As much as I hate to admit it, you are witnessing history

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What QB goes from one team that is a constant fixture in the playoffs and SB's that wins double digit games in the regular season,  leaves that team and they now the suck, and his new team goes to a SB his first season with them at age 43!!!

sam  ?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What QB goes from one team that is a constant fixture in the playoffs and SB's that wins double digit games in the regular season,  leaves that team and they now the suck, and his new team goes to a SB his first season with them at age 43!!!

Objectively correct, yes.  But I still hate the frikkin' guy.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

First off it's only been one year that BB and Brady are apart. I give both of them nothing but props and I realized that during the Falcons Super Bowl. I told my children we were witnessing history.

I think back and my father told me about the cars he had like the classics! 57 Chevy? 67 LeMans? Muhammad Ali!?

Hey man I'm Jets all the way! I love football and the NFL did a great job this year. Everybody involved! I think it helped us all through. Brady is a great storyline. Don't think Belichick isn't coming back.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why would he?

A year ago I thought it was laughable that he would play until 45. 

Now? Why not 50?

There are games where his age shows but not today. The Buccs are a good team around him so they can carry him a little if he needed it ala Peyton. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

BB in 26 seasons has 2 winning seasons without Brady..

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Drums said:

There are games where his age shows but not today. The Buccs are a good team around him so they can carry him a little if he needed it ala Peyton. 

His D really bailed him out on those three consecutive interceptions in the 3rd / 4th quarter.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The greatest QB of all time

I hated him in that god awful blue. Now I don’t care. Kinda happy for him showing Belichick who the real boss was the last 20 years and that Pats never had a genius HC. It was always the (cheating) QB. 

Without him, Pats are trash. They rode Bledsoe a few years and then lucked into Brady. I hope they go through 2 decades worth of trying to find the next FQB. 

As for the Jets, we will have our opportunity to trade for a top 5 QB that’ll play another 12 years but we simply won’t do it cuz it requires 3 first rounders. We would then go on to easily spend 4-5 first rounders on a QB over that span. Jets I tell ya. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

GOAT....  and it pains me to say it, he’s hard not to admire.  he’s like Jeter.   There are so few of them.  Good for him.  

Yes but I think he's just renting the trophy until Mahomes takes it in 10-15 years or so assuming he stays healthy.  We are watching the beginning of a career that could be Michael Jordan-esque.  If he wins his 2nd SB this soon, the way he's playing?  It's great to watch but it's going to suck for the next 10 years trying to get past them in the AFC.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

yep.  i hate to say it but things like this separate to good from the great.  but i also look at it this way.  we are in a sports era where we are seeing some pretty phenomenal players and it's hard to see how long before these people get supplanted.  will mahomes beat out brady for goat?  he seems to have the best chance at the moment.  in other sports who's going to beat out serena williams in tennis, or tiger in golf, or le bron in basketball and so on.

12 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I hated him in that god awful blue. Now I don’t care. Kinda happy for him showing Belichick who the real boss was the last 20 years and that Pats never had a genius HC. It was always the (cheating) QB. 

Without him, Pats are trash. They rode Bledsoe a few years and then lucked into Brady. I hope they go through 2 decades worth of trying to find the next FQB. 

As for the Jets, we will have our opportunity to trade for a top 5 QB that’ll play another 12 years but we simply won’t do it cuz it requires 3 first rounders. We would then go on to easily spend 4-5 first rounders on a QB over that span. Jets I tell ya. 

don't be so quick to bury the bellichicken and the patsies.  they need a qb and some skill players but they have a pretty effective offensive and defensive program.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They allowed a quick TD after the first, the next two they did a great job but none of the Ints put GB in great field position.

Even then ... you throw 3 INTs in the Championship game, you don't expect to win. Especially with a talent like Rodgers on the other team.

Bucs D did its job and massively limited the impact of those INTs. Without that - very different story.

3 minutes ago, Peteo said:

I understand the dislike of Brady but every team in the league had multiple chances to pick him in the draft.  My question is what did Belichick see that no other GM did?  

Not much originally, hence the 6th round pick.  I think he saw enough after he was on the team to make him the backup to Bledsoe.  Then Mo Lewis did the rest.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The greatest QB of all time

If you’re a fan of the game you got to give TB props. I’ve been around a long time and the last 43 yr. old QB I can remember was George Blanda. Good QB ( he was also the kicker) but nothing like TB.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Peteo said:

I understand the dislike of Brady but every team in the league had multiple chances to pick him in the draft.  My question is what did Belichick see that no other GM did?  

He got lucky. Probably just took a late round shot never in his wildest dreams thinking he would turnout like he did. 

15 hours ago, Savage69 said:

BB in 26 seasons has 2 winning seasons without Brady..

A better way to state this IMHO is he has 2 winning seasons in 7 without Brady. Although, he's a different coach than his CLE days, presumably he's learned a little bit since then. Ancient history.

53 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

remember when Brady was hurt and the backup qb's were playing just as good, N.E. was winning anyway, and everyone thought that it was Bellichick who was the genius?   They're both good.

They are both good.

Those early NE teams were very balanced.  They ran the ball, they played good defense.   They won a Sb by shutting down the Rams (probably did cheat to do it).