WENTZ TRADED TO COLTS

JetsFanatic

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Schefter

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Whole situation is so weird. Didn't Pederson get fired for not playing Wentz and playing Hurts?

Would seem to hurt Darnold's trade value a bit, but maybe we can still get the late first.

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Interesting. I thought they'd get more. If it works out it could be a great trade for the Colts.

I think everyone sees a reclamation project with as much work needed for Sam Darnold... except Wentz that poison pill contract. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Schefter

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Remarkable how Wentz's perceived value plummeted this past season. Such a bizarre season with all kinds of random circumstances impacting so much.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, derp said:

You were lightning fast with that post.

Feel like the Colts were more likely to pursue Darnold than the Bears. I also think Darnold is a better asset than Wentz who has that gross contract but maybe I’m wrong.

Really interesting return. I very much like the use of conditional picks like that for high risk high reward trades...except the stupid versions the Jets seem to always end up on the wrong end of that are contingent on extensions and the the guys get franchised or mysteriously re-signed after the deadline for the pick escalation.

@football guy posted in a thread earlier today that his latest info on Sam was basically the same type of structure in a potential trade. Just sayin......?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, derp said:

You were lightning fast with that post.

Feel like the Colts were more likely to pursue Darnold than the Bears. I also think Darnold is a better asset than Wentz who has that gross contract but maybe I’m wrong.

Really interesting return. I very much like the use of conditional picks like that for high risk high reward trades...except the stupid versions the Jets seem to always end up on the wrong end of that are contingent on extensions and the the guys get franchised or mysteriously re-signed after the deadline for the pick escalation.

I saw it mentioned a few times that Wentz’s people were forcing their way to the Colts even though the Bears were allegedly willing to pay more, which I’d imagine impacted the return

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Interesting. I thought they'd get more. If it works out it could be a great trade for the Colts.

Great trade for the Colts, because of Reich. Love Ballard as GM for them. Really smart, shrewd, and finds talent. I hope it works for them both.

• Upvote 4