Giants

JETSY14

here we go again. i was wondering why this...wish we had Daboll thread took so long to post. but you all should know better than claim a 1st year HC is good/great. 

Rex, Mangini, Edwards all went to the playoffs in their 1st year. and Bowles won 10 games. how many SBs did they bring us?

and there rebuild is just starting. lets see if they keep Jones and how good he is without Barkley. 

and Barkley avg 4.4 ypc, Hall 5.8 ypg.

if Barkley got hurt in week 7 and Hall played all year we would be having a different conversation right now. but let me not ruin your ...Giants and Daboll are great and the Jets and Saleh suck thread

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

How does it feel to watch the Giants rebuild their team in just a couple years and they are in the Divisional round of the playoffs?

Meanwhile we have been rebuilding for 10 plus years and have NO playoff mandate for next year. We are technically still rebuilding as we have no plans for a playoff run next season. 

What a joke of a franchise ? 

What an idiotic thread. Get lost

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

here we go again. i was wondering why this...wish we had Daboll thread took so long to post. but you all should know better than claim a 1st year HC is good/great. 

Rex, Mangini, Edwards all went to the playoffs in their 1st year. and Bowles won 10 games. how many SBs did they bring us?

and there rebuild is just starting. lets see if they keep Jones and how good he is without Barkley. 

if Barkley got hurt in week 7 and Hall played all year we would be having a different conversation right now. but let me not ruin your ...Giants and Daboll are great and the Jets and Saleh suck thread

But daboll is great and the jets do suck. What am I missing ? Lol

• Upvote 2

Someone posted in the game thread that the Giants won a SB, became a bottom feeder, and hired a new regime that led them back into the playoffs in the same span that we've had a playoff drought ?

The fact that some folks would be willing to give JD a lifetime contract for one draft is amazing....this is a results oriented business and it shouldn't take 5+ years to get into the playoffs

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Yeah, Daboll's the real deal.  

All I kept thinking today was WTF might Zach look like with a Daboll vice a newbie MLF and a DC HC in Saleh.  Same with what they did to Darnold saddling him with Gase.

If you're going to get a new QB in the draft, hire someone that can help the poor f*ck....especially with the NYJ.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

That’s what great coaching looks like. I hope Woody is pissed off tonight but he probably doesn’t care. He did leave us for 4 years and gave ownership to his dopey brother 

I don't care what anyone says Zach Wilson would not look like he does under the coaching of Daboll!! 

I don't know what Z Wilson would be, but Daniel Jones was considered a borderline bust and now he looks like a top 14 QB!

It is disgraceful what the offense looked like this year, no consistent targets for Moore and the TEs,  and the defense only turned it around because Q was going to rip someone's head off as a result of the overly STUPID play rotation!  It was Q who changed things!  The "coaching" staff was fine and content to continue with the ineptitude!

No, think!! Folks who have no experience are NOT going to be better than those who have done it before!

@greenwave81

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, doitny said:

The difference is Daniel Jones took a step forward this year.  Daboll responsible?  Well, he was there and coaching.

Can't say the same for our situation.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Back home with a night out with my friends. Sitting with a massive migraine as I type this probably from aggravation. Hooters was  packed with Giants fans, and of course the place exploded in jubilation when the game ended. I just sat there simmering in all my hatred and jealousy knowing they have a bright future no matter what happens the rest of the playoffs, while the Jets are at another crossroads with their future with the  QB situation in doubt. There’s been a lot of bickering back and forth on this board with who this QB should be. What most of us agree on is that our QB is not on the roster as of yet. For Gods sake JD give me one of Jackson, Carr, or Jimmy G. 

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Combo of good coaching and bad division and bad NFC. I mean my gawd, if the Giants of all teams reps your conference......there's nothing to be proud of. Nothing.

Come on… what are you talking about?

The NFC East is not a bad division. They were this close to putting all 4 teams in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

How does it feel to watch the Giants rebuild their team in just a couple years and they are in the Divisional round of the playoffs?

Meanwhile we have been rebuilding for 10 plus years and have NO playoff mandate for next year. We are technically still rebuilding as we have no plans for a playoff run next season. 

What a joke of a franchise  
Giants took 4 years .. Jets are on year 2 going into 3

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Daniel Jones being better than Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson from day 1 is the biggest surprise.

He's been better than QB32 for his whole career...  even pre- Daboll

Ya gotta love Zach-aholics arguing Jones is proof all Zach needs is coaching.  Jones rookie year stats blow away anything Wilson has done

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good for the Giants.  I am rooting for them.  If the Jets cant win it, id rather the Giants win it.

Rooting for the giants because I know how Woody thinks.  The better the giants do the more likely it is Woody tries to do something significant at the qb position 

• Thumb Down 1