Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....

SoFlaJets

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 17
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 5

The defense needs to step up and play a good game. They need lots of pressure on Burrow which is doable with the Bengals pedestrian Oline. It also would be nice to generate turnovers for a change ,giving the O some short field situations. 

I don't expect the Flacco magic carpet ride to continue , but if the D keeps them in the game through halftime like in week 1 , there's a possibility to steal a win in this one. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

How this is going to play out.  On Sunday morning we will all still be on a high from last weeks' miracle win and Jets fans will be walking around the parking lot in East Rutherford with puffed out chests. There has been all this talk about what will happen "if" Joe Cool deals out another 300 yard 4 TD game and another unlikely Jets victory celebration. Listen this is the Bengals OK? The AFC Super Bowl representatives  from only 7 months ago, this is a team that no one in the football world ever expected to be 0-2 at this point, and no one in the football world (other than crazy win-starved Jets fans) expect them to start the season 0-3. 

Last week we also saw the way the Refs, (also known as The NFL) can simply and very easily control these games however and whenever they want, for whoever they want and the league wants to win. There is a narrative and a script that is written which hasn't been too Jets-friendly since Rex Ryan brought them to the verge twice in the 2010's (until the script wrote them off for Peyton Manning and the great Steelers franchise) so come on Jets fans don't expect any kind of different treatment from them.

I'm posting this as a cold water slap in the face wake up call to get us all back to reality. Let's Face It Guys, We Already Know....The New York Football Jets have zero chance of winning Sunday ZERO, OK? I know a lot of you guys will be shaking your heads and calling me a Jets hater or whatever but trust me when I say it: this is being done as a service. Could it also be a little bit of reverse psychology sprinkled in here, by saying The Jets Will Lose? Hmmmm... might this just work as a jinx against the jinx...? Hmmm Very Interesting...but schtupid. 

images.jpeg

hot fuzz mustache GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

images.jpeg

Save us a lot of time and frustration by telling us what your crystal ball says about the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Nothing has changed for me from the assessment I had prior to the start of the season.

The Jets are a team on the rise without a QB.

Wilson is a total bust.

If Flacco is efficient. , they can win 8 + games with what they have. 

The only position on the team that is a total liability is the second safety spot.

Even the offensive line is capable if LeFleur plays his cards right.

Also... The refs dont have the deck stacked against the Jets.  The Jets are a disrespected team by fans around the league and deservingly so, but they are not hated.  

And you gather all this QB intel about a QB who hasn’t played how exactly?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

images.jpeg

The Jets have little chance to win on Sunday because teams as talented as the Bengals will find a way to avoid an 0-3 start the overwhelming majority of the time.  Jets are playing for 2-1.  The Bengals are playing for their season.

A Jets win isn't impossible, but I'm expecting a loss.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Save us a lot of time and frustration by telling us what your crystal ball says about the rest of the season.

I can help with that one.  If the Jets QB has a collective QBR in the top third of the league, The Jets will win 8 to 10 games.

Other than the second safety spot, the Jets are very well appointed. 

If the QB performs well, the Jets may very well snatch the last wildcard spot. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The Jets have little chance to win on Sunday because teams as talented as the Bengals will find a way to avoid an 0-3 start the overwhelming majority of the time.  Jets are playing for 2-1.  The Bengals are playing for their season.

A Jets win isn't impossible, but I'm expecting a loss.

The Jets are very talented on offense and they can be effective on defense.  If Flacco plays well, the Jets will win

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you gather all this QB intel about a QB who hasn’t played how exactly?

I assume we are talking about Wilson and not Flacco.

And, we did see Wilson play.  More then enough tape on him as Jets starting QB for me to conclude that he is not, nor will ever be an effective NFL QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

images.jpeg

You have very good points. Honestly, from the Jets/Browns game the BS hold call on Fant cost us 4 points. 2 Illegal downfield calls on runs cost us more points that were the same done by the Browns and not called. The calls in this game would have had the score knotted up at the end of the game without the miracle points we needed to win. That can very well occur to us this Sunday even at home. What is needed by the Jets are simply not to come out flat and lay an egg handing the game to the Bengals. To get this to be prevented many of the Young players as well as the coaching have to prevent what we have seen in the past with these events/games. Saleh brought up handling success especially for a young team and that has t be the focus. Sometimes the young players may be less of the problem in that area than less hungry complacent vets. We need team unity in that front. Again, if we compete as high as we can and lose that is not the same as laying an egg. We know the Bengals have the ability to overcome the issues they are having. And, of course the SB loser hangover seems to always be very real, not to mention their Oline issues. But, it would be a travesty with our Dline to play patty cake with their Oline and let them consistently drive the field allowing multiple scores when they haven't been able to do that to 2 average at best teams in Dallas and Pitt,  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I assume we are talking about Wilson and not Flacco.

And, we did see Wilson play.  More then enough tape on him as Jets starting QB for me to conclude that he is not, nor will ever be an effective NFL QB. 

Simple: last season didn’t exist. Boom, welcome to homerdom.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The defense needs to step up and play a good game. They need lots of pressure on Burrow which is doable with the Bengals pedestrian Oline. It also would be nice to generate turnovers for a change ,giving the O some short field situations. 

I don't expect the Flacco magic carpet ride to continue , but if the D keeps them in the game through halftime like in week 1 , there's a possibility to steal a win in this one. 

One thing is for sure.  If our DL can't do it here it can't do it anywhere.  I would like to see our much talked about DE's do something!  So, what, the consolation with JJ is that he is ok at setting the edge, geesh.  

• Upvote 1