Lombardi: Meyer to Jaguars

dbatesman

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Jaguars should get a head start on their 2024 head coaching search now.  After three 5-11 and 7-9 type seasons Urban will have another “heart condition” that will force him to quit.   

I think this will either go very, very well or Meyer's out the door after 3 mediocre seasons as you stated.

Will Meyer look to the college ranks for coordinators?  Maybe Tom Herman who still is out there?

Also, with the number of times he's left jobs due to "health reasons" can you be that comfortable

as a JAX fan that he'll last?

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will likely be in the minority here, but I just have a feeling this thing crashes and burns in Jacksonville.

I agree, he stressed out on the college level where he had a huge talent advantage.  That's

not happening in the pros with cap restrictions

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's great news.  Now the dominoes for the other openings can commence.  We should have our new coach by the weekend.

SAR I

My initial reaction but hard to say.  Smith has interviews scheduled with just about every team, Saleh still has interviews planned, Texans have to wait on Bieniemy, anyone wanting to talk with coords. in the playoffs, guys like Staley and Daboll have to wait.  

Still may have to wait longer