Baker Mayfield follows Jamal Adams on instagram after meeting with Jets

Jetsbb

This gives credence to Brian Costello's report that Jets want to team up Mayfield with Jamal Adams as leaders of the offense and defense. Offseason program doesn't start until next week so why would he suddenly follow Jamal right after meeting with Jets? Could the Jets have set up a meeting to see how their future leaders interact?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

This gives credence to Brian Costello's report that Jets want to team up Mayfield with Jamal Adams as leaders of the offense and defense. Offseason program doesn't start until next week so why would he suddenly follow Jamal right after meeting with Jets? Could the Jets have set up a meeting to see how their future leaders interact?

Who the heck knows?

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

F*cking awesome!!! This is all just nonsense trying to claim Mayfield is coming to NY and nobody truly knows that. But my hope is Mac realizes Baker Mayfield is the BEST QB in this draft? I've studied all of these guys and I can see why so many think Rosen is the most pro ready. But for me after reading up and understanding what he did at the combine, Mayfield is the guy for me.

What does this mean? Can’t figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Hateboner some folks have for Adams is funny.  Wait, no, not funny, sad.  That's it, sad.

I didn't want a Safety in the first round last year either, but it is what it is. 

Kid played pretty well for a rookie, and he's proud and outspokenly Pro-Jets on social media.

So.....given reality of today, whats the problem?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Hateboner some folks have for Adams is funny.  Wait, no, not funny, sad.  That's it, sad.

I didn't want a Safety in the first round last year either, but it is what it is. 

Kid played pretty well for a rookie, and he's proud and outspokenly Pro-Jets on social media.

I don’t get it either 

Seems like all of the hate stems from him not being an all-pro player in Year 1.

Hell, a guy like Polamalu didn’t start a single game his rookie season. He turned out alright...

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t get it either 

Seems like all of the hate stems from him not being an all-pro player in Year 1.

Hell, a guy like Polamalu didn’t start a single game his rookie season. He turned out alright...

That and the spot he was picked in. Adams is my favorite jet by far though. The hate is ugly.

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If pretty well is the target for the overall sixth pick we must be just drafting for a heartbeat by the third round. 

Kid had an ok first season if we ignore draft spot. Him putting himself constantly in front of us with statements of grandeur makes it harder to ignore that draft spot. 

I apologize but I prefer a play first talk later players. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Does make me wonder if the Jets suggested to Mayfield that he check out Adams' Instagram. Like, hey, we like our guys to be outspoken characters, take a look at this... 

if you are trying to market the jets to potential players, jamal adams is probably that guy, moreso than williams, who seems more of a throwback DE who does his job and leads by example.  

it's not as if the jets are necessarily leaking that they want mayfield, this chatter is by people who are predicting it.  and i agree, i think the jets are getting mayfield even if rosen is available - and THAT's what's going to be the controversial thing about the pick.  

Archived