What we learned this weekend

Phillyjet

Seriously what we learned is we need 2 WR's, and 2 TE's via the draft and FA, and we need a STUD RG. Doesn't matter where we get them, but those are the MUST have's for 2022 season. Extend Fant and resign Moses, draft Ekwonu if we can't sign Moses. If we sign both, then get the best RG prospect in the 2nd round, after we use 35 on TE. 

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We knew that..

If anything we learned we need to continue to double down on offense.

We saw the best defense in the NFL get shredded by a good offense.   Building a dominant offense is what we should focus on-  do what you can do bring in quality pass rushers but most of the premium resources should be going toward offense.

We saw KC lose their best defensive player and leader of that defense, yet still win. Even when Bills took advantage of it, KC just out scored them. Need an offense like that period. Everybody knew it was going to Kelce and it simply didn’t matter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

We saw KC lose their best defensive player and leader of that defense, yet still win. Even when Bills took advantage of it, KC just put scored them. Need an offense like that period. Everybody knew it was going to Kelce and it simply didn’t matter. 

How about letting Hill scamper to tie the score at the end?  I would have jumped off a building.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tfine said:

Too many years of failed drafts… got us to where we are today…Pryor over Cooks….Coples over Russell Wilson…Stephen Hill over Alshon Jeffery….Dee Milliner over DeAndre Hopkins… Geno over Kelce, Warford….And on and on…

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Russell Wilson was drafted in the 4th round. 

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

The Jets have such a long way to go to even be competitive, it's crazy.  QB play, defense, playmakers. The gap is wide. Very wide.

It always was, but the play of Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes in the division just widened it even further.  And there is still opportunities for the Patriots if Mac Jones improves, and if the Colts finally get themselves a QB.  It feels like the Super Bowl will be mainly running through those first four cities for the next decade at least. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It always was, but the play of Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes in the division just widened it even further.  And there is still opportunities for the Patriots if Mac Jones improves, and if the Colts finally get themselves a QB.  It feels like the Super Bowl will be mainly running through those first four cities for the next decade at least. 

I think you need to look at those QBs and then look at SF and follow that model.

Maybe zach takes a leap and Moore becomes our Jamar Chase and we can suddenly start putting 45 on people, but I think its smarter to build our offensive and defensive lines and be able to run the ball on these teams while Zach hopefully develops.

Round 1 - LB and Edge

Round 2 - TE and OL

Round 3/4 - TE and RB

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

The Jets have such a long way to go to even be competitive, it's crazy.  QB play, defense, playmakers. The gap is wide. Very wide.

You might want to rethink defense. It was non-existent at the end of the bills game. They let a team, starting from their own 25 with 13 seconds left, get a FG. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

You might want to rethink defense. It was non-existent at the end of the bills game. They let a team, starting from their own 25 with 13 seconds left, get a FG. Amazing.

Everyone and their mother knew the ball was going to Kelce.  Inexcusable.  Leslie Frazier and that unit have some 'splanin' to do.

• Upvote 1

We always get carried away with this stuff after games like this. Last night was one of the better playoff games of all time, it’s not the norm. Just like Rams and Chiefs that everybody went nuts over a few years ago wasn’t. 

Last year the Bucs won with a great pass rush and defense in the Superbowl. I’m not saying that having an elite QB that scores touchdowns in a minute isn’t the foolproof answer in the NFL, but it’s not the only way. The Jets already beat the team the Chiefs earned the right to play against in the AFC Championship with a third string QB… they aren’t light years away

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

All good thoughts.

I learned fried shrimp, a 6 pack, and ice cream is not a good combo.  My wife and 2 boys almost kicked me out of the house.  Quite frankly, I could barely stand the smell.

At my age, that would have exploded out of me where I sat on the equally decrepit Lazy Boy ... 

• Haha 1

I’m also starting to lean much more heavily toward creating a dominant offense.  I’d be interested in the statistics between having a dominant Offense & decent D versus a good offense & good D.  

We have a chance to be a dominant O if:

1. Wilson develops into a top 10 QB 

2. Moore and Carter are as good as some of us believe

3. We draft and hit on WR and IOL in round 1

4. We re-sign Berrios

5. We attract a premium TE in FA and double down in round 3

6. Becton and Fant become quality bookends at the same time

Obviously lots of ‘if’s’ but a tangible 1 year plan is now before our eyes.

Round 2, 4 and FA to shore up D and bring us closer to middle of the pack.

• Upvote 1