Trade out vs draft Wilson - age poll

extmenace

Trade out vs draft a qb - how old are you?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Age / trade the pick or draft a qb

• Under 20 - draft a qb
    • Under 20 - trade the pick
    • 21-30 - draft a qb
    • 21-30- trade the pick
    • 31-40 - draft a qb
    • 31-40 - trade the pick
    • 41-50+ - draft a qb
    • 41-50+ - trade the pick

I wanted to trade back for a ton of draft picks to set this franchise up to succeed. Not gonna get that now, so I'll put blind faith in JD & staff to pick a hopefull franchise QB @2.( I'm old enough to know better in putting blind faith in anything humankind)
Would like to trade up now into the top 10 to get Pitts, or best OL after taking a qb @2 ,go figure...

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

40 years old and have had season tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  

I would trade the pick if the package offered was right.  If they could get an offer from Carolina that is similar to what the 49ers have to Miami I’d do it  immediately. 

If Darnold stinks it up again they would have three first rounders in 2022 and two in 2023.  They’d either end up in the top 5 of have another draft capital to do it in 2022 if needed.  

This team has improved but there are still holes to fill. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

I'm from ireland as my profile picture suggest and 42 years young, I joined an Irish and uk jets whatsapp group and said on it that I read something on a forum.....the abuse I received about how forums are so 1990s and don't believe any stuff you read on there, twitter is where it's at?

I’m from Belfast.. cheers

• Upvote 1

47 and i want a QB

i am for a Watson trade, but if that cant happen i want to draft a QB

i dont watch college football. so i dont know who the QB should be. i will trust JD on that.

what i do know is i watched every Play...Pass...and throw of Sams career. and i had enough. hes had enough of a chance. regardless of the team or coach around him he could have looked better. Burrow was running for his life and looked 10x better. Sam has never looked that good. 

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm in the 41+ group and chose trade down. It has nothing to do with Darnold. It's just the team so devoid of talent and a trade down or two could really help fix that issue over the next two years if Douglas is worth a damn as a GM. I won't be upset if we take a QB at 2 and its obviously the most likely scenario, but IMO it makes more sense to use the opportunity to build the entire roster. 

If we go QB I think there's a decent shot we're in the same spot 3 years from now with a new HC, a QB who never developed and a roster that needs an overhaul. Of course JD can still build the roster if he goes QB at #2. It's just a more difficult task and he needs to have a higher success rate. 

56 and totally agree. I’ve watched this team fail at rebuilding over and over again. I can see the wrong move a mile away because I’ve seen so many. Don’t be distracted by shiny objects. This team has never had a QB play well or have any level of success when the QB wasn’t already surrounded by talented players.

But it would be very Jetsy of them to betray their HC’s mantra of “there are no shortcuts”, and take a QB at 2 in the hope of him creating some instant success.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why does age matter? The NY Jets desperately need a QB to be competitive in the NFL . 

Because we don't  have enough threads about Zack and are seeking out any excuse to start one. Tomorrow I am going to start a thread on do you want Zack because you have a Tony Zackery jersey  that you are dying to wear again. 

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

56 and totally agree. I’ve watched this team fail at rebuilding over and over again. I can see the wrong move a mile away because I’ve seen so many. Don’t be distracted by shiny objects. This team has never had a QB play well or have any level of success when the QB wasn’t already surrounded by talented players.

But it would be very Jetsy of them to betray their HC’s mantra of “there are no shortcuts”, and take a QB at 2 in the hope of him creating some instant success.

Love this post and totally agree. 

54 and Trade down.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The only times we have built effectively last 30 years we focused on offensive line FIRST 

Draft

7524BC8E-587D-4CEE-B684-E5BD0C630456.jpeg.fa3eab684c78c056405eb7939c8e5e8f.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Season ticket holder from 1978.

Draft Zach its time for a change and to reset the rookie clock.  Sam just hasnt worked out, the chances of him working out arent better than Zachs chances.  At least Wilson looks like hes having fun playing a game and sure looks to be entertaining.'

Sorry Sam.

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I just woke up from my nap and everything hurts. I finished my beer and moved on to a more sophisticated Vodka and cranberry... with a splash of lime. When I eat or sleep my medicine wears off that's how old I am LOL.

As far as the Jets I don't know if Zach Wilson is rugged enough. I'm not sure Justin Fields is smart enough. I'm also not sure if we've ruined Sam Darnold enough?

Does that make any sense? I turned 47 a few days ago I don't remember which few days it was.

But for my birthday my girlfriend bought me two Sasquatch books and one of my favorite biographies ever Mick Foley a tale of blood and sweat socks! I'm kind of insane so I'll just blabber on like a crazy man at a bus stop.

Whatever the Jets do I usually wind up curling up in the fetal position during the first quarter and my children Pat me on my head and leave the room.

I think my girlfriend broke up with me... and I think the Jets are bad for you.

If we take Zach at number two I'm fine with that. If we trade the number two for a bunch of picks I'm fine with that too. Life's a journey not a destination, and we all take walks down our own roads.

Currently watching the Beast must die on Svengoolie, up next is the original Star Trek episode Mirror, Mirror. One of the best ever!

Gonna make some tortellinis with alfredo sauce, with some mini meatballs and diced tomatoes with spicy green chilies. That's how I roll, so how you like me now?

Go Jets!

it makes perfect sense.  haven't the jets already seen what an injured qb can't do?  chaddy was riding pretty high until he started to get injured.  all the football sense in the world means nothing if the guy can throw the ball or stay on the field.  i'll go along with whatever douglas does.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Next year is a way better qb class

Wilson and Fields aren’t going to be very good

Didn’t we do this a few years ago & it bit us in the ass? One good thing about upping old QB threads like the Watson one & the Darnold pro day is to see how even some of our best posters have no idea who will be a good QB in 3 years time.

15 hours ago, extmenace said:

I’m curious. It seems almost split between the draft a QB crowd and the trade out crowd. I’m curious if this split has anything to do with how long you’ve been following the team. How old are you and what side of the fence are you on?

Nice job coming up with this poll. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. It looks like most people think we should draft a QB at this point.