****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we took one of the Ohio State WRs. 

KJ Hill has the record for receptions at OSU, and Binjimen Victor is a poor mans Michael Pittman. 

Works for me.  Hill would be my pick.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

KJ Hill was a team captain...

ive been talking about him for a while now, i think he can come in and contribute right away.  All time leading receiver in Ohio state history and can help in the return game.  Not a great athlete but he has super reliable hands and is an extremely solid route runner.   Ate up corners at the senior bowl. Im surprised he's still available, guessing its the 4.6 40. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Perriman 

Mims 

Crowder

Doctson

Berrios

Smith

TE

Herdon

Griffin

JD did a great job with this offseason. He may have not been able to bring in that number 1 stud wide receiver we hoped but who knows what Mims turns into he could be that. Douglas has a 6 year contract I’m sure somewhere down the line he will get Sam a undoubted stud. However, this group up here is not to shabby. Especially with the revamped offensive line to keep Sam upright

Lots of draws, screens and shallow crosses in the Jets 2020 offensive game plan.

I get wanting WRs (I want them too), but they are useless if the QB doesn't have time to throw. We added lineman in the offseason, and drafted 2 with one in the first. We also spent a 2 on WR. More importantly, with a team as bad as ours, we need as many players to stick from the draft as possible; would these guys that are around in 5-6 likely to beat out the vets we have?

You want to protect Darnold. Step #1 OL - we added 10+ including 2 draft picks. #2 Running game, the Florida runner isn't fast, but can get you that 1-3 yards - outlet pass, Step #3 TE (IMO) - we have 2 reasonable TE, WR - especially the fast ones are long ball hitters, we drafted one - we should let the rest of the team fall apart to draft 4 WRs where only 1 or 2 would make the team?

We need 80% hit rate in this draft, so I say draft players that can beat out a existing players, hopefully some starters. We have drafted WRs in the past and they didn't stick (granted it was Macc and Idzik drafting); we knew this draft wasn't taking us to the SB, but IMO if 6 of these players stick - we will come a long way.

Also, remember, depth is critical, especially with injuries. If we need to, we can sign a Vet to fill a spot, but for depth, you have to draft. Way too early IMO to tell how good (or bad) this draft is for us, but you can't just draft for position especially on a team that is paper thin at talent and depth.

• Upvote 3

As a WR junkie, I'm biased -- buuuuut as if KJ Hill and Isiah Hodges don't present the best opportunity to get mileage out of this pick... these linemen and secondary prospects are all total gambles/developmental guys at this point... Hill and Hodges can play, tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Maybe JD likes our WRs that are here. He has just as much tape on them as a draft pick

He's not that dumb, lol.

Nope, he did what he could (and did it well) with the assets he had available.  A great Job.

Our WR unit is, sadly, still mostly crap.  Hopefully the improved O-line is what we hope it will be, and Sam can turn this hamburger into sirloin.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Paradis said:

As a WR junkie, I'm biased -- buuuuut as if KJ Hill and Isiah Hodges don't present the best opportunity to get mileage out of this pick... these linemen and secondary prospects are all total gambles/developmental guys at this point... Hill and Hodges can play, tomorrow. 

we'll unfortunately be seeing hodges 2x per year 

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I get wanting WRs (I want them too), but they are useless if the QB doesn't have time to throw. We added lineman in the offseason, and drafted 2 with one in the first. We also spent a 2 on WR. More importantly, with a team as bad as ours, we need as many players to stick from the draft as possible; would these guys that are around in 5-6 likely to beat out the vets we have?

You want to protect Darnold. Step #1 OL - we added 10+ including 2 draft picks. #2 Running game, the Florida runner isn't fast, but can get you that 1-3 yards - outlet pass, Step #3 TE (IMO) - we have 2 reasonable TE, WR - especially the fast ones are long ball hitters, we drafted one - we should let the rest of the team fall apart to draft 4 WRs where only 1 or 2 would make the team?

We need 80% hit rate in this draft, so I say draft players that can beat out a existing players, hopefully some starters. We have drafted WRs in the past and they didn't stick (granted it was Macc and Idzik drafting); we knew this draft wasn't taking us to the SB, but IMO if 6 of these players stick - we will come a long way.

Also, remember, depth is critical, especially with injuries. If we need to, we can sign a Vet to fill a spot, but for depth, you have to draft. Way too early IMO to tell how good (or bad) this draft is for us, but you can't just draft for position especially on a team that is paper thin at talent and depth.

Great Post 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

If I have any complaints in this draft, it's the lack of WRs. I wanted two in the first three rounds, then another flier right about now. I wonder if I'll even get the flier. 

Otherwise, very pleased overall. Maybe Perriman is an (if not the) answer. Have to start hoping so. 

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree. I think they somehow got caught between tiers in a weird way but I wish they should’ve prioritized it a bit more.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think they love Vyncint Smith. I don’t agree with the thought process but I think I understand why they felt they didn’t need 2-3 premium WRs.

Josh Doctson, Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims....

how many premium WRs do you need?!

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

ive been talking about him for a while now, i think he can come in and contribute right away.  All time leading receiver in Ohio state history and can help in the return game.  Not a great athlete but he has super reliable hands and is an extremely solid route runner.   Ate up corners at the senior bowl. Im surprised he's still available, guessing its the 4.6 40. 

Did you say “Team Captain”?  Sold!!