### NY Jets 2020 Season Opener vs Bills ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Clear this team needed to either sign a primo WR or trade for one. If JD isn't on the phone looking to deal tomorrow, that's a problem. 

I thought it was a decent off season till this. Neither Diggs or Hopkins broke the bank. JD has capital. I was shocked and disappointed. Really don’t know what the thinking was there. Especially since the defense took such a downgrade. Greg W carried the team last year when he had nothing to work with. Now he doesn’t even have that. 

You know I'm not sure what we can expect as far as the rest of the season. It will take a complete change in off gameplan to get anything going. Im sorry but from 5 or 6 runs into first half with bell, not using our TE or continually throwing short of 5 yards, im just not sure what outcome they were hoping for. 

If everything went right we still lose the game with these calls. 

It was so predictable,  bell out there not being used, darnold given shot options all game. What the hell are these guy doing during practice?? What are they practicing. It was third quarter before we even saw a first down pass. 

Joe Douglas needs to fire gase right now. The team is not ready for the start of the season, two years in a row. 

Perryman out big off season addition didnt even get the ball throw to him most of the game. 

To be clear I don't blame the players much, they did probably  best they could  in that position.

On the bright side gore career is most likely over, only the jets could kill the immortal one

19 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Trade who you can. Secure the top pick. Dump entire staff. Restart. There’s no other option. 

This is basically an expansion team. 

Fire the coaching staff, hire Eric Beinemy, secure the #1 pick, take Trevor Lawrence #1 overall, use premium/significant draft capital to move up & take Ja’Marr Chase in top 10.(That’s that part people aren’t going to like) and that’s how you make the Jets relevant this decade.

21 minutes ago, TheMo said:

If this is the rest of the year we need to take Lawrence. The only reason not to take a QB is if we aren't in a position to get him. Then build the team knowing you are moving on from Darnold in the near future. 

Thank you.......

You keep drafting QBs until you get it right!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Losmeister said:

10 runs in the 1st half against an at best, average, run defense. 35 passes to 16 runs for the game. That means only 31.3 percent of the plays were runs. Is the Jets passing offense really that prolific? 

No reverses, not many outside runs. Nothing to bring the heat off on the QB...who struggles under pressure.

Yes, Darnold's play is a problem, but Gase operates like he doesn't have to do anything because it's "Darnold's fault!"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know I'm not sure what we can expect as far as the rest of the season. It will take a complete change in off gameplan to get anything going. Im sorry but from 5 or 6 runs into first half with bell, not using our TE or continually throwing short of 5 yards, im just not sure what outcome they were hoping for. 

If everything went right we still lose the game with these calls. 

It was so predictable,  bell out there not being used, darnold given shot options all game. What the hell are these guy doing during practice?? What are they practicing. It was third quarter before we even saw a first down pass. 

Joe Douglas needs to fire gase right now. The team is not ready for the start of the season, two years in a row. 

Perryman out big off season addition didnt even get the ball throw to him most of the game. 

To be clear I don't blame the players much, they did probably  best they could  in that position.

On the bright side gore career is most likely over, only the jets could kill the immortal one

the entire offense looked overwhelmed and underprepared in the beginning.  dropped passes and poor play calling.  you'd think gase would scheme to get darnold going early.  whatever darnold is, gase is not the guy who can bring the best out of him.  he's the offensive version of bowles, insisting on his scheme regardless of the fit or personnel.

• Upvote 2

Here are some things I think are true after Week 1 of the Jets season.

This roster is awful.  Injuries and opt outs have made it even worse.  Probably one of the worst in the league.  If not the worst.

Adam Gase is not a good coach.  The cupboard is bare but the Jets just always seem unprepared and undisciplined.  I think he understands offense conceptionally, but he gets out coached and out adjusted by D Coordinators every week.  He needs to go.

The OL is probably going to be better this year, but they still won't be good.  Becton played ok I thought, but both Guards are really meh.

Sam Darnold is not going to develop into an upper echelon QB.  Not here at least.  I doubt anywhere.   I think a team can win with him at QB, but he's never going to carry a team.  He just is never going to stop making some of those head scratching mistakes.  His footwork is still as bad as it was as a rookie, so I don't anticipate a big change there either.  If I was a betting man, I'd say the Jets will be moving on from him this off-season if he doesn't make huge leaps the rest of this season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the entire offense looked overwhelmed and underprepared in the beginning.  dropped passes and poor play calling.  you'd think gase would scheme to get darnold going early.  whatever darnold is, gase is not the guy who can bring the best out of him.  he's the offensive version of bowles, insisting on his scheme regardless of the fit or personnel.

Get me toub from KC. He has John harbaugh upside. Then get that man Lawrence.