Simms and Florio: Jets keeping Zach because they are afraid some other team will develop them and they will look bad

Pretty big indictment on Saleh here. They think the boy can play and has talent. Issue is more the Jets and Saleh being incompetent. 

I was watching the Netflix movie with Kevin James as Sean Payton yesterday and kind of agree. Saleh is not qualified to coach an NFL QB. 
So Zack's waterboy is still making excuses for him and pointing the finger at anyone other than the back pedaling, dirt chucking playboy?

Well, there's a shocker.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

Pretty big indictment on Saleh here. They think the boy can play and has talent. Issue is more the Jets and Saleh being incompetent. 

I was watching the Netflix movie with Kevin James as Sean Payton yesterday and kind of agree. Saleh is not qualified to coach an NFL QB. 

Well... If Chris Simms says so... 

If only Saleh would bring Simms in to coach ZW I'm sure ZW would be armed and ready to unseat Brady's GOAT status with room to spare.

Anyone know when Chirs Simms birthday is ??? I want to buy him a muzzle. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

In fairness, they did a pretty good job of keeping it under wraps for as long as possible that Saleh's side job is as a neurosurgeon, as he conducted the lobotomy on Wilson that was responsible for removing every single piece of information about what a quarterback does and football in general.

• Haha 4

There is a documentary that shows Saleh pulling a string attached to Zach’s right arm while the latter is throwing passes in real games.  Clear evidence that Saleh caused Zach to thrown the ball in the dirt or overthrow receivers.

Then later in the documentary Saleh high fives JD while laughing hysterically and patting Mike White on the back.

19 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

That to me is an admission that the coaching staff and ownership suck ass.

Simms being a blowhard who doesn't want to admit he may have been wrong about Zach is far more likely scenario.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

This is more likely true than not.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

That's right and they are likely not wrong .. if you watch the tape and are honest .. yes .. he was atrocious most the time ... But good Zach ... And yest there were glimpses ... Has undeniable raw talent.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no reason for the Jets to not keep Wilson on the roster. He has no trade value. The Jets are on the hook for his salary.  Saleh and the CS did not mishandle his development. He just isn’t an NFL QB. Florid, Simms, and the OP are just wrong. 

He didn’t? Who hired LaFleur and decided to start him before he was ready?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

So you decided saleh is incompetent based on a Netflix movie? He may incompetent but it’s pretty silly to use a movie as a basis one way or another.

As for Florie and simms, I doubt if they’re keeping Zach to prevent another team from developing him. First off if another team thought Zach could easily be developed they’d be offering a pretty high draft pick or trade value.  The better idea is that the jets see some real upside to Wilson and want it for themselves. At least that’s the right answer until the jets finally get their vet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

This whole "The HC has failed to develop the QB" line in general is utter crap and the fact that this idea has traction is beyond stupid.

What these two are saying is clearly fabricated, but that doesn't mean that it isn't true that Saleh and Douglas failed to even come up with a Plan B when their already not so great Plan A abruptly ended. LaFleur was completely miscast and in over his head. He had no mentor to guide him and no real help to offset the things he was unwilling or unable to do. That's on management as much as it is on him directly. And to be clear, that does not excuse Wilson's failures or explain them away. Both the QB and the coaching sucked.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

Ok, I got as far as the Jets don't want another Geno Smith situation.

Oh No Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

Since you are clueless, the opposite must be true