Orlovsky says Jets should fire Gase tonight

AFJF

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Orlovsky should also fire himself because he was completely wrong about Darnold. 

Darnold sucks. 

How he missed on Darnold was nothing.

The level that he missed on Josh Allen was spectacular.  Before the 2018 draft he went into minutia on what he believed was Josh Allen's zero sum ability to mentally process critical information at the line of scrimmage.

It was a wildly passionate oration,  portraying Josh Allen as having zilch future in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

Why Why Why would any jets fan want to fire Gase now with 5 weeks left? His incompetence makes him the supreme tank commander we need for 1OA with Lawrence as the prize. We still have very little room for error with Jax losing today and likely winning the tie breaker.  We need him to finish the job and this team is much more likely to finish 0-16 with General Gase in charge of the troops. Thanks for serving Adam. 

47 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yes, the terrible quarterback who absolutely sucks at football should be punching people on the sidelines because you still have a weird crush.

P.S. sammy sammy sammy sammy sammy

You need to listen to what people in the business are saying. Darnold has been altered to fit a scheme that didn't work for Tannyhill in Miami,and now he is messing with the skills of a QB that was very highly regarded coming out of USC. Where is the TE in this offense. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

How you treat a coach has ramifications even if he's a jerkhole and deserves it. This idea that it's unfair to the interim coach is utterly idiotic and shows the board is going full on excuse mode for whatever uninspired hire they make.

Who am I excusing?  Gase is terrible.  Firing him  at 0-11 is meaningless at this point. Why put this mess on someone else for a measly 5 games?  Nobody wants that on their resume, let Gase own it.  The time to send a message was over a long time ago. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gangrene said:

How he missed on Darnold was nothing.

The level that he missed on Josh Allen was spectacular.  Before the 2018 draft he went into minutia on what he believed was Josh Allen's zero sum ability to mentally process critical information at the line of scrimmage.

It was a wildly passionate oration,  portraying Josh Allen as having zilch future in the NFL.

Honestly, with what Josh Allen showed in college, that wasn't a bad prediction. He's progressed a lot to where he's surprised a lot of people (me included). Credit the Bills for developing him properly and getting him help. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

He's right!

Bowles was better than Gase is now and Bowles was rightly fired.......and keeping Gase around just makes the process of getting another HC delayed! 

delayed how? hes going to get fired right after our last game. whatever coach we want we cant talk to until after there season ends. and nothing stopping JD from making calls to college coaches. we dont need Gase fired to get ready to make a list of who we want. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Once we secure the # 1 pick, he should immediately be gone. Until then, we deal with it

1 minute after the season is over CJ and Woody need to announce that Gase and the entire coaching staff is fired. Clean house and then announce JD will pick his own coach.  Grow a pair of balls to go with their little itty bitty junior Johnsons.

4 hours ago, doitny said:

delayed how? hes going to get fired right after our last game. whatever coach we want we cant talk to until after there season ends. and nothing stopping JD from making calls to college coaches. we dont need Gase fired to get ready to make a list of who we want. 

Hmmmmmm if you are College coach would you negotiate while another has that job?

Perhaps you would, but many would not.

There is a reason why several teams performing far better than the Jets have fired their coaches and even their GMs prior to the last game of the season and it isn’t because they don’t know what they are doing.   

Yes.

Let's not get short sighted here. 

5 more weeks of this type of football and Trevor Lawrence is ours.  Sure, it'll feel good right now to fire him..but it would be classically Jets to fire Gase, win a game along the way and then watch TL for the next 15 years be a top QB in football.  

Don't be stupid here.  Too much is on the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Adam - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

Everyone else: This is funny

Crusher: "What a violent person. FANTASTIC writer but violent nonetheless. I'm going to hate to ban him, especially at his advanced age. I wonder if his other work is more family friendly."

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kent Caparell said:

I've been a fan of this team since 1960. I had one glorious moment when I was at the game w/my late father and the Jets defeated the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl.

Me too bud... May they rest in peace. Happy Holidays.

14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Adam - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

You have issues.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.

Let's not get short sighted here. 

5 more weeks of this type of football and Trevor Lawrence is ours.  Sure, it'll feel good right now to fire him..but it would be classically Jets to fire Gase, win a game along the way and then watch TL for the next 15 years be a top QB in football.  

Don't be stupid here.  Too much is on the line.

If I was Trevors mom I would report this post. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

1 minute after the season is over CJ and Woody need to announce that Gase and the entire coaching staff is fired. Clean house and then announce JD will pick his own coach.  Grow a pair of balls to go with their little itty bitty junior Johnsons.

gasecj.jpg

SAR I

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Your boy Gase could F up a cup of coffee 

literally all of his offensive skill players get better once they get away from him

First off, he's not "my boy".  I don't love the guy.  I just don't want Todd Bowles II or Herman Edwards II, decent coordinators or position coaches who suck at the big job and that's exactly what will happen.  We are a bottom-of-the barrel franchise, have been for 50 years, besides lucking out with Parcells and his unique Giants/Patriots vendetta, we don't attract any talent at head coach.

Adam Gase manages the team and manages the media well.  That's the majority of the battle right there.  When the team is rebuilt we will know a) if Gase is a decent coach after all or b) if we can attract a truly top-tier head coach.  Until then, the devil we know is better than the one we don't.

SAR I