Anybody else embarrassed to wear their Jets gear in public?

BP

10 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Yeah it’s def not a typical combo for sports fans for sure.  I think they made some good moves over the off-season too.  It seems like they might need a coaching change to get things going again (where have I heard that before?!?), or at least they need to figure out their power play.  It sucks because this time of year, I’d always love tuning into Pens games to escape the joy of being a Jets fan, ha!

Yeah dude, I’ve seen Jets starter jackets on homage.com, and they’re pricy and always sold out!   Nuts!!!

You described the start of hockey season perfectly!  The pens are supposed to be my lower stress joyful sports team experience.

We gotta fix the power play, there’s waaaay too much talent on that power play to stink so much.

I like Sullivan, don’t want to see him fired….however the last 2 times we fired a coach mid season we went on to win the Cup, soooo??

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I stopped buying our ugly gear 20 years ago. I was embarrassed because it looks corny, and I’m a grown man, not because the Jets suck.

I'm a perpetual teenager. All my t-shirts are Jets, Pink Floyd, Breaking Bad references and 80s slasher flicks. Maybe a couple booze/beer tees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm a perpetual teenager. All my t-shirts are Jets, Pink Floyd, Breaking Bad references and 80s slasher flicks. Maybe a couple booze/beer tees. 

I’d hit it.

All my t-shirts are graphic tees, fun stuff, not over the top. I just don’t bother with sports teams. It attracts the wrong kind of convos, in my experience. To each their own though.

I have a couple old Jets tees I lift in. Those are great.

Nope, because I have friends who are Rai(duh) fans (misery loves company and make for great drinking buds), also a colleague of mine (works in another office) is a pats fan, not a bandwagon one either. Oh and there is a Clipper fan who joins us on occasion. So we're The Walking Wounded, Island of Misfit Fans, etc. Ok, more like those mental patients in that movie "The Dream Team". But I still wear my hoodie, and occasionally the hat, 

More than anything, I'll get people saying they respect the loyalty and infinite patience involved with rooting for this team. 

Never... Been wearing my JETS scarf every day here in the Northwest hoping I run into Jamal Adams lol... Only have a week left so it better happen soon. Even ran into a JETS fan on Vancouver Island the other day, who actually admitted to being one also when he saw my scarf.

I’m not, no. Wear my Jets jackets and hats pretty regularly. Had a few folks make comments, mostly I think because Jets fans are rare here, but I just laugh or sigh and say “yup they suck, whatcha gonna do” and everyone has a chuckle. Hell Ders fans down here know our pain themselves.

Still wear it, but it's pretty ragged and old. A decent hoodie to wear to the gym or running  errands is always good. But no way I'm buying any new stuff, and been so for a long time.

And the current jerseys are garbage anyway.

Will never buy any of those. The Namath/Parcells era idea or the 1970s ones they wore Opening Night are all good. But still not buying any new stuff until things turn around for real.