jgb

Busy alert  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do if Wilson busts?

• Nothing. Par for the course
    • Flush down the memory hole and praise the next guy to the moon
    • Go back and edit my old posts and act like I called it all along
    • Argue for years he didn’t bust—the Jets failed him
    • That’ll be it for me. Done with this team (aka the nino)

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's much more likely he busts than becomes a franchise QB. Nothing on him personally, but most QBs bust. Hard to get upset that something that is unlikely to occur.. doesn't occur.

Agree plus — IMHO, always — he has a greater chance to bust than the average high first rounder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Option F: Find every member on JN who said that Wilson was better than Fields and make his life miserable.

Very few said it before the talking heads started reporting the Jets had a woody for Wilson. If he was drafted by Pats we’d be laughing at Bill overreaching for a one-year wonder against a tomato can schedule.

Should tell you something.

• Upvote 3

Honestly because of the way draft picks are paid per where they were drafted vs the old way, its not as franchise crippling if the guy busts.  You take another swing and move on.  Also with the salary cap vs QB % of it, it seems like more veteran QBs are becoming available than ever before.  Team philosophies on how to man the position are starting to change I think. Would suck if he busts, but plenty of options to move on from him if he does. Anyway it won't matter because he's going to be awesome.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Reaction?

I said I'd be all out of they found a way to not make it work with Sam.  Not going to say something that dumb again.  Still here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Very few said it before the talking heads started reporting the Jets had a woody for Wilson. If he was drafted by Pats we’d be laughing at Bill overreaching for a one-year wonder against a tomato can schedule.
Should tell you something.

I would not be. The guy is going to be good. It’s hard not to get tired of the know-it-all negativity on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I would not be. The guy is going to be good. It’s hard not to get tired of the know-it-all negativity on this site.

I'd worry less about the "negativity" (some would say "accuracy") on this site and more about what happens on the field to feed it.

this is a great topic - as far as i’m concerned the kid is already a bust - i mean what has he done for this franchise so far? zero zilch nada - no way he turns into anything more than ryan leaf - all you need to know is his family supports maga - nothing but heartache rooting for him - thanks for helping us idiot fans understand the futility that is/will be zach wilson - so much good analysis brought to this board - what would i do without it?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

this is a great topic - as far as i’m concerned the kid is already a bust - i mean what has he done for this franchise so far? zero zilch nada - no way he turns into anything more than ryan leaf - all you need to know is his family supports maga - nothing but heartache rooting for him - thanks for helping us idiot fans understand the futility that is/will be zach wilson - so much good analysis brought to this board - what would i do without it?

Cbs Deal With It GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 1