Jet Message Board History

clayton163v

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

Whatever happened to green eggs and ham? 

If this is a real question (which I think it is) he became extremely absorbed in defending the honor of one Sarah Palin (no, I'm not kidding).  He overreacted to some good and not so good-natured ribbing.  Lost his mind and threatened to kill (or at least beat the crap out of) some posters in DMs.  Was banned, I think, or maybe he wasn't (because he was a Moderator?) which caused a lot of people to leave, pre Scout.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Somebody legit threatened to kill me in a PM on the April Fool's Day when we let all the banned posters back to go nuts.  I think it was DWC, but I can't remember.  I don't think many were using their real names.  By the time I tried to send my come on over message he was banned again.  Could have been @T0mShane in a dress portraying somebody too. 

• Haha 3

"was a big blow to my daily routine, a little anonymous community wiped out. Wandered the web until I found most people migrated here.  Never asked for my post count to be transferred, I coulda been big ; ) "

Never knew you could have your post count ported over from JI, If I only knew lol. Back in the 90's it was newspaper sites and believe it or not horse racing sites that talked football, but from more of a gambling angle (cards or squares).  

As mentioned by @Dcat, I started with usenet. You needed to download a newsreader to access them and I think I used the one called free agent and then thunderbird. They didn't  make it easy to find the jets news group  because there was literally  a NG for just about anything you could imagine. I think it was called alt.football.pro.ny-jets or something like that. I met @Dcat ans @SAR I there ad well as some others. There was this one guy Brian Pratt. He was a pats fan troll that would hit way below the belt. Bringing someones religious beliefs  was fair game when it came to him. Some others I remember were this guy called Burford, and one other who eventually  changed his name to U_Hate_Me. I don't  recall what it was that made everyone turn on him. Maybe he liked Glenn Foley too much. 

I never made it over to NYT board and my first exposure the Henry Hertz was at NY Jets Chat which was another Usenet like board that basically  had no rules so conversations went everywhere. Did a short stint at Gang Green (place totally sucked) and have been here since. 

Started on JI back in 2003 i think? maybe 2005 its hard to remember, early 2000s for sure.. when that went to scout or whatever they decided to destroy that place with I drifted in the ether for a few years, didnt get any jets discussion at all.  

I tried to log back onto JI and I saw some of the main posters were talking about this place so i jumped ship and came over here.  Best decision ever, boards amazing, and its great to be around a lot of the old crew again from over there. 

I started on JI during the Herm/Pennington years. Maybe 2003? I don't really remember.

In 2006, I was banned by Sooth for mocking Mark Canizzaro's extreme girth after he wrote an article challenging D'Brickashaw Ferguson's manhood for not giving him an interview (Mangini had forbidden the players from giving them at the start of training camp that year).  I think that's when I created an account here. 

Eventually the ban over there was lifted, and I jumped between sites for a short while. Then I got into another argument with Sooth that ended with me telling him to go f*ck himself. I was banned for good after that, and this place became my home. 

Sooth banned me from his site, but he had absolutely no problem selling my info to scout. All these years later, he can still go f*ck himself.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

I started on TGG around 2008 I think. I got banned for trolling Tebow fans who did nothing but cry about how maligned they and Tebow were. I moved to JI and after the Scout nonsense came here. 

I got banned by dinobot. They later "fired" him for being a power-tripping hack of a mod. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:10 PM, Beerfish said:

Jetsinsider around 2005 or 2006 I think.

That was me as well. 

I believe I joined just before the '05 draft, as I remember the Mike Nugent discussions.   The '06 draft I was on a lot, and remember the discussions about drafting a center, or trading up to try to get Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler.

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

If this is a real question (which I think it is) he became extremely absorbed in defending the honor of one Sarah Palin (no, I'm not kidding).  He overreacted to some good and not so good-natured ribbing.  Lost his mind and threatened to kill (or at least beat the crap out of) some posters in DMs.  Was banned, I think, or maybe he wasn't (because he was a Moderator?) which caused a lot of people to leave, pre Scout.

He did give the immortal "The Pig is Ripe for the Slaughter"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I started on some site back in 1999 when I was still in the Air Force and had a lot of free time. I think I went over to JI around 2004 for the D'Brick draft. Hung around at JI until the Scout exodus. Went over to the Hampur and had fun in the draft forum with @Lith @sec101row23 @Paradis @RobR and some others, but then no one really posted there anymore and then I came here. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

That is legit. Ham was like the original DWC, he literally spent a week talking about how his life had changed because the Jets found a franchise QB in Kellen Clemens. 

I started back in 2009 on JI.  Was heading down to Indy for the AFCCG and decided to look online to see if Jet fans were planning to get together anywhere and I found JI.  Started posting there regularly about a year later, after my son went off to college and I had nobody to talk Jet football with.  Wife and daughter couldn't give a sh*t about football, most of my friends around here are Bears or Packers fans. 

Found like minded "crazy loser Jet fans" (my wife's term for all of us) on JI.  Stayed there until the Scout exodus.  After scout I became pretty active over at the Hampur -- as @maury77 mentioned above, great draft forum for a few years until it slowly died.  Still go there for Islanders talk, but for the Jets, this is it right now.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

BP!!!!!!!! Still got those two cubanos in my humidor with your name on them.

Hey thugturd, it’s unreal but I had a memory pop up on FB today from 7 years ago with you (in your Jets custom turd hoodie), your dad and your brother tailgating with us. Jesus, can’t believe that was 7 years ago. You still in Germany?

• Upvote 1

Just now, BP said:

Hey thugturd, it’s unreal but I had a memory pop up on FB today from 7 years ago with you (in your Jets custom turd hoodie), your dad and your brother tailgating with us. Jesus, can’t believe that was 7 years ago. You still in Germany?

Yep. Still here. Honestly feels like more than 7 years ago. How you doing, ya old goat?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yep. Still here. Honestly feels like more than 7 years ago. How you doing, ya old goat?

I had rotator cuff surgery 6 weeks ago. Feels great now, I can finally sleep in bed on my back without having to hug a pillow. So I’m doing good! 

can’t believe they shut down Oktoberfest there. That’s crazy

Just now, BP said:

I had rotator cuff surgery 6 weeks ago. Feels great now, I can finally sleep in bed on my back without having to hug a pillow. So I’m doing good! 

can’t believe they shut down Oktoberfest there. That’s crazy

Damn man, you're gonna have to slow pitch now wink wink

Yep, 2 years running Oktoberfest cancelled. I live in Munich. They estimate $3 billion lost to the city. Guess what that means? Higher taxes! Hello 50%!

• Haha 1