League Worst Defensive DVOA After 3 Weeks (update: now 6th best)

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

No disrespect to football outsiders but the Jets defense is better than 32nd and their offense is worse than 18th. 

Maybe?

But at the end of the day, the offense and ST is responsible for the only win we have and the defense has been awful in two straight games. 

This past game was particularly alarming from a defensive perspective, because we were playing an OL that should have given our DL an opportunity to shine and . . . it didn't. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

At this point, the fans are so beat down we don’t ask for much

Just have some semblance of competence

Saleh can’t oblige…he is the absolute worst ??

his D was 32nd last year too 

He has coached 20 regular season games and has been behind in EVERY GAME! Saleh needs to be fired, unfortunately for us Jets fans even with a Super Bowl winning Head Coach out there who actually WANTS THE JOB, Woody Johnson has no ability to make a big move like this. All he can do is to pick the next Never-been a HC before defensive coordinator, give him the job then skulk over to the corner, close his eyes real tight, kneel down and cross his fingers and hope that maybe this time he made the right choice.and just hope for the best 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No disrespect to football outsiders but the Jets defense is better than 32nd and their offense is worse than 18th. I don't see how this offense can be considered in the neighborhood league average 

The jets are 9th in the league in yards per game, with an injured oline.  If anything the offense with a crap QB in Flacco and injuries has played better than expected.  Are they 'good'?  No not great but at least passable.

The defense has zero excuse for grossly underachieving.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No disrespect to football outsiders but the Jets defense is better than 32nd and their offense is worse than 18th. I don't see how this offense can be considered in the neighborhood league average 

You may be right about the offense but if Football Outsiders included CFL teams into the DVOA rankings I'm confident the Jets would be lower than 32nd on defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

PFF guys were talking about the difficulty of grading Sauce Gardner because the breakdowns in communication and scheme in the Jets secondary are so absurd that it’s hard to pinpoint who to blame, and that goes back to last year, too. 

I’ve yet to see these clowns put a single player in a position to succeed at a consistent level. Wilson had a great game against the Browns because Joe Flacco had a Priest in Caddy Shack round of golf level  performance. This week? Joe got struck by the lightning. I truly feel bad for all these talented kids they have drafted. I do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The jets are 9th in the league in yards per game, with an injured oline.  If anything the offense with a crap QB in Flacco and injuries has played better than expected.  Are they 'good'?  No not great but at least passable.

The defense has zero excuse for grossly underachieving.

My problem with these offensive stats is that they occur in garbage time 

When it's the 4th quarter and the other team is up by 2 or more scores, then the offense comes alive 

It's too little too late 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, sciond said:

Good thing we hired a defensive coach who really makes a difference.

It is not easy to get that ranking

Getting that ranking 2 years in a row is even more difficult, but last year the Jets were #32 on defense, and we have a great shot of being #32 again for the season at this pace.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, Zack was likely was never going to be that good, but if he was? He would have screw him up too. Name a single player this guy has put consistently in a position to succeed? Moore, Sauce, Wilson, Carter, Bryce. These dudes would be killing it on Amy other team. Even the God Damn Giants get more out of them than these clowns,

Steve Martin Idk GIF

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So all the bad teams in the league should have great garbage time stats.  As I said our offense is not great but the D is ridiculously awful for the talent, resources and hot shot coaching.

We're playing a washed up Flacco with 3rd string guys at LT.  Yet somehow Lafleur manages to create something on offense. 

The defense has been awful virtually every single drive since Saleh has been here. I'm not asking this talent on defense to be top 5, but to be the worst every week is a horrible sign for Saleh.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We're playing a washed up Flacco with 3rd string guys at LT.  Yet somehow Lafleur manages to create something on offense. 

The defense has been virtually every single drive since Saleh has been here. I'm not asking this talent on defense to be top 5, but to be the worst every week is a horrible sign for Saleh.

With Fant going down, even more pressure/spotlight on the defense. This is starting to smell like the end of Saleh...

• Upvote 1