Exposed Badly

I’m not convinced that the team wasn’t flat and unprepared.  Switch coaching staffs and the Jets blow out the 49ers.  They were ready to play, had a plan, executed the plan. 

Rodgers still has great arm talent but he looked slow and shied away from contact.  GW was dominating until he made a mistake and they stopped going to him.   Hall was surprisingly ineffective.  Seemed like he was pressing.  The OL was okay in pass protection.  Pretty good for the Jets.

Lot of correctable stuff.   The DL looked like its taken a step back from last year.  Not much of a pass rush and couldn’t hold containment in the run game.  Surprised they didn’t get that fixed at halftime.  Might be unfixable without Reddick coming in?   I suspect they work something out this week.  JD and Saleh’s jobs might depend on it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Alka said:

Let me add to your post.  The way the defense was exposed, you might as well leave Reddick at home.  His presence on the field would not have mattered tonight.  Let him sit out the entire year.  We need players who could stop the run between the tackles.  That is not Reddick's forte.

No pass rush with no containment.  Hard to believe a guy who played both inside linebacker and can rush off the edge wouldn’t have been much better than what we got tonight.  I disagree.  JD knew what he was doing trading for him.  He just didn’t know how to get him on the field.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, AL047 said:

The Jets defense has been exposed and overrated!!!!

No pressure on the QB!!!
Couldn't stop the running back, who was a backup to McCaffery!!! The WR's were wide open, and the QB picked apart the secondary!!!!

Everyone said this team had the best defense, well they got exposed badly on Monday night!!!!

Teams will look at this game as a diagram to how to beat the Jets defense.

Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jeff Ulbrich should be ashamed of himself.  His defense was pathetic.

Kinlaw was Horrific they ran right down his throat he was non existent as was Mosely We have a great secondary so when it was obvious they were planning to run it down our throats we should have put 8 in the box we instead did nothing and got raped the entire game

• Upvote 1

Really shocking how we got battered and essentially manhandled.   On most plays we wanted no part of their physicality.  On those where we actually engaged it seemed our guy got the worst of it, walked off the field hurt or otherwise not very keen to try again.    I hope they all take a look in the mirror today and remind themselves they are professional football players and this is actually their job.  They should truly be embarrassed about that game last night.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Really shocking how we got battered and essentially manhandled.   On most plays we wanted no part of their physicality.  On those where we actually engaged it seemed our guy got the worst of it, walked off the field hurt or otherwise not very keen to try again.    I hope they all take a look in the mirror today and remind themselves they are professional football players and this is actually their job.  They should truly be embarrassed about that game last night.   
That's what I saw too ... A lot of soft contact and as usual u said our guys getting hammered all over the field and take the worst of it. Getting up slow, getting injured briefly, whatever it was 49ers out muscled and out hustled the Jets big time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Disappointing and quite frankly, alarming performance last night.  Our "awesome" front 7 got manhandled  and bullied. They let an undrafted RB dominate them and  got almost no pressure on Purdy all night. Offensively, I saw an unimaginative game plan. Hackett doesn't seem to have a feel for in game momentum and the playcalling was suspect all game. Our OL was also pretty pedestrian and couldn't spring Breece at all. I wasn't expecting a W but this was a disappointing performance.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Kinlaw was Horrific they ran right down his throat he was non existent as was Mosely We have a great secondary so when it was obvious they were planning to run it down our throats we should have put 8 in the box we instead did nothing and got raped the entire game

I was watching Payton and Eli who had BB on.  It's amazing how much BB loves Mosely.  

10 hours ago, prime21 said:

Niners are the crème of the crop in the NFC the last 5 years. This was a good punch to the gut and wake up call. I expect a different team next week.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly.  Shanahan knows how attack salehs defense.  The jets have had trouble against the run ever since they went to salehs defense.  And this loss is actually a good thing.  They wouldn’t have learned a thing if they won. Maybe it means they get reddick on board.  Maybe it means they get a run stuffer. And maybe the jets defense stops chirping about how good they are and start playing good.

10 hours ago, AL047 said:

The Jets defense has been exposed and overrated!!!!

No pressure on the QB!!!
Couldn't stop the running back, who was a backup to McCaffery!!! The WR's were wide open, and the QB picked apart the secondary!!!!

Everyone said this team had the best defense, well they got exposed badly on Monday night!!!!

Teams will look at this game as a diagram to how to beat the Jets defense.

Agree with just about everything you said but one "Hot take" (from friends who are 49ers fans) - Mason will turn out to be better than CMC.  They've known about this guy for a while.  Let's not make it sound like some scrub stepped in.  That said, the Jets Run D was horrendous.

OMG we are not going 17-0 and blowing teams out by 30. Fire everybody. Trade Wilson, Trade Breece, Trade Q. Let's start the rebuild now !!!!
Where is the tankathon thread.
It started many hours ago.

Agree with just about everything you said but one "Hot take" (from friends who are 49ers fans) - Mason will turn out to be better than CMC.  They've known about this guy for a while.  Let's not make it sound like some scrub stepped in.  That said, the Jets Run D was horrendous.

Not the first time Shanny had taken a no-name RB and won a game with him. It's one of the things he does very well.

• Upvote 1