Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

On 3/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

With what was presumably the Jets #2 option signing w/NO, JD has lost leverage in this potential deal. How do you think it plays out from here?

For the sake of the poll, assume the Jets are in fact attempting to trade for Rodgers and haven't already come to agreement.

I think they had at least cursory discussions that pre-dates Carr signing with NO, and already know what the ballpark ask is going to be, as well as knowing GB - like Carr - doesn't and won't have a bunch of suitors upping the price.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wonder if my boss realizes that my productivity goes down by 90% whenever big Jets news is pending.

I’m parked on the other side of campus, away from my employees, “refreshing” JN every 30 seconds! Only another couple of hours and all the students are on spring break!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think they had at least cursory discussions that pre-dates Carr signing with NO, and already know what the ballpark ask is going to be, as well as knowing GB - like Carr - doesn't and won't have a bunch of suitors upping the price.

This right here...no doubt in my mind.  I wouldn't be surprised if whispering was going on prior to the Jets hiring Hackett.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

About to get on a plane. What are the chances we have a QB by the time I land in a couple of hours. Or at least by the time I get home on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thinking zero since trades can't happen until 4pm on 3/15. I mean, they could theoretically have the framework in place, but it wouldn't be official nor binding to either side until it's submitted to the league office next Wednesday afternoon.

I don't think, anyway. Maybe it's happened before and I'm just not remembering, but otherwise what's the point of the league having trade deadline dates. No trades can occur from 4pm 11/1/22 until 4pm 3/15/23, right?

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Based on what sources

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Source: Trust me bro

9 minutes ago, CSNY said:

questions mattel GIFThis one

Was on break and heard that. It was a clip from this morning’s appearance (which I also listened to) based on his opinion of what the Packers would ask for him and what JD would be willing to give up.  Not sourced; just his opinion.

4 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

This right here...no doubt in my mind.  I wouldn't be surprised if whispering was going on prior to the Jets hiring Hackett.

After the trade happens, for all the "omg what if we end up with nobody!" concerns for the prior 1-2 months, in hindsight this is going to look like the worst-kept secret of the 2023 offseason.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Was on break and heard that. It was a clip from this morning’s appearance (which I also listened to) based on his opinion of what the Packers would ask for him and what JD would be willing to give up.  Not sourced; just his opinion.

Jets officials flying to Rodgers today  ?

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s more about the difference between Tanny’s willingness to pay above retail, and JD’s penchant for negotiating. 

• Upvote 2