Are the Jets still the worst team in AFC East?

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I've been reading comments from other fans on twitter saying how great the Jets did in the draft however, they're still gonna finish last in the division.  In my opinion, on paper the Jets roster is just as good as Miami and New England.  What do you think?

I think the gap has closed between the Jets and everyone else in the division.

The only way the Jets can say that they are now better than Miami or New England is to go out and prove it on the field.  Until they prove it on the field, it will have to suffice to say and believe that the gap between the Jets and everyone else has closed.  How much it has closed remains to be seen.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to find out how much Jets have improved as a team. 

IMO...they will be competitive for sure.  How effective coaching is...and game planning for specific opponents...will be an important factor.  And How much Zach Wilson improves with this vastly upgraded offense given to him to run...will perhaps be the biggest factor. 

IMO...ZW is really going to roll with this bunch. 

Breece Hall is an explosive touchdown machine.  Michael Carter is a playmaker too.  Jets added three quality TEs.  Two of them are experienced and productive.  Ruckert could be a featured playmaker by 2023.  Corey Davis will play better this year...due to having the pressure takin off of him to be that #1 WR...which he is not.  You got two other wideouts in Wilson and Moore...that can legitimately compete for #1...or #1a and #1b-.  Berrios is a gadget guy who'll do whatever is asked of him.  Mims...Mims...who the hell knows what's going to show up with him this year.  Hopefully something good.  And the OL...will be much better with the additions of Becton and Tomlinson for sure.

Yes ZW has the horses this year to work with.  He's been diligently working this offseason on his game.  And with his teammates.  Zach will play much better with a balanced and capable supporting cast...way superior to the one that he was handed last year.

Sure...I don't know how much improved and effective this team can be.  They will be better. Way more competitive then last year.  All while still being a very young team.

I'm certainly not fretting over this team's abilities to ball with the competition.  They will win more games then last year.  Be way more fun to watch. 

My suggestion...

Why not just come along...and enjoy the ride!   

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

As I said in another thread, the arms race in the AFC East is hot. Buffalo is still the team to beat. Miami improved. Pats are always competive, even when they lack superstars. What it is. I want to see the Jets simply be competitive in the division. Able to put up a good fight and win a few here and there. That would be enormous progress for this sorry franchise of late. Zach has the talent to be a franchise QB, but he's got to find his way to that. If he does, we're going to start clicking. If not, we'll be bottom dwellers for another few seasons.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s long forgotten, but this Jets team beat the Titans and Bengals, and went down to the wire with Tampa. If they get even above average QB play, they’ve shown that they can move the ball, and if they find a pass rush, the defense might not be historically bad again. All that said, they got absolutely face-****ed in their division games, and two of their four wins were to teams that were laying down for draft picks. 

This is the most positive post I have seen from you in, well, forever.

Did someone hack your account?

• Haha 1

If you take ZW and Mac out of the equation, and just look at talent, I think Jets = NE < Miami < Buf.

NE still has a better Oline/rbs than we do but their D has taken a step back and I think we now have better overall WR/TEs/DL.  I don’t think their draft helped them much.

Unfortunately I do think Mac is still a significantly better qb than ZW, so they probably will have a small edge.   

I’m hoping ZW can thin the divide a bit this year and maybe we can split games with them for once (I dont even remember the last time we were competitive with the Pats)

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

As always at this time of year - "the gap is closing".

And there's a world of difference between a 4-13 last place and an 8-9 last place. I expect us to be a far better team this year, wherever we finish in the standings. This year is a launch pad for the future, rather than the year we arrive.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Pats had a weird draft...

What was up with the 4th Rd. Bailey Zappe pick. Cole Strange in the 1st? Tyquon Thornton in Rd. 2?

New England Patriots Agree GIF by DraftKings

Honestly, I was laughing at Pat fans cheering the Cole Strange pick thinking they don't  have a clue who thos guy is.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, I was laughing at Pat fans cheering the Cole Strange pick thinking they don't  have a clue who thos guy is.
My brother .. an avid Pats fan had this reaction...
"
Some third string lineman, no matter what!

Said no one ever except Bill Belechick last night.
"

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Isn’t there tape of Sean McVay laughing at that pick?

Joe Douglas has bill bellichek in a panic.  Bill is watching Joe own the draft and hes now taking 4th and 5th round picks in the 1st and 2nd round.  Bill is seeing draft ghosts cause of Joe Douglas.

Its beautiful to watch.

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas has bill bellichek in a panic.  Bill is watching Joe own the draft and hes now taking 4th and 5th round picks in the 1st and 2nd round.  Bill is seeing draft ghosts cause of Joe Douglas.

Its beautiful to watch.

Bill is paying too much attention to his own press.  After making the playoffs for the first time in 30 years without Brady he thinks he knows everything now so he has a wierd draft

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I don’t like the dolphins roster.  Tua isn’t good, their O-line sucks, running backs are mediocre.  They have two good WRs so what — they always have good WRs and don’t do S

i also thought they downgraded at head coach

Dark horse to get Garoppolo when the Niners lower the ask.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I don’t know how anxious the 49ers are really to trade Jimmy G.  Lance might end up being a very glorified Brad Smith

It’s a crazy amount of capital invested in Lance, and they need Garopollo’s money to get Deebo and Bosa extended%.

Bills are the best until they prove otherwise.

While Miami has improved (on paper, as we have,) they are now starting with a new coach and new schemes - so they will have that inevitable period of thinking rather than reacting for at least half a season, as the Jets did last year. Their front office is a dumpster fire: it's not known how that might contribute to a circus atmosphere. One can only hope it does ...

The Cheats. Our special pigskin hemorrhoid. I opine that Belicheat is an elite DC, a decent HC, and a lucky SOB for having a HOF QB save his coaching job and career for two decades. His GM skills are average - largely because he seems like he's always trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else. He occasionally hits on contrarian picks, but he is sum total unexceptional. I think they are ready to regress to the mean. Their system scares me more than any one player on their team.

So - this team. We have a very tough schedule - but injuries to other teams always can add unpredictable quirks. We are in year two of the Saleh systems on offense and defense, and deeper as well as better on both sides of the ball. People tend to forget how many starters are returning from injuries: two starting safeties, a couple DL, an OT, etc. We added a pro bowl guard, two very competent TE's, and I won't go into the draft additions.

It will be a dogfight for the 2-4 slots in this division. The other three have largely the same slate of opponents as we do. Let's make their schedules tougher by no longer being the mail-in wins circled on their calendars. 

• Upvote 2