Name the player who will fall in the draft

There’s always a consensus top pick who winds up falling further than any draft pundit would’ve predicted. Last year we saw CeeDee Lamb who was a consensus top 10 pick fall all the way to the Cowboys at 17. Who could we see falling this year? 

im going with Devonta Smith. I think he could slide a bit to the late teens or possible to us at 23 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Lamb was overvalued by twitter/fantasy know it alls. Not by a lot, but not sure he was top 10 talent. Things have changed in the last 10 years -- with social media there's 10x the number of voices. Getting harder to gauge what NFL teams actually think.

Some names that i think will go later than expected based on medicals/flags/real value; 

• Jaelan Phillips (age+medical)
  • Kadarius Toney
  • Rashod Bateman
  • Travis Etienne
  • Patrick Surtain
  • Terrace Marshall (medical)

Good list.  And thank your for getting Marshall's first name right.  I am not sure how many people realize that it is Terrace, no "n").  Synonym for porch, or balcony or portico.  Terrace. Not Terrance.  Not sure why, but the number of twitter draft "experts" who don't know the guy's name has been driving me crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Lamb was overvalued by twitter/fantasy know it alls. Not by a lot, but not sure he was top 10 talent. Things have changed in the last 10 years -- with social media there's 10x the number of voices. Getting harder to gauge what NFL teams actually think.

Some names that i think will go later than expected based on medicals/flags/real value; 

• Kadarius Toney
  • Rashod Bateman
  • Travis Etienne
  • Patrick Surtain

I think you nailed it here. 

Phillips and Bateman specifically i think will be droppers.. Phillips it just takes one team to want in on him because his potential is soo high.  Rosseau I think will fall to the 2nd maybe even as well. 

Bateman is interesting because you see him mocked in the first in a ton of mocks, but I hear literally 0 buzz about him from anywhere or anyone. 

Toney while being mocked in the 1st early on I think now falls to the 2nd. 

Backs are hit or miss to me.

Surtain may fall if the cowboys dont take him... I personally didnt think he was the best corner in this draft but I know some will disagree. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s always a consensus top pick who winds up falling further than any draft pundit would’ve predicted. Last year we saw CeeDee Lamb who was a consensus top 10 pick fall all the way to the Cowboys at 17. Who could we see falling this year? 

im going with Devonta Smith. I think he could slide a bit to the late teens or possible to us at 23 

Good guess. We saw a lack of interest in free agent WRs this year. Colleges are producing a lot of really good ones every year now. I think supply and demand could ultimately result in a devaluation similar to, but not as extreme as, RB. A 165lb WR is probably a scary prospect for a lot of GMs. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

• Kadarius Toney
  • Rashod Bateman
  • Travis Etienne
  • Patrick Surtain

What do you think of Surtain? I know there's a thousand opinions on a thousand websites, but sometimes people get a gut feeling about a player (in one direction or the other). I've never watched him play myself. Before the other QBs moving up (back when it was just pretty much 2 in the top 10) I saw him as high as 6-7; now half the mocks have him still there at (or close to) our pick at 23. 

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mac Jones. Out of 1st.

I think the odds of that are literally 0. He is more likely than not to go 3 and if he didnt he never makes it past NE.

Fields might drop relative to expectations. Also, is epilepsy viewed differently for a QB? 

There were also rumours Sewell as falling because of maturity but that seems to have calmed down.

So much also depends on what happens at Picks 3 and 4

Phillips. Can't see a team drafting a guy in the first round -- or even the second round -- who has suffered repeated concussions since the Pee Wee league. I don't care what the "medical report" says. Doctors are close to clueless about concussion symptoms and the course they may take.