Flag Plants: Give me 1 bold prediction about this year's team

Doggin94it

Bold predictions?

Oh, not that kind of bold.

Brownlee emerges as a solid contributor each week.  Opposing defenses cannot cover everyone.

Izzy becomes the best 3rd running back in the NFL.  Could start for some other teams.  

JD has one more "major" trade in his back pocket at the trade deadline this year

Lazard is going to be wide open all the time. 80 receptions. 900 yards. 10 TDs.

X and Browlee combine for 60 catches and 600 yards.

Garrett sets multiple Jets WR records.

Or RB room combined for 150+ receptions.

Q unseats Aaron Donald as the top IDL in football. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Caveat: You can't repeat something another poster has already taken. I'll update this post with other people's predictions so you can see what's already taken

Here's mine: Garrett Wilson finishes the season with 120+ receptions. The only guy in the league who did that last year was Justin Jefferson.

@The Crusher: Rodgers wins MVP

@Butterfield: Garrett Wilson - 1500 yards, 12 TDs

@DcatGarrett Wilson: NFL Offensive Player of the Year.  Garrett Wilson #1 NFL WR in most categories. 

(I see a theme emerging 😁)

@Dcat Jets will be top 3 in the NFL for sacks & pressures.

@Trotter: Randall Cobb 5 redzone Td's/Aaron Rodgers 2 rushing td's - one against Denver and one against NE/Mecole Hardman plays a significant role in the ride

@Joe W. NamathUlbrich gets a HC gig in 2024

@JOJOTOWNSELL: Q leads the league in sacks/Jets 1st in the division wire to wire

@KRLLazard will lead the team in average yards per catch (16+)

@RedBeardedSavageMekhi Becton makes the Pro Bowl

@jbtConklin leads the team in touchdowns and 2nd in yards

@DunnieUzomah becomes irrelevant and tradable as Conklin becomes the man at TE and Ruckert ascends.

@GreenFishWill McDonald IV wins defensive rookie of the year. Just beating out Will Anderson Jr.

@ClaymationTony Adams has at least 6 ints, with teams attacking the center of the field.

@Zachtomims47Jermaine Johnson leads the team in sacks. 

@PS17Move over Aaron Donald. Quinnen Williams takes over the mantle of undisputed best interior DL. 12+ sacks and another first team all pro incoming.

@Smashmouth: Zaire Barnes will be a starting LB by mid season

@freestaterFirst superbowl appearance in my lifetime.

@ArsisJets win back to back super bowls.

@LarzRodgers throws for TD #500 in the Black Friday game

@BiggsTake down the Pats twice

@Bobby816MC2 leads the team in INTs

@BigRy56: Saleh coach of the year

@derpHardman ends up second on the team in receptions (still way behind Wilson), sets career highs for receptions and yardage, and contributes at least a couple game changing big plays.

@jgbJets miss out on winning division because Zach is forced into action and is even worse than we saw last year. Jets do make a wildcard

(when even the darkest of darksiders have us in the playoffs 😉)

@BronxRuckert becomes TE #1

@Warfish: Jets beat KC to make the Super Bowl, lose to the Eagles

@EM31Brownlee emerges as a solid contributor each week/Izzy becomes the best 3rd running back in the NFL.  Could start for some other teams/ JD has one more "major" trade in his back pocket at the trade deadline this year

@jetsfan56: Undefeated season, killing at least 2 72 Dolphins

@Sonny Werblin: Undefeated season (he posted this within a minute of the earlier prediction. It can stay)

@Barry McCockinnerJets finish with a top 5 offense in points scored and yards.

@Darnold's ForeheadTop 5 rushing offense.

@playtowinthegame: Division champs

@Integrity28: Lazard 80-900-10/X and Browlee combine for 60 catches and 600 yards/Garrett sets multiple Jets WR records/Our RB room combined for 150+ receptions./Q unseats Aaron Donald as the top IDL in football. 

(150 catches from the RB room is not happening, but I did say bold)

@Beerfish: 5-6 start, 11-6 finish

@Lupz27Izzy emerges as a playmaking threat and has a big role with the offense.

@TokyoJetsFan: JD extended through 2028

Garrett Wilson leads the league in yards with 1750 and 11 tds... 

AR throws for 4500 yards and 50 tds in his FU tour

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Depends on what quantifies as bold.

I think Will McDonald IV could win DROY -- I think he's going to get great pass rush snaps in national/primetime games and will benefit from being on these team.

Counts as bold, but someone else already predicted that

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you think you can't stand them now, just wait, lol......

Besides the AFC East teams, there is no team I want to beat more this year than the Eagles. We've never beaten them and I just have an intense hatred for them. I still think about the Eric Allen pick 6 in 1993 and the Brandon Marshall lateral back in 2015. Thinking about the Eagles makes me sick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

NY Jets get off to a 6-0 start and then scandal hits as Aaron Rodgers is caught sending dick pics banging to a teammates dad mom.

Cmon - someone had to state it.

Fixed it for ya.... If you are going to go out on a limb it might as well be a decent (indecent?) limb

• Haha 1