Aaron Rodgers thinking of retiring?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He probably doesnt want to play for a team that drafted his replacement and a coach who completely botched the end of the game w/ an awful call to kick a fg instead of going for the td.

Tom Brady throws 3 picks in the 2nd half and the offense lays an egg but sure, blame it on that singular play. 

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He had 3 opportunities to score before kicking the FG. Also, 2nd and 3rd down, he had room to run and choose not too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah he should of ran on 3 rd down for sure. His mistake. Rogers had his chances many times to get his team back to the Super Bowl and failed. Sure he’s a very very very good QB but a great QB would of gotten their team back to the big game at least once or twice more. Let him retire. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah he should of ran on 3 rd down for sure. His mistake. Rogers had his chances many times to get his team back to the Super Bowl and failed. Sure he’s a very very very good QB but a great QB would of gotten their team back to the big game at least once or twice more. Let him retire. 

Agree. For such an under the radar turd who had a lot of earned clout and more often than not made good decisions he suddenly needed someone to hold his hand on that one? Kick him in his hairy ass. It's hairy if his neckline is any indication. 

10 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Rodgers is a HOF QB, let's put things in perspective. And he's not retiring after the season he had (I don't think anyway). Their coach completely screwed the pooch. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

His picks were basically punts. 

So? Punt or pick, they got the ball back. At first I thought they blew it with that FG and it was definitely gutless but looking back at it, after their last score, Aaron Rodgers went up to a defender and said something (probably something like get the ball back for us) and they went out and got that first pick. Then another. Then another.... come on how many chances do you need? I am not blaming Rodgers, I'm just saying they had so many chances. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No.

That’s not even what he’s hinting at, he’s hinting that he may leave Green Bay. He’s still pissed about the Love pick and rightfully so.

He’ll stay though. 2021 could be his final year there.

What's Love got to do with it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As I have said a few times today, it is NEVER rogers fault for anything.  Never.  always someone or something else.  He gets credit for anything good and never the blame for the fails.

This.

The Packers lost this game because of Aaron Rodgers and he's trying to deflect just like he always does.  He threw some awful balls in the redzone all day.  The Packers D turned over Brady 3 times in the second half and the O got no points.  His HC didn't give him a shot on 4th and 8 because he sucked on almost every redzone play all day.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at this list.  Its is amazing how many qbs have more 4th quarter comebacks then rodgers.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

When his team is down in the 4th, he doesnt get it done.  He is not clutch.

Or maybe Stafford and Ryan have more comebacks because they’re always behind in the fourth quarter, unlike Rodgers. That stat has always been misleading.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He probably doesnt want to play for a team that drafted his replacement and a coach who completely botched the end of the game w/ an awful call to kick a fg instead of going for the td.

Rodgers will insist Bienemy is hired as HC or he will ask to be traded to the Jets.  Three #2's and Darnold. 

They lost by 5 points! And a ref missed a clear holding on Bunting interception! I could give sh*t either way but it never fails that the NFL refs eff up an important call in a big game. There are like 3 sets of eyes that follow the ball, especially directly in the middle of the field. Bunting clearly grabs the WRs Jersey by his shoulder pad, stops his momentum & picks the ball off. Do you know why this bothers me so much even though I didn't give a damn about this game? Because I know for certain, that if we were watching the New York Jets, there wouldnt be no way on gods green earth that yellow flags would have rained down like sleet in Maine. 

• Post of the Week 1

Rogers doesn't have a killer instinct, he's a phenomenal technician but lacks that special quality. One play he scrambles and has a wide open field for a TD and throws to a covered receiver. Tom throws 3 picks but still makes the biggest plays like the end of half throw to Miller. You have it or you don't.

13 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Imagine if they spent that first rounder on someone who could help this year.  

Yep. Look what Tampa put around Brady and what the Packers did for Rodgers. Can’t take anything away from Brady at this point but dude just falls into the best situation w the best luck of all time. 

9 hours ago, PS17 said:

Or maybe Stafford and Ryan have more comebacks because they’re always behind in the fourth quarter, unlike Rodgers. That stat has always been misleading.

The top 7 on that list are 1st ballot Hall of Famers.  I guess brady and manning were always behind in games.

That is is not misleading one bit.  Like yesterday, when down in the 4th quarter, Rodgers is a mediocre qb.

My take has always been Rodgers is as good a pure passer as anyone every.  He got tight in the redzone with the game on the line.  More interestingly in hindsight maybe LaFleur who's call to kick the field goal seemed insanely stupid at the time thought Rodgers was tight and needed a breather to have any shot to win?  

The Packers did take a QB and LeFleur did kick the FG.  Maybe the Packers organization had lost faith in Rodgers before this season and Rodgers may have proved them right?  

22 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yep. Look what Tampa put around Brady and what the Packers did for Rodgers. Can’t take anything away from Brady at this point but dude just falls into the best situation w the best luck of all time. 

Rodgers has a ton of talent around him.  He simply got tight in a big spot in the game.