Braden Mann is awful

kevinc855

Just now, Wit said:

This is JD holding onto that horrible 2020 draft class for dear life. Hes gotten better each years hes drafted. He needs to let it go. 

Sorry BS - who cares if a late round pick pans out; he has already cut half the players over him; JD does not seem to work that way.

That being said I preferred the punter who stepped in for Mann, Weatherfood (can't remember his name), and the last 2 kickers over our current kicker. JD has really dropped the ball here, but I really doubt he is trying to protect his 2020 legacy (a disaster) by holding onto our late round pick.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Such a bad punter by stats and the eyeball test. His 20 Yard Punt yesterday cost us 7 points. 

Thank you joe Douglass thank you!!!

youre-awful-youknow-what.gif.707f74244384187cfea8f1f8c4b489d7.gif

Yeah the team is awful.... are we going to start a thread for each individual $****y player or can we just slam our ****s in a drawer.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Such a bad punter by stats and the eyeball test. His 20 Yard Punt yesterday cost us 7 points. 

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Blaming the punter… ????

LOL seriously. 

I said this in another thread but the Jets had Baltimore in a 3rd and long on that drive and could have held them to a FG. But Lamar threw a long TD pass. 

Sure, Braden Mann might suck. That was an awful punt. But we did not lose this game because of him and his terrible punt probably did not even cost us 7 points. Even though it certainly didn't help.   

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

LOL seriously. 

I said this in another thread but the Jets had Baltimore in a 3rd and long on that drive and could have held them to a FG. But Lamar threw a long TD pass. 

Sure, Braden Mann might suck. That was an awful punt. But we did not lose this game because of him and his terrible punt probably did not even cost us 7 points. Even though it certainly didn't help.   

What kind of backwards logic is this? Special teams is part of football and gifting the other team a drive inside the 40 has huge implications on the game. I am baffled by your take.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He seems to pick the worst time and the worst field position when he shanks one. He can be easily replaced and should be replaced soon.

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

What kind of backwards logic is this? Special teams is part of football and gifting the other team a drive inside the 40 has huge implications on the game. I am baffled by your take.

Its simple. If you read what I wrote I simply said that terrible punt was not the reason we lost the game and it was not the reason we gave up 7 points. Yes, special teams are important. But there's a reason QBs get paid top dollar and punters are cut and signed off the scrap heap after a few bad games. Our terrible QB play was the main reason we lost this game, not Braden Mann. No matter how bad that one punt was. 

If your take is that Mann is the reason we gave up those 7 points and Special Teams was a major reason why we lost...

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF 

29 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Its simple. If you read what I wrote I simply said that terrible punt was not the reason we lost the game and it was not the reason we gave up 7 points. Yes, special teams are important. But there's a reason QBs get paid top dollar and punters are cut and signed off the scrap heap after a few bad games. Our terrible QB play was the main reason we lost this game, not Braden Mann. No matter how bad that one punt was. 

If your take is that Mann is the reason we gave up those 7 points and Special Teams was a major reason why we lost...

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF 

There is no one single reason for anything in life. My point is that if Braden Mann kicks a good punt it’s very likely that Baltimore does not score on that drive based on their inability to do anything on offense for the entire game before that point. 

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Should one applaud a 20 yard punt?

Should you expect a player to do his job at an acceptable level or should you just nod like trained seal and be happy?

No, but blaming him for for the loss is dumb, and wanting to cut him because of one bad punt is even dumber.

How would that same logic work if you used it with every other player on this team? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Having a bad punter and bad kicker has massive effects on field position and the scoreboard.

And no surprise, the Ravens had better field position the entire game.

This.

The Jets have to solve the kicking problem if they have any desire to start winning.

They aren’t anywhere close to good enough to overcome lousy kicking…

Mann’s performance on sunday was very bad. Worst I’ve seen in a while. He knows it. It’s his job now to improve. He improved in his first year then, I think, the injury a year ago affected his confidence. He hasn’t progressed since, in fact he’s regressed.

I still don’t understand why he switched his body position. He put himself in a way worse position. Terrible decision by him and/or the coaches.

18 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Having a bad punter and bad kicker has massive effects on field position and the scoreboard.

And no surprise, the Ravens had better field position the entire game.

Failing to convert 3rd downs had more of an impact on field position than the punting (IMHO).

We punted 6 times for a 42.2 average (including the one dreadful 20 yarder). 2 were inside the 20.

I'd still like to know exactly what happened on that bad punt. They changed their line up just before the snap - presumably based on Baltimore's overloading - and it seemed to throw everything off. In hindsight a timeout would have been far better.

• Upvote 1