Jets Passing Game Coordinator Gregg Knapp in Critical Condition Following Biking Accident

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If he's still in a coma? Not good. He's already lost too much oxygen to the brain and even if he wakes up unfortunately he'll be a vegetable ? I'm fearing the worst all we can do is ?

This is a huge leap.  Many people recover from comas.  There is enough to be upset about around here without these kinds of dime-store diagnoses.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's not good.  Greg is a friend of a friend of mine.  She just saw him at lunch in a restaurant/bar in Seal Beach the weekend before last. He was there with his mother who is a lovely woman in her 80's.  Greg needs our prayers.  Wishing the best for him.

Seal Beach is my hometown. Never would’ve thought that a Jets coach would’ve been hanging out on Main St. 

This sounds really awful.  Hope he beats the odds here and can return to a normal life sometime.

Anyone else live near 9W in NJ?  Packs and packs of cyclists on this road - far too many act like they're the only ones on the road.  As a driver, it's absolutely terrifying to me.  I try to be super cautious, but it seems like only a matter of time before something awful happens.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Thanks, Doc.  Did you send this response off from the ICU?

Na but I have a great childhood friend who was involved in a motorcycle accident and she went into a coma for over 1 month and let's just say she's never been the same since waking up. 

"Although many people gradually recover from a coma, others enter a vegetative state or die. Some people who recover from a coma end up with major or minor disabilities. Complications can develop during a coma, including pressure sores, urinary tract infections, blood clots in the legs and other problems" 

IF you people think falling into a coma is "normal" you're greatly mistaken.

"A coma is a serious medical emergency. Health professionals will start by ensuring the immediate survival of the patient and securing their breathing and circulation to maximize the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain."

When in a coma you unfortunately lose a lot of oxygen to the brain ? and I know first hand because I seen what it did to my friend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Let's stop with the medical speculation.  It's not even confirmed Knapp is in a coma.  And some comas are by design. So let's not go there.  Let's hope the family gets the miracle they are requesting.  We can speculate on the impact this has on the offense just as rookies report.  There is no QB coach/passing coordinator now. 

I'm not the one who made reports of this man being in a coma and i wouldn't be speculating if this thread wasn't created to begin with.

and what has been confirmed is that he's in critical condition and suffering life threatening injuries. 

I couldn't care less about "Zach Wilson" or if we "don't have a QB Coach" none of that crap matters dude I just hope he's going to be ok. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Na but I have a great childhood friend who was involved in a motorcycle accident and she went into a coma for over 1 month and let's just say she's never been the same since waking up. 
"Although many people gradually recover from a coma, others enter a vegetative state or die. Some people who recover from a coma end up with major or minor disabilities. Complications can develop during a coma, including pressure sores, urinary tract infections, blood clots in the legs and other problems" 
"A coma is a serious medical emergency. Health professionals will start by ensuring the immediate survival of the patient and securing their breathing and circulation to maximize the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain."
When in a coma you unfortunately lose a lot of oxygen to the brain and I know first hand because I seen what it did to my friend. 

Now you have to prove you were right? Geez. Back off man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's quite a bit.  Knapp was lauded as a great hire.  This is a tremendous blow to the Jets. They need to find a replacement quickly and whoever it is, it is likely to be a significant downgrade.

I wonder if Lafleur or Calabrese will assume that role for now?

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/rob-calabrese

I hope he's okay....

This sh*t is happening more and more. People in this country have NEVER driven responsibly,  and with the advent of Cell Phones, road biking is a very, very dangerous activity now. 

Best wishes to Coach. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm not the one who made reports of this man being in a coma and i wouldn't be speculating if this thread wasn't created to begin with.

and what has been confirmed is that he's in critical condition and suffering life threatening injuries. 

I couldn't care less about "Zach Wilson" or if we "don't have a QB Coach" none of that crap matters dude I just hope he's going to be ok. 

I know Knapp's health is what matters most and I hope he recovers and that his family gets the miracle they are seeking.  I do care about the football aspect, however.  That doesn't trivialize the tragedy here.  It's just fact. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

When in a coma you unfortunately lose a lot of oxygen to the brain ? and I know first hand because I seen what it did to my friend. 

Google "anecdotal".

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I haven't see any stories saying he is in a coma, but his wife praying for a miracle does have me deeply concerned.

This.

People generally do not pray for miracles for people they expect to have routine, full recoveries.

Best wishes to Coach and his family, but I'd agree this is looking quite bad at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm aware. Generally that's what critical condition means. I was unaware we were all supposed to post sad posts that were approved by some social council. Do see me posting a laughing gif?

No, I saw you make light of the situation for a lame joke. You are free to be a dick as you like.

The awesome people on this board did such a great job with Maxman on that gofundme.  Maybe we can do something similar for coach Knapp from our board.  The bills fans do it all the time for dumber things like opposing QBs screwing up games so they make the playoffs and donate to that QBs charity. Anyway Im barely able to figure out how to post on here nevermind figuring out how to set something like that up lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

How horrific!  Super pulling for coach Knapp and his family through this trying ordeal.  I know this is bigger than football, but I can't shake the feeling that the Jets are just a snake bitten franchise....  My heart dropped when I heard the news and it just really bummed me out.  Take life one day at a time everyone.... until TC starts, the only teams I'm rooting for at the moment are Team Knapp and Team Maxman!?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

please stop posting in this thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1