Sorry, Jets fans, the Seahawks won the Jamal Adams trade

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Seattle thinks they won this trade, I'd like to continue making these types of trades with them.

Clearly they don’t.  They told our FO they weren’t accepting a significantly bigger package of picks for DK Metcalf.  Their OL sucks.  Their D is mediocre. Russell Wilson forced his way out and now they are stuck with Geno as their starting qb

45 minutes ago, section314 said:

It will be in a different forum, but I am finishing up my dual posts of how the St. Louis Cardinals won the Keith Hernandez trade, and the Montreal Expos won the Gary Carter trade.?

The hornets also won the Kobe for Divac trade as did the bucks with the Dirk for Robert “The Tractor” traylor trade

• Haha 2

I've never bought into the idea that the team that wins a trade is the one who got the "best player" in the trade.  That's a ridiculously narrow way to look at most trades, especially any that involve draft picks, prospects, and/or salary being taken on by one side or the other.

Some Mets fans are now doing the same with the Cano trade that netted Diaz. Since the two prospects sent in the deal are not panning out, the Mets win because Diaz is a good closer. 

Nope.  Seattle got out from under 5 years and $100 million of Cano's contract and still netted 2 good prospects and 2 useful major leaguers in the deal (one of which they later flipped to the Phillies for 2 more prospects).  At worst, the Mets should have taken Diaz as a sweetener to take on Cano, with no assets (prospects in this case) going out.  Even that is rather bad since the Mets are paying nearly $30 million this year for Diaz alone on the roster.  The Mets badly overpaid for Diaz.

The Jets moved out an unhappy player who wanted a massive contract, money better spent elsewhere by the team, in addition to the picks.

• Upvote 1

I've always respected SEA fanbase, this "article" damages that thought.  It's
sad that this guy had to delude himself into believing the Adams trade was 
good.  He's probably dealing with PTSD from the team dealing away Wilson and
knowing they'll be going nowhere for the next 3-5 years

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Still way overrated.  How is a safety who is mediocre in coverage and doesn’t get picks 3rd best in the entire nfl?

He lead the NFL in 3rd down stops and set the record for sacks by a DB 

are you trying to look like you have no idea what’s going on out there?

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jamal Adams trade was the straw that broke Russell Wilson’s back as it pertained to staying with the Seahawks. They traded for Adams July 2020. Wilson started leaking trade demands over the course of the next few months, culminating in Wilson surreptitiously releasing a list of four teams he’d like to play for in February 2021. 

Jamal Adams ruins franchises.

I can't wait for the Adams to Pats trade!

If Tom Brady leaving didn't do them in to begin with

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And Connor McDermott tied for the NFL lead in TDs caught by an Offensive Tackle.  I don't use that fact to suggest McDermott is a great OT.

Some stats just don't really matter for guys being used out of position with an asymmetric advantage vs the opponent because of a scheme or gimmick.  Those stats are like having super tasty icing on a really crappy cupcake.

Just imagine the position he plays is “defense “

With Bowles he played SS, FS, OLB, CB and nickel. 

what position is that ?

• Haha 2

It is impossible to determine just how good or great a newly drafted player may become. Since we've seen AVT play very well in his rookie season it makes sense to me to project this coming year as better result from him, but they have moved him to right guard even though he has played the position before I would hope he can still raise his playing level. One other thing that may affect AVT is playing alongside Becton once again. Becton is a question mark this coming season due to his long recovery from the injury. Will he live up to the hype? Sure hope so, if he does then both AVT and Becton may become one of the finer duos on the right side.

As far as Garrett Wilson goes he also is a question mark but one with a huge potential to be the ORY or at least to raise the level of play for Zach Wilson. If it were just Garrett then his influence and production on the team would be hampered simply because he could then be doubled on nearly every play. But that scenario goes out the door because you can't double him and leave Moore and the newly improved tight ends to roam the field wide open. 

So for me the bottom line is that the Jets got the much better deal long term than the SeaHawks did. BY the way how they gonna stop the new and refined run game with the 1-2 punch of Michael Carter and Breece Hall both of whom can catch the rock out of the backfield and or just gain big chunks of yardage especially with this O line. 

I know it is more than obvious that I'm a die hard Jets fan with over 60 yrs of being wholly renewed in my hopes for the Jets to finally unleash a superior team to any we have put forth in the last decade.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Just imagine the position he plays is “defense “

With Bowles he played SS, FS, OLB, CB and nickel. 

what position is that ?

Bowles knew exactly how to use him. Nobody else does. He’s the Rubick’s Cube of NFL safeties.,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

You know, it's interesting.  I was laughing inside the entire time I was reading his response.  Sometimes in life, you do everything in your power to convince yourself of something, because many times people don't want to face reality.

Some people are better off not facing reality, because they are mentally unstable, and there is some reality that would put many unstable people "over the edge".  

Here at Jets Nation, we want the mentally unstable to believe whatever they need to believe, to ensure that they can live somewhat normal lives.

I officially endorse what this Seahawks fan believes, because I think it will help him live a normal life.

So, yes, the Jets got taken in the Jamal Adams trade!  I'm sorry, but I can't write what I just wrote with a straight face.  Let me take 3 deep breaths, and say it again.  The Jets got taken in the Jamal Adams trade.

There, you see, now this Seahawks fan can smile and be happy, since a real Jets fan just agreed with him, even though I am lying, and not being truthful.  

Now, I hope Jamal Adams makes the pro bowl again.  Not happening! But, life is full of surprises, and if he does, then the jets will go to the Super Bowl and win it, because if miracles do happen, then they can also happen for the NY Jets.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

One trick pony strikes again.  Why don't you just post this in every thread? Wait, you already do that.  Great draft by the Jets- Yeah, but Wilson sucks.  Jets OL looks improved - yeah but Wilson sucks.  Nice weather for a game today - yeah but Wilson sucks.  You sound like a fun guy to hang around with.  

And yet Wilson actually does suck. no way around that, Bustola.  Prove me wrong,  I'll wait.