*RUMOR* 49ers and Seahawks trying to aquire Jamal Adams, Cowboys unlikely to make a push at this time.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m not anti-vaxxing in any way, but I also don’t know if I’d want to be first in line for some rushed-to-market trial drug. 

Hard pass on that.

I'm not going to be the first to inject a brand new anything into my blood stream.

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Hard pass on that.

I'm not going to be the first to inject a brand new anything into my blood stream.

Yeah, that's my point. I'm sure a lot of players would feel the same way. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's bad for everyone.  But better for us than just about any other team.  

I see you're being very Machiavellian but I don't think you are doing it right.?

That being said I'm always down for a good scorched earth policy.

BURN IT DOWN!!!!!

IMG_20200103_101020.thumb.jpg.27ca5ce779a07a879256998c8d68d697.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I typically try to base all of my critical life decisions upon what I have witnessed on TV and movies.

Could die. Could gain superhero strength. 

Just a regular ol roll of the dice ya know? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I see you're being very Machiavellian but I don't think you are doing it right.?

That being said I'm always down for a good scorched earth policy.

BURN IT DOWN!!!!!

IMG_20200103_101020.thumb.jpg.27ca5ce779a07a879256998c8d68d697.jpg

Again....I'm not rooting for it.  Just pointing out that it wouldn't be the worst thing for the Jets for pro sports to hit the reset button until 2021.

I don't understand why my point is so hard to grasp?  A team with a ton of new faces with limited practice time will be hurt more than teams with continuity.  If the season happens as planned, we're not going to know what we really have with this team until about Week 6, at earliest.  I'm not saying anything extreme here.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Grant you Adams is a good safety. But has Levin T. Black actually watched Adams play? "True game changer"? Really? Anyone seen that player? Under the current PI enforcement, and how big hits are basically banned so the Ronnie Lott over the middle clobbering is illegal, and since Adams has almost no turnovers, the multiple occasions when he's been a "true game changer", when were those? 

And the Niners if they gave Adams an extension would probably have to at some point jettison Kittle. Does that make any sense to them? 

Disagreed with the bold.  TEs, even elite ones, come cheap in this league.  They can keep Kittle and still afford some pricey players.  The losses for them to make room for Adams would come on defense (Dee Ford), not offense.  

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I typically try to base all of my critical life decisions upon what I have witnessed on TV and movies.

Art imitates life and life imitates art, my man.

Orwell's 1984, Asimov's science fiction works and many others are coming more and more true every day.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RobR said:

You got Mims, and I got Becton AND Mims. I'm surprised you haven't nutted in your own eye since this turned into a dream scenario for a first time GM like Douglas and honestly, myself.

I've never been so happy about our first two selections in a draft.....ever. These were players that many of us liked pre-draft and now they are Jets even with a perilous and nerve wracking trade down.  

Typical Jets luck that as soon as things start looking up, everything else goes down the sh*tter. 

LOL.  Not bad for an older dude....  You need to post more.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jamal Adams would be a superstar if he carried himself like Larry Fitzgerald. Instead he acts like Antonio Brown like he has emotional problems lol. Dude is a jerk off-

Except for as a S, hes as big a star as L Fitzgerald.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Orwell's 1984, Asimov's science fiction works and many others are coming more and more true every day.

Let us not forget Huxley's Brave New World which seems to be more in line with the society we are living in... Control through excess of stimulation and excess of information... Overwhelm the senses to incapacitate the mind. Anytime you start to feel those dirty negative emotions take your soma and get back in line.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

excluding, of course, all looney toon cartoons.  I think I did poorly on my NY State Regents Physics exam because of all the anti-physics I had learned from Road Runner and the like.  

This is very much jamal chasing his dream of becoming a Cowboy with a top 5 NFL salary:

• Haha 2

Easy fix for the NFL and what they should do now that cases are spiking again:

-12 game season- 6 division games, 6 other games from within their own conference

-Season start: Week 1 10/22 (Thurs)

-No bye week during the season

Playoffs:

Wildcard 1/16-1/17

Divisional 1/23-1/24

Conference Champ- 1/30-1/31

Super Bowl- 2/14 Presidents day weekend

On 7/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, RobR said:

You got Mims, and I got Becton AND Mims. I'm surprised you haven't nutted in your own eye since this turned into a dream scenario for a first time GM like Douglas and honestly, myself.

I've never been so happy about our first two selections in a draft.....ever. These were players that many of us liked pre-draft and now they are Jets even with a perilous and nerve wracking trade down.  

Typical Jets luck that as soon as things start looking up, everything else goes down the sh*tter. 

Yea you're right. We got the LT and one my top choices at WR... I have to appreciate that. I don't know why it has me half swollen... it think it's the lack of faith in our O/HC, and the rest of the talent around him. I see us signing reclamation projects like Perriman, while others sign Sanders or Robinson... I still don't trust their talent evaluation. they traded back when Mims was there until he wound up as the only one left at that point... I guess i have to appreciate that change rarely comes on like a tsunami... Becton and Mims vs Quinnen and Polite is galaxies apart. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, chirorob said:

I trust german scientists far more than US drug companies.

Er.... US drug companies are frequently multinational drug conglomerates based in Switzerland. So US drug companies and German scientists may actually be one and the same.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yea you're right. We got the LT and one my top choices at WR... I have to appreciate that. I don't know why it has me half swollen... it think it's the lack of faith in our O/HC, and the rest of the talent around him. I see us signing reclamation projects like Perriman, while others sign Sanders or Robinson... I still don't trust their talent evaluation. they traded back when Mims was there until he wound up as the only one left at that point... I guess i have to appreciate that change rarely comes on like a tsunami... Becton and Mims vs Quinnen and Polite is galaxies apart. 

I'm not going too argue how it happened, I'm only celebrating that it finally happened. It's quite the rare feat that we pull the trigger on not only one of the draft boards favorites, but land the other while picking up extra picks. This draft will end up better than the Brick/ Mangold draft.

And then many will cry hindsight three years from now....it's a given.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/14/2020 at 9:35 AM, Dcat said:

You need to post more.

When the boards go back to talking about football I'll be back in full swing....right now JN is turning into a glorified cesspool. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

On 7/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Lurker89 said:

Let us not forget Huxley's Brave New World which seems to be more in line with the society we are living in... Control through excess of stimulation and excess of information... Overwhelm the senses to incapacitate the mind. Anytime you start to feel those dirty negative emotions take your soma and get back in line.

Might I add George Lucas' directorial debut in 1971 with THX 1138? It looks like some of us can see, (They Live) and are thinking along the same lines? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do you think this upsets me or something? Jamal Adams is a top tier NFL player. I like it when the Jets have good players like him. It doesn't happen nearly as often as it should. The only reason he gets so much attention from people like myself is mouth breathers like you and T0m Shane can't stop posting hate about him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1