I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

I couldn't care less about interceptions in practice.

But if Zach starts throwing pick 6s in the red zone in real games, it's going to be a real problem. It's year 2 in the same system with a full array of weapons. No excuses.

It feels like it's been forever since the Jets had a QB who wasn't an interception machine.

10 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I couldn't care less about interceptions in practice.

But if Zach starts throwing pick 6s in the red zone in real games, it's going to be a real problem. It's year 2 in the same system with a full array of weapons. No excuses.

It feels like it's been forever since the Jets had a QB who wasn't an interception machine.

Only because it has been. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JAFJET said:

I have serious doubts about Zach Wilson but I'm an optimist. I bet the over on whether the Jets win 5 1/2 games this season.

This is why the house edge is so insanely massive on over bets for total W/L futures.

• Upvote 1

Zach definitely looked off today. There was one through to Elijah that Hughes said was an overthrow but it looked more like Moore list the ball. I'd definitely say White and Flacco performed better today. Corey Davis had the catch of the day in the back of thr endzone with a toe tap.

We have rinsed, washed and repeated many times at QB and that makes us ready as fans for that outcome if it happens....... again.

But we are literally nowhere near that point right now so I hope the OP got what he wanted out of this thread,

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Having the ability to “flash” the occasional professional-quality play is the barest of minimum job qualifications to be paid $660,000 (or much more) per annum to play a children’s game.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the job JD is doing.   He rebuilt the roster and has exciting young players just about everywhere except LB and S.  He’s truly building a young, fast, explosive team and if Zach doesn’t work out we’ll have a sick team for Tannehill or Jimmy G to take over.  

I think the pendulum has swing on the FQB.  With wr’s getting $25M there’s a benefit to a mid-market QB with a great team vs a FQB at $40M/yr.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

I’m cautiously optimistic about the job JD is doing.   He rebuilt the roster and has exciting young players just about everywhere except LB and S.  He’s truly building a young, fast, explosive team and if Zach doesn’t work out we’ll have a sick team for Tannehill or Jimmy G to take over.  

I think the pendulum has swing on the FQB.  With wr’s getting $25M there’s a benefit to a mid-market QB with a great team vs a FQB at $40M/yr.   

?

When the last time a team won a SB without a FQB?  Mid market Qb and a top WR and you have yourself a Vikings like team that: can’t win the big one and always out of prime draft position 

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This will be the diseased’s paradise.

Ok SAR.

We should make a drinking game out of how many times you say "disease" and "thank you Joe Douglas, thank you" this year.

Anywhooooo......

Reading this thread makes me glad I missed it live.  What a poopshow.  Week 1 and play that matters can't get here soon enough.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

1998: The young QB with mobility and moxy chosen as the starter by the coaching regime - Glen Foley

After 2 games and an injury to the young incumbent with an 0-2 record, the grizzled veteran QB who’s best days are past him steps in for 14 games, starting 13, leading the 1998 Jets to a 12-2 record under his leadership and a historically team best record of 12-4 and the first ever Jets division championship and a trip to the AFCCG.

that QB was Vincenzo Testaverde.

im rooting for Wilson, but I’m very happy with the insurance policy of SB MVP Joe Flacco  

Did you see flacco play last year? Omg. Dude is not good anymore. Like not at all. White is the back up man

2 hours ago, ncjetman said:

vote this dumbest post of the year - and thats saying something!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why, honestly? Ask yourself this, if any other team used the third overall pick on a QB and that QB didn't only struggle in his 1st season, but put up the worst statistical season of 32 starting QBs in the league, would you think that the prospect of a bust is out of the realm of possibility? Do you know how many rookie QBs that ended up rated last in the league after their 1st season went on to be great QBs? How about average QBs? Answer "Not one.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Why, honestly? Ask yourself this, if any other team used the third overall pick on a QB and that QB didn't only struggle in his 1st season, but put up the worst statistical season of 32 starting QBs in the league, would you think that the prospect of a bust is out of the realm of possibility? Do you know how many rookie QBs that ended up rated last in the league after their 1st season went on to be great QBs? How about average QBs? Answer "Not one.

How many were so bad they did not play as rookies?  

I’ll hang up and take my reply from Sam Darnolds face or your Joe Nameths fur coat account.  

Are you getting paid by the post to drive traffic? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

How many were so bad they did not play as rookies?  

I’ll hang up and take my reply from Sam Darnolds face or your Joe Nameths fur coat account.  

Are you getting paid by the post to drive traffic? 

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You see, this is what's called data, when enough similar data is compiled over a long period of time it's called a trend. A trend allows for reasonable unbiased people to be able to make more accurate predictions on certain outcomes regardless of their own personal wants. I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I was at camp today, qbs definitely took it easy today, they barely threw the ball… they were installing some quick screens on the far side of the 2nd practice field and it was a lot of walk through instruction today and imho they are going to run the ball a ton and dump off a ton….and take advantage of some play action bombs….

I was right stationed behind the o-line practice drills and had a good vantage point of Becton and company, and he still is rounding into game shape, he looked winded still but it will come…. he made it out healthy and that’s all that’s all that matters  right now.  If the o-line can give him time, Zach will be fine….

That is the sense I get with all of the practices, they want to stay healthy right now.  When the pads come on on Monday I think that’s when it will get amped up and these practices will have some real tidbits.

Taking anything from glorified walk throughs right now  is a bit much…

great energy in the camp btw, there is a lot of great energy and optimism from the fans and the organization, good vibes, let’s hope it’s a great summer and we take some steps forward…

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You see, this is what's called data, when enough similar data is compiled over a long period of time it's called a trend. A trend allows for reasonable unbiased people to be able to make more accurate predictions on certain outcomes regardless of their own personal wants. I hope this helps.

Zach as a rookie >> Aaron Rodgers as a rookie.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach as a rookie >> Aaron Rodgers as a rookie.  

True. But the days of sitting on the bench for years as a 1st rounder, no matter the position, seem to be over. Wish it weren't the case to be honest. 

Good or bad practices at this point don't mean to much at least to me.  Real football comes with real contact.  Contact that shakes QB's to the core and is sudden and shocking.  The guys who are elite aren't shocked and focus.  There competitive juices start flowing and they inflict punishment on very good NFL defenses.  

Zach could be incredible in practice and it would mean almost nothing.  Zach is in a nice positive environment.  Skittles and rainbows.  He's built up his body and he did his best friends mom.   He's at peak MOJO right now.   A few bad practices can be shaken off  by tapping a better than average high school math teacher.  

The question is can he perform when he gets punched in the mouth by guys who were taking little Zachy's lunch money in Jr. High?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Data is fact. That said, you keep referring to whatever QB you're dissing as the 3rd pick in the draft. Since Zach was the #2 pick, I guess you are killing Trey Lance?  

• Haha 1