Jets release Sudfeld with torn ACL; sign TE Steve Maneri

NYJetsVets91

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it stinks for Sudfeld and Pryor was dumb for getting too physical in practice.

BUT Pryor is WAY more important to this team than Sudfeld was.  It's foolish to bash

him, we need him to grow up and show his talents in real games

Certainly I wish him well. We do need Pryor to get more discipline though. Last year training camp costs the Jets their secondary. I never did get an update on Amaro. Hope he stays healthy.

Calvin. Prick. Should have IR'd Sudfeld and fined Calvin. Team needs to get together and have Calvin pay Sudfeld for most of the lost wages ($585K 2015 salary).

I wouldn't be surprised if Sudfield clears waivers and the Jets bring him back on IR for 2015.

Some guys need to put a paper bag over their heads and breathe deeply.  Pryor may be a jerk for the hit, but Sudfield's release has only to do with Mac's evaluation of Sudfield as a player.  If his value were higher, he'd still be around.

I wish Sudfield the best and thank him for his efforts and contribution.  But if Mac feels he can release him and the team is fine, then that is a good sign for the Jets.  Go Mac and Todd.

Agreed, it stinks for Sudfeld and Pryor was dumb for getting too physical in practice.

BUT Pryor is WAY more important to this team than Sudfeld was.  It's foolish to bash

Pryor has not earned the right to slug players during non-contact drills, if such a player even exists. He was an embarrassment last season and this was a dopey thing to do. Don't sugarcoat it.  

Feel bad for Sudfeld.  Freak plays happen, and ACL injuries are usually freak things.

Pryor is your typical overanxious young guy who needs to learn better.  Hopefully this was a lesson for him, and hopefully it doesn't make him more tentative when the games actually begin.

This does not help my image of Pryor. I already think he sucks. Now he sucks and is reckless.

The Jets' drafted another Brandon Meriweather. And that is Pryor's ceiling.

Idziot... SMH

I think its safe to say Rex had a hand in this! Looking for the next Ed Reed/ Troy P.

Why in that picture was Sudfield in with the Defense??

Was it a Hail Mary at the end of the half time? Pace/Harris certainly do not play ST....

Another Rex "master Mind" play? Must have put Sudfield on Mile Wallace! LOL

I think I took it as Sudfeld was coming off the field while the defense was going on..

Another Idziot pick does it again.  :angry:  Why couldn't he have hit Geno, he's less valuable.  What a putz.  Idziot has set this team back years and It will take a few drafts  

to clean his residue.   

What a dumb post. Learn the game of football before posting again.

I think I took it as Sudfeld was coming off the field while the defense was going on..

I don't know about that AFJF? Looks to be standing there. Miami huddling up Jets players standing around as well.

Eh.... doesn't matter now.

I liked Suds ST play but he hasn't shown much as a TE.

I think Davis makes the team as the 3rd TE and Saxton goes to the PS.

We need an in line blocking TE to help Giacomini.... he underwhelms.

Who is Zack Sudfeld & what was he known for?

The only thing I think of when I hear his name is a lame attempt to break up a duck thrown to him in the endzone in Greenbay.

He wasn't ready for that play either.

He is know for... getting hurt.  6 surgeries and 6 seasons at Reno.  He didn't even catch his 3rd pass until his last year.  Missed all of 2011 with a broken leg and then came back and had a monster year.  In 2013, the Pats were touting him and he was taking Gronk's reps because of the back surgery.  He played the first couple of games and got hurt.  I am not exactly sure how you guys determine who you consider injury prone.  It seems very arbitrary.

Thank you for this important info.

Seems simple, but it certainly doesn't seem to be common knowledge around here.

This. Sure Pryor was a little over-aggressive but if people don't think this type of "shove" doesn't happen every day in every training camp you are kidding yourselves. 

If this is the best player that gets injured this off season it will be a great thing.

So true.  Hopefully the team will put Sudfeld on IR once he passes through waivers.  But

let's be real he was going to be in a fight just to make the team.  With Amaro, Davis,

Cumberland and Saxton he wasn't assured of anything

I bet you'll score a 9 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test. A 10 suggests a person is literate. Yea a 9 is your ceiling....that's about right for you.  I got 14 out of 15 on the quick test. I'm a rocket scientist.  You on the other hand are considered a cow's best friend jerking them off for milk. Hey I didn't make this stuff up. Those are the occupational scales.

I bet you'll score a 9 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test. A 10 suggests a person is literate. Yea a 9 is your ceiling....that's about right for you.  I got 14 out of 15 on the quick test. I'm a rocket scientist.  You on the other hand are considered a cow's best friend jerking them off for milk. Hey I didn't make this stuff up. Those are the occupational scales.

Put each other on ignore if you have to.

Archived