jETz ##!@# vS rAMz dA GaMe THrreaD is HERe

Maxman

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The quarterback is the infrastructure. 

And it sure sucks that QBs from Southern California and QBs from the Deep South are incapable of succeeding here. I guess we’ll just have to wait for one of those blue-chip prospects from uhhh Bergen County to fall into our lap

Or Antarctica. Anybody have any scouting reports on prospects from there?

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Where someone grows up does not define them forever. People move away and make choices. 

The problem is that Trevor did not move away 

Cartersville Georgia is not exactly stankonia

He went to school in the south Carolina back woods 

He's like a more gullible Chad personality wise or super Tebow 

I gotta be honest, I don't have a high level of confidence that kind of person thrives in NY/NJ 

Aka Sodom and Gomorrah 

Gotta imagine his high school sweetheart/fiancee is keen to keep him far away from the models and the bottles of NYC. She'll feel a lot more chill with this level of temptation around.

Come See Our Beautiful Ladies!' Collecting Women's Bodies on Postcards

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Or Antarctica. Anybody have any scouting reports on prospects from there?

It's not qbs from the south or so cal per se.

It's guys who don't face enough adversity along the way 

Being qb 1 at usc or clemson is not like being qb1 at NYJ.

The Jets are an underdog franchise we need an underdog 

Multi transfer to Fiu (Morgan) or Wyoming (Allen) are more analogous situations 

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's not qbs from the south or so cal per se.

It's guys who don't face enough adversity along the way 

Being qb 1 at usc or clemson is not like being qb1 at NYJ.

The Jets are an underdog franchise we need an underdog 

Multi transfer to Fiu (Morgan) or Wyoming (Allen) are more analogous situations 

Ehhh generalized hogwash.  Really don’t get your point. Playing at a top flight program like Clemson has its own specific challenges with inherent adversities to succeed. And TL has done that with flying colors. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, Bugg said:

Thing is, you don't get the chance to draft That QB all that often. You fight with the army you have, not the one you'd like to have. And for the Jets, the best possible component would have been Lawrence. When then would you expect the Jets to have a shot at any QB worth a damn? It's a zero sum game. You are not going to have that perfect day when it all comes together. You need to add quality pieces at key positions (like not taking a safety over a QB, but let me go bang my head against the wall for another few decades). Lawrence would have been a HUGE piece. Now that's gone because of stupidity, malfeasance and total incompetence. They Jets AGAIN won a crap December game that basically crushed their franchise again. 

Darnold played a decent half probably after some time with his family in his hometown. You can't build on that. The Jets don't play in LA all that often. 

Unfathomable The Johnsons did not convey via Hymie Whatshisname that The Tank was a priority, play the kids, rest the good players. It's rank incompetence, but typical. In pro sports, tanking is 1. not unprecedented and 2. while frowned upon not punished. The Johnsons are such complete half-assing dolts they can f___ up f____ing things up. 

Point stands. What a complete total f___in' cock up this all was. 

To now, 2 years in, find ourselves arguing about the degree of suckitude on the BYU Little Lord Fantelroy bounce pass midget running backward m__therF___er...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2020 at 3:20 AM, bitonti said:

The Jets are better off with Sewell than TL 

TL not a culture fit for this town and they don't have the infrastructure on offense to support him. 

He would have ended up like either Mike nugent (Country boy syndrome) or Andrew luck David Carr (too many hits) 

Draft Sewell, cement a top 10 line and find playmakers. The team has dire needs up and down the roster 

I do not see why this is so crazy 

20/20;Would have been better off with Sewell(or Parsons)over than Wilson, slog on with Darnold or sign a vet, that is no doubt true.

Also true;  the single worst possible choice was picking Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

20/20;Would have been better off with Sewell(or Parsons)over than Wilson, slog on with Darnold or sign a vet, that is no doubt true.

Also true;  the single worst possible choice was picking Zach Wilson.

There's a picture today of TL celebrating his playoff victory at the waffle house so I feel pretty decent about that scouting report too 

• Upvote 1