Mahomes agrees to 10 year extension

This is crazy, especially in Football. However good on him for cashing in before the cap goes to hell next year. He's just about the best player in the league and more than deserves whatever absurd amount is being thrown his way. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This is crazy, especially in Football. However good on him for cashing in before the cap goes to hell next year. 

Why do Jets fans believe the cap will go crazy next year? 

to account for lost ticket sales? 

it's not baseball. They make most of their money through TV

if they did change the cap mid CBA the Players would have to ratify it and by the way 30 of the 32 teams would be over this new cap

Jets should sign Sammy to a 12 year deal. Why not? He's already better than our last 10 QBs. You can pay him now or pay him MUCH MORE later.

Remember when we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick for 15 million? Good times.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank GOD we didn’t draft Mahomes!!

We would have had to spend all that money on the best QB in the NFL by far!!

Now we are free to draft guys who should be UDFA freely!!

KC those suckers!!

this is going to sound crazy but I truly believe the low cost of the franchise tag for safeties factored into the decision to draft 33 over a QB that year 

and when people talk about how wrong I am about DRob and Gholston they should use the site to look up what I said about Pat Mahomes 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The signing bonus will be relatively low for such a massive deal bc you can only spread a bonus out for a max of 5 years. He probably got his salary guaranteed for 7-8 years though to off set that.  And his salary is probably tied to the cap number.

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why do Jets fans believe the cap will go crazy next year? 

to account for lost ticket sales? 

it's not baseball. They make most of their money through TV

if they did change the cap mid CBA the Players would have to ratify it and by the way 30 of the 32 teams would be over this new cap

Cap is a % of gross.

If no one can go to a game, revenue may go down 50+ million a year (or up to 80 according to overthecap.com).    Say it only goes down 40 million, that means the cap goes down 20 million the following season.   Could be even more.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

It sounds crazy because it is. We get it. You think the Jets are cheap. I think I'll ask Trumaine Johnson, Quincy Enunwa, Le'Veon Bell, and CJ Mosley what there opinion is on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

Dont bother, he has no backup, he just throws it out there all the time.  Just likes to call his team cheap for some reason.  Makes him feel good

We also would have made Cousins stupid rich, we paid Sanchez stupid money, Revis, almost a billion for half a stadium, just under 100 mil for a world class practice facility, etc, can go on and on

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

It sounds crazy because it is. We get it. You think the Jets are cheap. I think I'll ask Trumaine Johnson, Quincy Enunwa, Le'Veon Bell, and CJ Mosley what there opinion is on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

these splashy signings are spends to get above the floor not the same as funding the roster properly 

they haven't spent to the cap since the Rex era a decade ago

the last time they made the playoffs coincidentally