The team that played last night does not go 0-7

JohnnyLV

We were a very competitive team yesterday. We found a way to lose but we were the better team on the field.

1. It was the first time we have seen our starting WR corps intact and it showed. Mims and Perriman were more than the sum of their parts and with Crowder in the mix as well we had a decent NFL receiver group with a ton of potential.

2. We changed our offensive line pass blocking schemes. I do not think it was just a function of Flacco calling better protections, the protections themselves were simpler and pretty effective. We did use different blocking schemes last night and it seemed to be effective. Lot more combo pass blocking schemes, some pure B.O.B schemes and even some split zone pass blocking effectively creating a gap that dictated the rushing lane which was the RB responsibility. Perrine was effective in the simplified system

3. Our defense is starting to come together. We were softer up the middle with Q but we are seeing some decent play from Langi, Huff, Davis Franklin Meyers Basham and Jenkins

4. We also seemed to have an actual offensive game plan and a better flow and strategy to the play calling.

It was far from perfect but we looked like an NFL team last night. 

Receivers made a huge difference. I dont really think it was Flacco I just think the group of receivers we fielded last night is vastly better.

If that is a preview of the team we will have for the last 7 weeks, and they solidify some of the new concepts and get healthier (especially Becton) over the bye this team will not lose out. I could see us finishing similar to last year and ending with 4 or 5 wins and picking 7th of 8th,

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Jets should and will be big underdogs in every single one of those games, but aside from Seattle it wouldn't surprise me at all if they won any of them.

to be sure none of them look like world beaters.  seattle started out that way but have fallen off.  but 4 of those games are away and two of those are on the west coast.  it'll be tough to eke out a win.  true the jets looked pretty good last night but they still don't have a reliable run game.  imagine on that flacco int series if they could run?  a couple of first downs basically runs the clock out.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Raiders are very worrisome. Got destroyed by the Jets last year and the Patriots this year. Going from west coast to east coast seems to really affect them.

Are u f*cking kidding me? 
Thry have a good running game with Jacobs, they have good fast WRs, Waller at TE. 
We couldnt stop a team with guys named Byrd & Myers & literally NO TE. 

The Jets are going 0-16.

They have been non-competitive in all but 2 games... Denver and New England.

The Jets played as well as they possibly could, generated big offensive plays, and still lost to a mediocre team.  In the 2nd half, the Jets had basically one successful offensive play.  One.  Cam Newton shredded the defense.

All of their remaining opponents saw how close they were to a W last night.  Nobody will take them lightly from here on out.  The opposing DCs will take away the deep balls, forcing the Jets to sustain long drives underneath.  Something they cant do.

Gase's adjustments suck, he NEVER outcoaches anybody for the latter 30 minutes.   

Winless.

We play a close game to another really bad team and suddenly we have "significantly improved?" Weren't they just blown out a week ago? So like, since then? 

I think things gets WORSE. That was their Super Bowl last night and they blew it. Totally demoralized. What possible reason do they have now to get back up? Pride? LOL. They're all trying to stay healthy the rest of the way and wondering what next year will look like.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Raiders are very worrisome. Got destroyed by the Jets last year and the Patriots this year. Going from west coast to east coast seems to really affect them.

When the Raiders have a fully healthy offense, they can beat any team.   The problem is they’re really hurting at the tackle position right now + have some injuries on offense .  Trent Brown is the best Rt in the game has played in one game, and three snaps in another .( that’s it)    When he’s in the lineup it’s a total different team.   Lt Kolton missed his first game of his career.    Not having their bookend tackles effect their ability to throw the football down the field.   
The defense is very disappointing. They have enough talent on that side of ball but just haven’t gotten the job done.( think they need a new Dc ).

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We were a very competitive team yesterday. We found a way to lose but we were the better team on the field.

1. It was the first time we have seen our starting WR corps intact and it showed. Mims and Perriman were more than the sum of their parts and with Crowder in the mix as well we had a decent NFL receiver group with a ton of potential.

2. We changed our offensive line pass blocking schemes. I do not think it was just a function of Flacco calling better protections, the protections themselves were simpler and pretty effective. We did use different blocking schemes last night and it seemed to be effective. Lot more combo pass blocking schemes, some pure B.O.B schemes and even some split zone pass blocking effectively creating a gap that dictated the rushing lane which was the RB responsibility. Perrine was effective in the simplified system

3. Our defense is starting to come together. We were softer up the middle with Q but we are seeing some decent play from Langi, Huff, Davis Franklin Meyers Basham and Jenkins

4. We also seemed to have an actual offensive game plan and a better flow and strategy to the play calling.

It was far from perfect but we looked like an NFL team last night. 

Receivers made a huge difference. I dont really think it was Flacco I just think the group of receivers we fielded last night is vastly better.

If that is a preview of the team we will have for the last 7 weeks, and they solidify some of the new concepts and get healthier (especially Becton) over the bye this team will not lose out. I could see us finishing similar to last year and ending with 4 or 5 wins and picking 7th of 8th,

Don't underestimate how bad the Patriots are. And they didn't have Gilmore.

The Jets defense is really bad as well. As the schedule gets tougher 0 and 7 is possible. Still rooting for the Jaguars each week just in case.

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Are u f*cking kidding me? 
Thry have a good running game with Jacobs, they have good fast WRs, Waller at TE. 
We couldnt stop a team with guys named Byrd & Myers & literally NO TE. 

Yeah but which Derek Carr are you getting the good one or the horrible one . 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah but which Derek Carr are you getting the good one or the horrible one . 

This is correct, the raiders as a team can win any game or lose any game.  Dolphins have a rookie QB, chargers find ways to lose, Baker can have one of his 3 pick games.

the Jets looked good at least for a full half last game, if they improve a bit more they are a danger to win a game or two, if the other team has an off week.