Ton Of Talent Left For Day 2 ...

KRL

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point i would think they’d draft a developmental tackle in the 3rd or 4th round, not in the 2nd.  Rb is the obvious question mark since they have little depth, yet rb is not prioritized in this offense.  A trade back in round 2 probably makes too much sense unless they’re enamored with one guy and feel they’d come away with 4 starters right away from the draft before they do anything else.

Personally, I'd love Breece Hall or Walker in round 2, but I doubt that the Jets select a RB that early. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, maury77 said:

If I had to guess, I think the pick in round 2 will be either Raimann, Travis Jones or Nakobe Dean

Not sure Dean will be there.

I'd rather skip DL considering the $ we're spending on JFM, Q, Lawson and even signing Solomon for depth. I Think we can skip it this early in the draft.

Raimann and Brisker would be my top 2 options.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Not sure Dean will be there.

I'd rather skip DL considering the $ we're spending on JFM, Q, Lawson and even signing Solomon for depth. I Think we can skip it this early in the draft.

Raimann and Brisker would be my top 2 options.

Plus the guy we drafted last year (Marshall) will hopefully get a look for more rotational time on DL. I seem to recall he did well last year, albeit on limited playing time. 

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We desperately need an interior defensive lineman.

They've been giving signals all offseason that they like this LB group, lord knows why, maybe because they're stuck with Mosley's contract.

Mathis and Beavers would be great targets but I think they could be had later.  That said, I'd love a trade back.  The strength of the top of the 2nd is redundant to our first 3 picks, 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Mathis and Beavers would be great targets but I think they could be had later.  That said, I'd love a trade back.  The strength of the top of the 2nd is redundant to our first 3 picks, 

Unless they just said f it and went rb, though I’d be surprised if they did.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We desperately need an interior defensive lineman.

They've been giving signals all offseason that they like this LB group, lord knows why, maybe because they're stuck with Mosley's contract.

Feels like Travis Jones, who they coached at the Senior Bowl, could be the kick at 38.  Fills a big need.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Unless they just said f it and went rb, though I’d be surprised if they did.

I really really hope not, especially after trading back in, there is really no reason to take a RB now IMO.  Some really solid guy can be had in 3rd and beyond.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I really really hope not, especially after trading back in, there is really no reason to take a RB now IMO.  Some really solid guy can be had in 3rd and beyond.

I agree and i think that’s how they value rbs.  The question i have now is, the guy they take in round 2, is it someone at a position they expect to start immediately or someone they’d groom?  If they went TE or OT, that’s more of a grooming position.  If they went rb or lb, those guys could start immediately.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

@Augustiniak and @JiFapono, yes I agree that the Jets won't go RB there, but I would still consider it. I think Carter is going to be similar to Bilal Powell and Leon Washington in that they are good players but will tend to get injured if you over use them. Breece Hall would immediately pay dividends to the offense and might even provide a bigger impact than Garrett Wilson in year 1. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

My top 6:

Dean

Jones

Watson

Brisker

Ojabo

Moore

Three of those guys would be double-dip (2 WRs and an edge), 4 are on D (ugh, but ok). Have to imagine that someone jumps up for Willis (Seahawks, Falcons, and Colts, who draft 8/9 (Seattle) 10 (Ind) and 11 (Atl) in the 2nd all make sense). Dean probably goes to Tampa, but there'll be plenty of talent available to choose from. 101 may be a different story

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@Augustiniak and @JiFapono, yes I agree that the Jets won't go RB there, but I would still consider it. I think Carter is going to be similar to Bilal Powell and Leon Washington in that they are good players but will tend to get injured if you over use them. Breece Hall would immediately pay dividends to the offense and might even provide a bigger impact than Garrett Wilson in year 1. 

Possibly, I wouldnt hate it, I'd just be a bit disappointed.  I think Carter is a dude and this system is all about getting the most of out lesser prospects.  It starts up front.  I'd much rather wait for a Dameon Pierce, Tyler Baddie, the Georgia backs, Brian Robinson, etc. 

Even though I absolutely want the Jets to draft a RB and a TE in this draft, I don't want either to be taken in round 2.  There's too much depth at TE in this draft and you can always get good RBs later on (4th round or later feels right.  Though we pick very late in the 3rd so I'm fine with that too).

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's very tempting to double dip at WR or EDGE at 38 but I think we almost have to go LB? And I doubt Dean makes it to 38.

It’s gonna be interesting to see. I don’t think LB is a need when the team runs a base 4-2-5. I think they’re pretty stocked at Edge with Lawson, JJ, Huff, and Martin, with JFM and Thomas available to play inside or out. WR is pretty thick now, too. Safety might’ve been in play, but the guys they might’ve been targeting probably left the board late in the first. I think the last place they can actually add another impact player here would be at RB. A rookie TE would be much less likely to see the field. 

I think I’m with the trade down crowd here, but would be excited by Hall. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s gonna be interesting to see. I don’t think LB is a need when the team runs a base 4-2-5. I think they’re pretty stocked at Edge with Lawson, JJ, Huff, and Martin, with JFM and Thomas available to play inside or out. WR is pretty thick now, too. Safety might’ve been in play, but the guys they might’ve been targeting probably left the board late in the first. I think the last place they can actually add another impact player here would be at RB. A rookie TE would be much less likely to see the field. 

I think I’m with the trade down crowd here, but would be excited by Hall. 

I think LB is a huge need given how much we lean on it in run D. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Dean would be the only guy that really would be filling a hole without double dipping. Trading back from 38 makes the most sense if he's gone.  Theres so many players I've heard they like still available to move back and add some more 3rds and 4ths to fill some depth and they will still get a guy they really like. 

• Upvote 2

Future value is probably higher on Douglas's draft board than any of the available players are. He is really aggressive in his approach to the second day. He's said that in the first three rounds the expectation is starters, but the way he tends to fork the draft into rotation pieces early and lottery tickets late leaves a lot of rounds 2 and 3 in no man's land. This year he was going to trade all the day two picks for Tyreek Hill and fill the same three slots he already filled yesterday, so the chalk at 38 is probably pushing it to 2023. It seems like there's plenty of obvious value meets opportunity, but if he sticks and picks, it's going to have to be for better than he was expecting to be there.

Lotta people are saying WR with the Jets only 2nd round pick. That makes no sense to me just from a roster standpoint. They just signed 2 TEs and will want a FB on the 53. They wil probably draft a TE at some point as well.

Odds are they will carry 5WRs like they did last year. They just took G.Wilson. Now they have 4 WRs with locked down roster spots- Davis, Moore, Wilson, Berrios. They clearly aren't giving up on Mims and just brought back Smith. Unless they decide to carry 6WRs and cut down on players at other positions, it just makes no sense to draft another WR as early as Rd. 2 and pretty much guarantee Mims/Smith getting the axe. Logistically, just doesn't make sense. Someone they really, really like would have to fall to them. Do they love Pickens, Pierce or Watson that much?    

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Lotta people are saying WR with the Jets only 2nd round pick. That makes no sense to me just from a roster standpoint. They just signed 2 TEs and will want a FB on the 53. They wil probably draft a TE at some point as well.

Odds are they will carry 5WRs like they did last year. They just took G.Wilson. Now they have 4 WRs with locked down roster spots- Davis, Moore, Wilson, Berrios. They clearly aren't giving up on Mims and just brought back Smith. Unless they decide to carry 6WRs and cut down on players at other positions, it just makes no sense to draft another WR as early as Rd. 2 and pretty much guarantee Mims/Smith getting the axe. Logistically, just doesn't make sense. Someone they really, really like would have to fall to them. Do they love Pickens, Pierce or Watson that much?    

Wasn't it posted here more than a few times that he is a guy with questionable character concerns? If so, can't see us having any interest.

19 minutes ago, Barton said:

Sorry, but nobody can sell me on taking defense with 3 of the first 4 picks. 

Gotta go offense in rds 2 and 3, IMO. This league is all about the offense. Games are shootouts, for the most part. 

Look at the roster. There are barely any holes on offense. Can use another rb, but besides that what? Ol depth sure, but that’s mid round value. 

Gimme Travis Jones/Winfrey/Muma/Asamoah/S in rds 2 and 3. 

RB/Ol/TE/S for the rest 

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Honestly, they really need one.   Horrible against the run last year.

It was due in part to not having a pass rushing end, and JFM having to play outside. Having Lawson and JJ now allows the Jets to employ JFM, Q, Marshall and Rankins inside exclusively. The D front will be so much better this season. 

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

This

If the Jets stay at #38, I think the pick is most likely an OT like Raimann or an interior DL like Travis Jones.

But I don’t see how anyone could be against a guy like Hall.

A Hall/Carter/Coleman committee behind a fortified OL with options like Moore, Wilson, Davis, Uzomah and Conklin in the passing game is a great situation for your young QB to be in.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barton said:

Sorry, but nobody can sell me on taking defense with 3 of the first 4 picks. 

Gotta go offense in rds 2 and 3, IMO. This league is all about the offense. Games are shootouts, for the most part. 

100%

especially safety which is a so so position and yusef corker/ jt woods will be there in the 5th

we need pickens, mcbride, watson, pierce, breece, tonight. (unless dean is still there)