All doubters come out of the closet

Stop inventing sh*t to get outraged over or to pat yourself on the back for....I don't remember anyone trashing Moore all I remember is people saying he was the best WR in the draft at camp.  Some of you need to lay off the hot take shows everything isn't a contest about who's right or wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

and apologize to Elijah "8 Ball" Moore. The dude is going to be a beast and by far my favorite player.

Said several times here and on the pod that the All22 showed Moore getting open consistently.  It was never about his play.  He's been doing his job since day 1.  QB wasn't getting him the ball.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

Stop inventing sh*t to get outraged over or to pat yourself on the back for....I don't remember anyone trashing Moore all I remember is people saying he was the best WR in the draft at camp.  Some of you need to lay off the hot take shows everything isn't a contest about who's right or wrong.

Between here and twitter I can't remember who said what and where they said it, but I know I've seen plenty of "training camp sensation" and "another bust" talk about Moore.

Either way, the dude is a stud.  We should all be thrilled.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Between here and twitter I can't remember who said what and where they said it, but I know I've seen plenty of "training camp sensation" and "another bust" talk about Moore.

Either way, the dude is a stud.  We should all be thrilled.

You can find ridiculous opinions about everything from any side...people like to take the most ridiculous opinions and then pretend they are mainstream or a lot of people have them to make themselves seem smart while arguing with themselves. lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Were there really a lot of people who doubted him?

I thought most people here were really excited about his talent, speed and upside.  If anything, maybe a bit concerned about his size or that it could take a year or so for him to gain some experience, but I don't really remember a lot of people doubting him.

Some of us have been raving about him since draft day. 

Others called him a bust after week 3. 

The usual. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If Zach plays next week you may lose a little  ground on this. But yea, kid can play. 

We'll see.  If anything the OCS sees the star in Moore and are going to adjust to that.  Zach and young QB's everywhere tend to throw a lot to their favorite targets.  We saw that with Davis early in the year, it would not shock me to see Moore get 10 catches this week if Zach plays.

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I thought most people here were really excited about his talent, speed and upside.  If anything, maybe a bit concerned about his size or that it could take a year or so for him to gain some experience, but I don't really remember a lot of people doubting him.

Nah. There were tons of posters on here trashing him as another Joe Douglas failed draft pick. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Carter has some Austin Ekeler in him. Moore reminds me of Brandin Cooks. Both hopefully here for a while.

I trying to come up with a comp for Carter a day or two ago.  Eckler is a very good one. I kept thinking of Ray Rice in my head.  There just aren’t a lot of examples of shorter but strong RBs who don’t rely on pure speed as the main part of their game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Nah. There were tons of posters on here trashing him as another Joe Douglas failed draft pick. 

Interesting. I don’t really remember that but it seems that was the case.

But why would people criticize Moore when there are at least 10 other failed Douglas picks they can criticize? ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I trying to come up with a comp for Carter a day or two ago.  Eckler is a very good one. I kept thinking of Ray Rice in my head.  There just aren’t a lot of examples of shorter but strong RBs who don’t rely on pure speed as the main part of their game.

Reminds me of MJD with his balance after contact 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Universally loved, the camp darling and dont recall a single Moore hater...but cool thread!

I think a bunch of people were upset when, with a disastrous Zach Wilson, he wasn't Antonio Brown by his 3rd game.

• Haha 1