The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Didn’t want to draft Wilson, some guy who had 1 good year at BYU, but after drafting him I wanted to give him a fair shot. 

Didnt like what I saw last year, but improved as the season went. 

Wanted to give a fair chance this year.....kept supporting when others wouldn’t. I’ve made up my mind. He aint it. 

I doubt all the hero ball he played in college can be coached out of him to pick his spots and protect the game. You can run around the sandlot playing the competition BYU plays, not in the NFL. When you need his arm to win it he gets too careless and starts making poor throws/ poor decisions. Can’t handle a pass rush. 

Jets are still gonna run him out there the rest of the year of course. But I’ve seen what I needed to see.....go get a vet in the off-season. 

I’d like to point out that what you have said is a very very fair statement. The difference between this and what some others on this site have been yapping about is that it takes time and before today there is no way that you could’ve given Zac the hook in fact even right now it’s a hair on the early side but OK I can see it I can’t argue otherwise

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Anyone who says anything critical of Zach gets a down vote from him, even if he isn't  involved in the discussion.  He blindly defends Zach. Anyone being critical of Zach during the winning streak was doing so because they knew a game like this was coming. He gave me a barf in this one only because he didn't  want to down vote me know that would prove my point but by doing that, he did just that. 

Well it’s just a stupid down vote on a ridiculous website give the guy a break it’s really not a big deal or something to get upset about.

Made horse sh*t decisions and I have never seen a ******* quarterback run around in the pocket that much in my life. What the hell was he looking for? I have been on his side as much as the next person, but even I will have to admit the kid just does not have the goods. Really do not think Saleh will, but White needs to start versus Buffalo.

About to throw up thinking of Wilson against their defense.

• Upvote 1

There really is no way to defend his play or his development by this coaching staff. He worse than any of the other young guys the Jets have tried and failed to develop. He'll continue to get chances to show he can play at this level and maybe he will improve but his instincts are so bad and it doesnt seem that the coaching sinks in because I cant believe any staff would instruct him to do the things he does. 

But the play itself is indefensible at this moment. Imagine if he was a 4th round draft pick in his second year in the NFL. Under no circumstance would he have finished the game today as the starter. The team would most likely just bench him from this point forward. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I’d like to point out that what you have said is a very very fair statement. The difference between this and what some others on this site have been yapping about is that it takes time and before today there is no way that you could’ve given Zac the hook in fact even right now it’s a hair on the early side but OK I can see it I can’t argue otherwise

Well yeah the weeks past we had to run against opponents that played the pass well, and did successfully. I said the time would come where we need Zach to win it with his arm and this is what you get. Looking at the stat sheet you see the 355 yds in the air and the 2tds, but the 3 mind numbing INTs are what lost the game. Watching him play idk if he ever loses the carelessness, and gains the ability to step up in the pocket to throw/run for yards instead of pirouetting into panic mode just flicking the ball up for grabs. 

Also, Zach's presser?  Very agitated.  The first time I've visibly seen him upset by the questioning of his play.  Very angry looking, bad posture, very curt, makes you wonder if that's how he is behind the scenes facing criticism, could lead to the Moore beef. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

Also, Zach's presser?  Very agitated.  The first time I've visibly seen him upset by the questioning of his play.  Very angry looking, bad posture, very curt, makes you wonder if that's how he is behind the scenes facing criticism, could lead to the Moore beef. 

But he's such a nice boy

10 minutes ago, jason423 said:

There really is no way to defend his play or his development by this coaching staff. He worse than any of the other young guys the Jets have tried and failed to develop. He'll continue to get chances to show he can play at this level and maybe he will improve but his instincts are so bad and it doesnt seem that the coaching sinks in because I cant believe any staff would instruct him to do the things he does. 

But the play itself is indefensible at this moment. Imagine if he was a 4th round draft pick in his second year in the NFL. Under no circumstance would he have finished the game today as the starter. The team would most likely just bench him from this point forward. 

Haven't seen you here in a while, welcome back!

I posted a thread saying that Wilson is the worst Jets starting QB in HISTORY, then I went over to the NFL History site and traced every Jets starter since the 1968 season when I started watching them and listed all the stats and players, came back and the thread was gone. The only player after all the research that gives Wilson any competition is perhaps Geno Smith's rookie year bur his numbers were better too but not by much. From Namath-to Woodall, to Todd, to O'Brien to Esiason/O'Donnell/Vinny-Chad-Favre,Sanchez/Geno Fitz there has never been a worse Jets starter ever.

It’s impossible to escape the fact that the D, the O line (even with all the injuries), the running game and the pass receivers (TEs too!) have all taken great strides this year.  The only one who hasn’t is the QB.  If the team FO and coaches really believe in him, the best thing they can do is sit and apprentice him to a vet like the Pack did.  He is not ready and is showing no sign that giving him in game reps will make him ready.  He needs to watch and learn — if he can.

Seen enough. Mental mistakes, an inability to learn from them. Yet to put one complete solid game together. The inconsistency is wild and when Zach is bad, he’s TERRIBLE. Make no mistake we lost Today because of incompetent QB play.

I have seen enough. Zach is not a good NFL QB

Imagine that you bought a concert ticket a few weeks ago for $50. On the day of the concert, you feel sick and it’s raining outside. You know that traffic will be worse because of the rain and that you risk getting sicker by going to the concert. Although it seems as though the current drawbacks outweigh the benefits, why are you still likely to choose to go to the concert?

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

Imagine that you bought a concert ticket a few weeks ago for $50. On the day of the concert, you feel sick and it’s raining outside. You know that traffic will be worse because of the rain and that you risk getting sicker by going to the concert. Although it seems as though the current drawbacks outweigh the benefits, why are you still likely to choose to go to the concert?

I wish concert tickets for 50 bucks

• Haha 2