Mike Williams visiting Monday

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No my point is that a 29 year old healing from something isn’t at all different than a 22 year old. They’re both young. You were the one making the point implying that a recovery for Williams would be harder than Hall’s based simply that he’s 7 years younger.

And my point is you’re wrong. 
He’s older and has been playing NFL football while his body and knees have been taking a beating for 7 years.  
Let it go 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And my point is you’re wrong. 
He’s older and has been playing NFL football while his body and knees have been taking a beating for 7 years.  
Let it go 

And I disagree. Which guess what… I’m allowed to do. 

And I’ll choose when to let it go not you

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:
3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You had a hard-on for JSN

I had a hard on for a WR.  JSN only happened to be the one I wanted

I still have a hard on for JSN... 

He showed all the right flashes for a rookie in a stacked wr room who broke his hand in the preseason.

Addison is legit but was the defacto WR1 for a bunch of the year due to injuries and people are comparing the two situations as equal. I hazard to guess he would gave had much different season if he and JSNs situations were flipped.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

And I disagree. Which guess what… I’m allowed to do. 

And I’ll choose when to let it go not you

I figured you would take the hard heat approach.  You’ll go to the wire claiming the same thing.  Which is not an opinion.
 2+2=3 isn’t an opinion, it’s wrong.  22 isn’t the same as 29, it’s wrong.  
I’ll tell you to let it go and argue with someone else.  You’re tiring at this point with this ridiculous take 

its really hard to try to take anyone serious if they are in favor of OBJ joining this team in any capacity, we dont need a has been WR that cant play well on the team especially not in a role we desperately need and will rely upon. As bas a lazrd was at it last year, i rather have him. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I agree Aiyuk is much more appealing right now than a hobbled MW.

But what would the compensation be?

He’s good but in no universe is he worth the #10 overall pick (plus you have to extend him) and the Jets don’t pick again until rd 3.

Aiyuk is a legit low-end WR1.

def not worth the #10 but they could use picks from 2025 or maybe even a defensive player and make Saleh earn his stay

but i would rather they just trade up in this draft and try to get MHJ or Nabers

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

actually if we picked a wr we should have picked jordan addison or zay flowers. JSN would have been the wrong pick. Flowers and Addison are better

If we’re playing the in hindsight game it’s just easier to say the Jets should have drafted Nacua instead of Abinikanda.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm sure the Jets' doctors are going to check the guy out thoroughly.  And as much as we make fun of the Jets' medical staff (myself included in that), I'm guessing we'd be blown away by their qualifications.

18kmofbwz60z.png?auto=webp&s=c7dde67d17e

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I don’t think he was suppose to post this .

Certainly a lot easier relocating to LV than NY. Hoping that having an opportunity to play with Rodgers overrides Minishew & O’Connell, no state income tax & DA opposite you & Raiders with more Cap Space 

Our odds aren’t great.

14 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

If we sign Mike Williams (pure X), Odunze is a redundant talent if he’s the WR that drops to 10. 

If we sign Tyler Boyd (Y), Nabers would be pushed to the X (not ideal but not horrible, as he plays all over), Odunze would slot right in as an ideal X, but BTJ would be redundant. 

OBJ would be cool in that he can play inside or out, which would pair well with whichever WR we potentially draft, and the fact that two of the top-4 are LSU alumni (like OBJ) might bode better for locker room chemistry.

Nabers isn't dropping anywhere near 10. He's gone by 6 at the latest. Recent reporting is that some teams have him as WR1 and most have him at least close to MHJ. If the Cardinals and Chargers stay at 4 and 5, those two WRs probably go back to back. If one of Az/LA trades out (likely LA to Minn) to let a team pick McCarthy ahead of the Giants, the Giants will take the other WR. 

10 hours ago, PS17 said:

Want to feel old? That was 19 years ago. JR is in his 30s by now.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Certainly a lot easier relocating to LV than NY. Hoping that having an opportunity to play with Rodgers overrides Minishew & O’Connell, no state income tax & DA opposite you & Raiders with more Cap Space 

Our odds aren’t great.

The income tax argument is old...you're taxed depending on where you work. You have 8 away games generating income, and how many of them are not taxed?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Nabers isn't dropping anywhere near 10. He's gone by 6 at the latest. Recent reporting is that some teams have him as WR1 and most have him at least close to MHJ. If the Cardinals and Chargers stay at 4 and 5, those two WRs probably go back to back. If one of Az/LA trades out (likely LA to Minn) to let a team pick McCarthy ahead of the Giants, the Giants will take the other WR. 

Want to feel old? That was 19 years ago. JR is in his 30s by now.

That’s what I thought initially also.  

If MIN trades up to 5, and I think they will because they have the need, ammo, and what I believe to be a willing trade partner in LAC (Harbaugh can get a legit RT AND a WR by dropping to 11 and 23).

That leaves Nabers and Odunze to the Giants - who have Darius Slay, Jalin Hyatt, and Wan’Dale Robinson.  I can see them leaning Odunze, or even Bowers (with Walker’s retirement). 

5. JJ

6. Odunze/Bowers

7. Alt

8. Defense

9. Defense

…It’s not an impossible scenario by any means. 

42 minutes ago, RockyM said:

The income tax argument is old...you're taxed depending on where you work. You have 8 away games generating income, and how many of them are not taxed?

Well…. Only Miami in the division. Tennessee & Jacksonville games are away.

Total of 3 games vs. 9 for LV

LV having 8 home and 1 away game (TB) where income not taxed. Figure he gets a 2 yr. $24 mil contract with $10 mil guaranteed. For arguments sake we’ll split it evenly per year for $h!ts & giggles. 🤭 

$705,882 per game x 8 home games = $5,647,058

x 10.75% NJ tax  = $607,058 in state tax

LV benefit:

I’m sure some of the accountants on the board will shred my simplistic assessment of the tax law, but regardless, LV does have an advantage in distance from SD, tax rate, state of the art stadium and a few others I will leave out.

16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well…. Only Miami in the division. Tennessee & Jacksonville games are away.

Total of 3 games vs. 9 for LV

LV having 8 home and 1 away game (TB) where income not taxed. Figure he gets a 2 yr. $24 mil contract with $10 mil guaranteed. For arguments sake we’ll split it evenly per year for $h!ts & giggles. 🤭 

$705,882 per game x 8 home games = $5,647,058

x 10.75% NJ tax  = $607,058 in state tax

LV benefit:

I’m sure some of the accountants on the board will shred my simplistic assessment of the tax law, but regardless, LV does have an advantage in distance from SD, tax rate, state of the art stadium and a few others I will leave out.

There is an easy way to fix this problem to even the playing field and that is all NFL players are labeled as NFL remote employees and all players can file under their home state (they choose to reside wherever they like).