2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

To be be honest if they don’t love any of the QBs this year then it might be better just to trade down and gain even more assets and just revisit it next year or see what Sam does with actual talent around him.  I’m not saying they should go this route but if they choose to go down that road I will support it 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

We’ll see about that.  The exact words given to me were: “Looks more like he (Sam) gets moved.  The Zach Wilson love is real”.

This is going to be a long f*cking week.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

So lets have our QB out in the wind wondering about his future.  

well maybe he's not and we, fans, just aren't aware of any conversations... 

is it plausible that JD and the CS have told Darnold he's the dude and not to listen to stuff in media because they have to sell that to get max value for the #2 pick? absolutely. 

truth is no one knows, and the JETS FO is not the leaky ship it was.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

We’ll see about that.  The exact words given to me were: “Looks more like he (Sam) gets moved.  The Zach Wilson love is real”.

Week???  Month and a half!!  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

pump up trade value is possible though... 

I don't love me some Z Wilson. TBH if you gave me 2 options and they were:

1. Select Z Wilson @ 2

or

2. Trade the 2nd pick acquire more draft capital 

I'm letting that pick go for reasonable haul and expediting the rebuild get some picks and players and set-up future drafts

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As much as I'm not on board with Zach Wilson, I would gladly accept that fate if the Jets would just end this marathon of pain - somehow. Saying things like "we're committed to Sam" followed by "we'll listen to offers"... faaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Im with you ...  like all the way... can you ask the witch what's up

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Stark said:

pump up trade value is possible though... 

I don't love me some Z Wilson. TBH if you gave me 2 options and they were:

1. Select Z Wilson @ 2

or

2. Trade the 2nd pick acquire more draft capital 

I'm letting that pick go for reasonable haul and expediting the rebuild get some picks and players and set-up future drafts

I’m team trade down, so if that’s the way we go, I’m perfectly ok with it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Roll with Darnold and give him the same dog crap roster. Great thinking Joe!

The thing about having Cap space, ESPECIALLY in a year like this when other teams are forced to cut players or can't match your offers, is that it really gives you a chance to jumpstart your roster without having to overspend.  BUT, you still have to spend.  The Cap space is the weapon that helps you preserve your Draft picks and not have to use them as capital in trades. I mean, what good is an umbrella if on the one day it rains you never open it?

We need to see what JD does in the coming days but I'm truly expecting some upgrades.  He needs to find at least 3-4 more starters minimum on a team that had so many guys on 1-year deals last year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Great, more opportunities for him to miss wide open receivers with a clean pocket or throws made with terrible footwork.

The guy made a washed Joe Flacco look decent at times last year with the same protection and weapons.

Anyone who says different can't be trusted

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

i bet that no matter the preference Joe and team want to wait on doing anything final untill after Jax makes that pick, because if they dont pick the qb they are supposed to, I am pretty sure they will want the option to take him. Imagine if they trade it away before draft day and jax pulls a number out of the browns playbook and pick wilson instead or whomever. They just gift trevor to someone when they could have taken him, or traded the pick away for alot more otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1