Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

I give the guy a pass here...unloaded, in checked baggage, sounds like he let them know it was in there too.

Tried to do the right thing and got busted for it anyway.

When my dad passed away a few years ago, I knew he had an unlicensed handgun hidden away somewhere in the house.  I eventually found it and for a brief second thought about turning it in to the local police department.  Then I thought about it more, couldn't find anything online about immunity for turning in a gun and decided to dump it down the sewer drain.

I wasn't going to take even the remote chance of getting arrested for trying to do the right thing.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who was the Jets player a while back who was arrested on his way into the stadium on game day for having an illegal rifle in his car? 

Damien Robinson. The original D-Rob, who sucked even more than the other D-Rob.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I give the guy a pass here...unloaded, in checked baggage, sounds like he let them know it was in there too.

Just dumb!!

And "the right thing" is to not take a gun on a plane.

I was a defender, but it's always [at least] ONE stupid Jets DT player each offseason.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

The gun being unloaded in NYC ends up at worst a misdemeanor. But hard to fix the stupid that would put a handgun in  a bag you know is going to be screened. Was this guy raised by shewolves? In a cave? Under a highway helix? Looks like a very big,  fat,  dumb kid who got a gun because he's seen them in rap videos and thinks it's cool. He has no need for a gun. Probably poses in the mirror holding it sideways like a moron. If he wanted to leave it home in Alabama, that's his business, but carrying around here, a great way to get in trouble. 

A responsible gun owner knows within 30 seconds of buying a gun how to transport it safely and legally, and familiarizes himself the laws of any state he plans to carry his gun. If you picked the single worst way, it would be to try to hide it on a bag  while boarding a flight. 

Stories we have not heard about Quinnen Williams-"He's living in the gym, looks terrific,no more baby fat nonsense,  his strength is going to surprise his doubters". Best player in the draft. Again! Thanks Mike!

This is the problem with everyone's opinions, you spew whatever nonsense you can without any documentation. The kid is 22 years old, how old are you? And how do you know he isn't hitting the gym or not, you don't! He must have done some real hard work to get picked as the 3rd player in an NFL draft! Last but not least, I would love to see you tell QW that he is a fat, lazy dumb kid to his face, but I am sure you wouldn't have the balls, and I am sure he wouldn't need a gun to handle you...

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If you have a permit you can fly with the gun with the bolt taken out with checked baggage in the belly of the plane

There isn't a bolt in a Glock 19, and even possession of a handgun in NY is heavily regulated.  Even if he had an AL permit for a handgun, that has no standing in NY.  And putting an undeclared handgun in your 'luggage' (for the belly of the plane) is quite stupid...it's quite likely to either be identified and reported, or stolen.

Yes, a long gun (rifle) or shotgun broken down in a locked case and reported might be OK (personally, wouldn't want the hassle or risk in NYC), but a handgun?

Gonna raise a fuss in NYC either way.

6 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

There isn't a bolt in a Glock 19, and even possession of a handgun in NY is heavily regulated.  Even if he had an AL permit for a handgun, that has no standing in NY.  And putting an undeclared handgun in your 'luggage' (for the belly of the plane) is quite stupid...it's quite likely to either be identified and reported, or stolen.

Yes, a long gun (rifle) or shotgun broken down in a locked case and reported might be OK (personally, wouldn't want the hassle or risk in NYC), but a handgun?

Gonna raise a fuss in NYC either way.

Quinnen has an Alabama permit for the gun

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

When my dad passed away a few years ago, I knew he had an unlicensed handgun hidden away somewhere in the house.  I eventually found it and for a brief second thought about turning it in to the local police department.  Then I thought about it more, couldn't find anything online about immunity for turning in a gun and decided to dump it down the sewer drain.

I wasn't going to take even the remote chance of getting arrested for trying to do the right thing.

Doesn't matter that it was unloaded and in checked baggage...in NYC.  In NYC, without a NYC permit to own/possess the handgun, despite any out of state 'permit', it was illegal in and of itself to possess it and even put into his luggage unloaded or not.

And I'm sorry that you felt you needed to dump your Dad's possession 'down the drain' in fear the wrath of local law. That's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Quinnen has an Alabama permit for the gun

It's a handgun, and a permit in AL for a handgun means NOTHING in NY.  Trust me...I know.  

I drive to NY a couple of times a year to see my Dad, understand the law, and always leave my carry/vehicle weapon at home as I cannot drive through may states despite my MO CCW and certainly not in NY.

AL is a shall issue state for firearms, with no reciprocity in NY...just like MO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

It's a handgun, and a permit in AL for a handgun means NOTHING in NY.  Trust me...I know.  

I drive to NY a couple of times a year to see my Dad, understand the law, and always leave my carry/vehicle weapon at home as I cannot drive through may states despite my MO CCW and certainly not in NY.

AL is a shall issue state for firearms, with no reciprocity in NY...just like MO.

Look Quinnen made a mistake and got confused with Alabama’s gun laws which are non existent versus NY state’s

He wasn’t tryin to hijack the plane and he didn’t shoot himself in the leg he screwed up

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kenrick Ellis Lite

I hung out with Kenrick and Emmanuel Cook back in 2012ish I think at a local event after they were drafted/Signed.  It was a benefit for a friend of Cooks, a local who was paralyzed in an accident. Awesome event, had a great time with those guys. I rooted for both of them. Quality, regular guys. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Booo

im scared to ask but what was it

8 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Dude... now there's one of them flushed pet sewer gators crawling around down there with a side piece. He ever learns to shoot that thing and humanity is screwed.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

This is the problem with everyone's opinions, you spew whatever nonsense you can without any documentation. The kid is 22 years old, how old are you? And how do you know he isn't hitting the gym or not, you don't! He must have done some real hard work to get picked as the 3rd player in an NFL draft! Last but not least, I would love to see you tell QW that he is a fat, lazy dumb kid to his face, but I am sure you wouldn't have the balls, and I am sure he wouldn't need a gun to handle you...

Think I in fact have an informed opinion. Will only say I have a very intimate professional knowledge of criminal law in NYC. Carrying a gun into an airport speaks of being extremely stupid. Further documentation;Williams absolutely sucked balls as an NFL DT. Despite being a DT, he was not part of the jets'  goalline package the latter half of the season. His stats are in fact trash. jets could sign Snacks back today and get better production than William's overpaid ass. Having raised a son who is a D2 lineman, I've been around college recruiting camps and high school and college games for the last decade plus. Williams has not developed any technique, he simply blew up inferior college OL guys with his size. He was lucky to play on a loaded Alabama team and padded his stats and rep by playing cupcakes. In bowl games he was invisible. Williams is cut like the Pillsbury Doughboy is cut. That has not changed. Despite a rotator cuff surgery last October, could have over the summer probably pressed 225 more times as many times as  him. As a 23 year old (not giving my age!) would have had no problem outdoing him. 

Q-if you're reading this , right now you are in fact, fat, weak and stupid. Get a goddamn clue,  get your ass in the weight room, develop some technique and prove me wrong. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Learn how to read. I never said ALL gun owners are cowards. Are you really that hard headed? 

No, you said he was a coward for carrying a gun.

Youre differentiating how?  

Now youre making it about semantics?

Like I said, just say you didnt mean that and move on, don't claim I cant read.

Now move on

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Come on. No one said that. If we're going to make broad generalizations about gun owners, it's going to factual, like stating that they all have micropenises.

I see.

You would know this how? ?