DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“Congratulations, you just won this Lamborghini!”

Jets fans: Hmmmm, keep it. I’m not paying the extra ten cents for premium gasoline every time, no sir. 

10 cents..... 10 cents?!?!  No wonder you are the way the you are. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or: Hmmmm, keep it. I did start building a new garage but it isn't finished yet.

Jet fans would be like, NO FREAKING WAY ON THAT 3rd ROUNDER! You want that too for Deshaun Watson? Come on Man! 

JET fan is shown list of all of our 3rd round picks from 2000-2020. Response? Oh, um, OK throw in a 3rd this year too.

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Houston has a Lambourgini with no engine and no tires.

So they trade the lambourgini to the jets and it still has no tires and no engine because the money saved for those things was used to buy the Lambourgini.

Honestly Beer, do you really think that?

We would still have plenty of Cap Space for FA's.

We would still have most of a draft of picks to make in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Sure, we won't have however many #1's, but a draft is 7 rounds for a reason.

And we'd have a 4,500 yard, 30 TD, 10 INT, 70% type QB in-hand.

You really don't see any chance this works out?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Houston has a Lambourgini with no engine and no tires.

So they trade the lambourgini to the jets and it still has no tires and no engine because the money saved for those things was used to buy the Lambourgini.

Yet that same Houston team won their division the prior 2 seasons primarily because of Watson.

Your analogy fails, sir.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Adams is an exceptional situational blitzer and every down run stopper.

He is a mediocre pass defender.  And he is horrific if what you want is interceptions.

I think most folks would agree Adams had alot of talent, but it was talent that was very niche (i.e. on most teams should be filled by Edge players and LB'ers, i.e. every down rushers who don't hurt your pass defense by rushing) and was a "luxury" piece to a team perhaps one luxury piece away, not a foundation for a well built team.

Especially at the price it was reported Adams was looking for long term.

Everyone would love to have a 10 sack Strong Safety and give up nothing of value to keep him.  We just weren't in that spot, we were never one Adams away, and Adams frankly made no difference to OUR win/loss total, generally.  

Hopefully the picks we got for him will be at more premium, core, difference-making positions.  That's up to JD.

I can get on board with this assessment. I don't disagree with much of what you're saying except the highlighted is simply not accurate.

I keep hearing is just a box safety...over and over again like it's some type of fact.  He's much more than that.  He's one of the better defensive players in the NFL.

Btw.  I don't disagree with the move at all, I like what JD did...but I also think in today's NFL defense is boarding on meaningless (not quite but you know what I mean) if you want to win a Super Bow you NEED an explosive offense.  We need to use all premium assets on offense.  If JD goes out and takes a corner and edge or something with Seattles two picks, we might as well have kept him.  Would rather keep the sure thing than roll the dice on one or both of them becoming impact guys.  I don't buy into the money thing because we have no one to pay anyway.

If he uses those picks on anything offensive - it's a great move.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Honestly Beer, do you really think that?

We would still have plenty of Cap Space for FA's.

We would still have most of a draft of picks to make in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Sure, we won't have however many #1's, but a draft is 7 rounds for a reason.

And we'd have a 4,500 yard, 30 TD, 10 INT, 70% type QB in-hand.

You really don't see any chance this works out?

The Jets have a wore roster than the texans who just won 4 games with watson.

Cap space is the most overrated thing in the NFL because people are always projecting their team to get the top 3 or 4 Fa out there.  that never happens and most often there is only 3 or 4 really  impactful players to get.

You are protecting out the rebuild for three years on a 25 year old Qb not new to the league guy in a rookie contact

7 rounds, did you look at what Douglas got for us after round one in his 1st draft?

Yes I for sure see how it could work out really well, no question the team has not had a QB as good as watson many years, maybe ever. 

All I am saying is the jet are in a unique position toe improve in many positions in a big way over the next two years.

Going all in on the Qb is a risk, and still not one person has given me a good explanation as to how houston won 4 game last year with an all world QB.

Four of the top 8 passing teams from last year did not make the playoffs.  You need talent across the board to be good in this league.

• WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

1) who is that?

2) I just checked his twitter and don't see that....so unless he quickly deleted it, might be fake

3) boner pants on anyways

He's a real  good Jets fan to follow on twitter.  He retweets Jets news really fast.  I often get his retweet faster than the original tweet.  

Tweet Tweet :) 

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's not really higher, but points-wise even if it was higher, that chart is a guideline not a rigid/mandated value. It doesn't account for QBs way up top, and over-values those top few picks when there are none. Once Lawrence is off the board, after dealing with the public mess regarding the Watson trade, even if 3+18 was a bit higher than 2+23, Houston's not going to worry about a theoretical point difference it means not getting their preferred QB to lead them out of this mess. 

Whether they're evenly ranked or not, it's not likely the team will view them equally. They'll certainly have a preference, and it's hard to imagine they risk losing their preferred young FQB prospect right after they gave up their preferred young FQB veteran.

#2 is worth a lot more than #3 if a team wants to trade up and has a clear preference which QB they get to draft. Only Maccagnan would fork over so much to trade up and say, "Meh, I'm good with whatever leftover prospect is there."

Actually Maccagnan, and Bradway years earlier when he traded up to #4 before he knew who was going to be there.

But most won't do that, and it seems likely that - assuming he is traded - Houston isn't waiting until the FA period is over.

Jets picks 2 +23= 4,060 points, Dolphins picks 3+18= 3,978 points, according to over the cap.  But the #2 pick is worth far more then #3 if you would want to guarantee the QB you want.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet that same Houston team won their division the prior 2 seasons primarily because of Watson.

Your analogy fails, sir.

They had a better team previous years correct?  They had a hopkins and other pieces.

Their talent level went  down and they win 4 games.  Same QB, same team.

But with the Jets a team with even less talent we will be world beaters.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

They had a better team previous years correct?  They had a hopkins and other pieces.

Their talent level went  down and they win 4 games.  Same QB, same team.

But with the Jets a team with even less talent we will be world beaters.

We've been through this.  I'm not explaining it again.  You're a broken record.  

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets have a wore roster than the texans who just won 4 games with watson.

Cap space is the most overrated thing in the NFL because people are always projecting their team to get the top 3 or 4 Fa out there.  that never happens and most often there is only 3 or 4 really  impactful players to get.

You are protecting out the rebuild for three years on a 25 year old Qb not new to the league guy in a rookie contact

7 rounds, did you look at what Douglas got for us after round one in his 1st draft?

Yes I for sure see how it could work out really well, no question the team has not had a QB as good as watson many years, maybe ever. 

All I am saying is the jet are in a unique position toe improve in many positions in a big way over the next two years.

Going all in on the Qb is a risk, and still not one person has given me a good explanation as to how houston won 4 game last year with an all world QB.

Four of the top 8 passing teams from last year did not make the playoffs.  You need talent across the board to be good in this league.

So let me ask you this, if we stand pat where we are today, no trade, who is your 2021-2025 QB?

And I'll ask, how did the bottom 8 passing teams do in terms of making the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So let me ask you this, if we stand pat where we are today, no trade, who is your 2021-2025 QB?

And I'll ask, how did the bottom 8 passing teams do in terms of making the playoffs?

You're acting as if Adam Gase being gone doesn't instantly mean Sam Darnold is a top 5 QB, and I don't understand why?

• Haha 1