Coach Tomlin paid James Harrison after 2010 hit on opponent!

24 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Goodell ain’t doing anything with this. 

yea, 1 player saying this happened...they had a lot more on Greggo. They might start poking around, but it's a long road from this to the NFL enacting any sort of discipline

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well this is no surprise, it will be fun to see Goodell toss tomlin out for a year and sock the holier than thou steelers.

The precident this tool set with the new orleans bounty gate was idiotic.  Now he has to take sever action on all kinds of things like this that have been rampant in football for years.

I wouldn’t hold my breath 

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Goodell ain’t doing anything with this. 

He still hasn't done jack about the Patriots taping the Bengals this year. Can't see anything coming out of this with the Steelers and Tomlin involved. Sad, but true.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DLJ said:

Why the hell would James Harrison say that publicly? He’s clearly taken too many hits to the head.

He was a psycho before he took the first shot to his head.

Wait y’all really didn’t think Greg Williams was the only one that did this?  It was staple in football for years. My HS coaches use to do things like this granted where talking like $20 not evenelops full of money.. I could only imagine what it was like in big high school states like Texas and Florida , along colleges and pros ..

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well this is no surprise, it will be fun to see Goodell toss tomlin out for a year and sock the holier than thou steelers.

The precident this tool set with the new orleans bounty gate was idiotic.  Now he has to take severe action on all kinds of things like this that have been rampant in football for years.

There will be no investigation

Do you think the League wants  this to become a thing?

12 hours ago, Bronx said:

I don't think we have much room to talk having Coach Williams on our sideline.

Theres a difference between getting harshly penalized and rebuilding one's career and never having been caught through. 

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Snitch.

It's hilarious how much sh*t Williams still gets for his bounty system. I get that the leaked audio was particularly brutal but this sh*t was common place as f*ck. 

Very true, and there's nothing wrong with it either. If they wrote it into a contract, with fancy 'legalese', nobody would bat an eye-lid.

13 hours ago, vtbx said:

My whole opinion on bounties changed when Bart Scott admitted that bounties were common during the Rex years. Apparently it's more widespread than we expected but maybe not the extent of GW at NO.

Players in the 50's and 60's talked openly about taking out certain players Dick Butkis loved doing it as did many others.. Remember when Ike Lassider fractured Namaths cheek bone.. I don't even think they threw a flag on the play..

16 hours ago, Bronx said:

I don't think we have much room to talk having Coach Williams on our sideline.

Has nothing to do with this. It’s not like he was cheating. He did his time (suspension). Doesn’t owe anything else. Plus it wasn’t a Jets coach that did the Bountygate. It was a Saints coach. 

7 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

It’s not like he was cheating. 

He was cheating. Like I'm not sure how that is confusing. Payments outside of a contract is cheating. It's the same thing people complain on here about how Kraft 'invests' in tommy boy's outside businesses