Be afraid. Be very afraid.

TMAC

2 minutes ago, TMAC said:

What you are seeing is the destruction of a franchise.  Gase was brought in to develop Sam Darnold.  Looks like Sam's ruined.  Gase needs to be fired today but Chris Johnson too stupid.  A very sick and sorry situation.  

There should absolutely be real fear that the Jets, despite having numerous problems, will once again decided to keep the bad and get rid of the good.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I agree. Gase is definitely ruining Darnold. I'm at the point where I don't just want a new Head Coach. I want a new QB.

We need a clean slate. Darnold looked like he had a lot of promise. But Chris Johnson has allowed Gase to ruin him, and he's too stupid to see the mistake he has made and continues to make. We are doomed. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Nothing that any rational person didn't know a year ago or more.

It all starts at the top and the most important decisions being made for the team are being made by guys who know less than 805 of the fans on this site.

I think you’re the only other poster who has been as vocal about the awfulness of Gase as I have been since day 1.

Unfortunately, it’s not as rational as it should have been. And I don’t know about you, but I’ve eaten hundreds of buttfumbles and downvotes and snarky replies since Dec 2018 about Gase, and now I’m bitter. All of the idiots who actually backed despite the overwhelming evidence that he’s been hot trash his entire career don’t deserve to jump on the bandwagon now. They should all live with Gase for the rest of their lives...because this isn’t just another failed HC in a long line of failed HCs for this franchise. This is a guy who wasted two years of the only Jets drafted QB I’ve ever seen worth anything, and has potentially ruined him forever. Chris Johnson and all of Gase’s backers can all get ****ed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I want to remind people that the leader of our defense and best player was traded.

Our best player on offense walked in free agency.

Gase isnt the lone culprit. Joe Douglas made this team worse.

This is probably the worst roster I have ever witnessed in all my years watching.

I think JD was more knowledgeable about how bad we are & got rid of Robbie & traded Adams knowing those 2 couldn't handle the losing. This is a true tear down rebuild. LT ✔️QB? Not much else. 

17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

How was gase the best hire at the time

He was willing to work for Mac, and let Mac pick his DC. It wasn’t about best candidate, it was about candidate most willing to take money, put up with stupid, and give zero ****s.

Gase doesn’t care.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He was willing to work for Mac, and let Mac pick his DC. It wasn’t about best candidate, it was about candidate most willing to take money, put up with stupid, and give zero ****s.

Gase doesn’t care.

And after this debacle his coaching career is over he wont even get a coordinator job IMHO

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He wasn’t.  They lost Rhule because they wouldn’t let him pick his staff and then a bad owner took a phone call from Peyton Manning vouching for Gase, so he gave Gase the job

So with that said, getting a new HC and QB isn't gonna make a difference unless ownership changes which isn't gonna happen.

26 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I want to remind people that the leader of our defense and best player was traded.

This is probably the worst roster I have ever witnessed in all my years watching.

Douglas does not get a free pass here either, I keep hearing he has a plan but putting out substandard NFL Players in nearly every position and trading away or letting walk in FA the only legitimate talented playmakers you have is not a plan 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TMAC said:

What you are seeing is the destruction of a franchise.  Gase was brought in to develop Sam Darnold.  Looks like Sam's ruined.  Gase needs to be fired today but Chris Johnson too stupid.  A very sick and sorry situation.  

Jets got their QB in 2018 and still managed to mess it all up.  It starts with the inept ownership.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Ehhh Sam is fine. Gase otoh is a Div III coach.

41 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

LOL If Robbie Anderson is the best player on your offense then your team surely does suck

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

So with that said, getting a new HC and QB isn't gonna make a difference unless ownership changes which isn't gonna happen.

If they hire a new coach that doesn’t suck I’m sure it’ll change.  But with the string off sh!t coaches we’ve had here, are we confident thats even possible?

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

If your brilliant GM thinks Breshad Permian is an upgrade over Robby Anderson then we have bigger issues than purely our team sucks

Your argument is as empty as Gase’s brain. RA wanted OUT. He took less to go to Panthers. JD made an excellent offer and RA jumped ship. JD signed Perriman, for what, 5 M for 1 year? It’s a look and see move. If he does well, he resigns him. If average, he moves on. Best we can hope is Perriman replacing RA is a wash. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Your argument is as empty as Gase’s brain. RA wanted OUT. He took less to go to Panthers. JD made an excellent offer and RA jumped ship. JD signed Perriman, for what, 5 M for 1 year? It’s a look and see move. If he does well, he resigns him. If average, he moves on. Best we can hope is Perriman replacing RA is a wash. 

Well you do appear to be an expert on empty arguments so I’ll give you that