OBJ not happy...again

prime21

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

The Giants are a mess and they signed up for this for years. They are going no where fast

Dumped all their $$$$$ into a disgruntled WR and used a #2 Draft pick on a RB.  Starting next year (or now) they'll have nobody to get the ball to these guys.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Dumped all their $$$$$ into a disgruntled WR and used a #2 Draft pick on a RB.  Starting next year (or now) they'll have nobody to get the ball to these guys.

See, there are plenty of idiot GMs in this league. I by no means give Mac a pass and I want him gone but there are plenty of bad coaches/GMs in this league and you have to keep trying to hit on some good ones just like with draft picks.

3 years in ample for any regime to see how they grow and if they can fix/learn from their mistakes and then you have to make a decision. I also think less than 3 years is a bad look and does more harm than good unless it’s a complete disaster and in that case, you get a pass from the rest of the league when they ultimately judge you.

Our regime got an extra year because of the built in excuse of not getting a full rebuild right off the bat(I personally think that this is a gigantic load of horse crap). 

It is time to move on and try to get lucky by at least getting a good drafter and an offensive minded coach. I am a firm believer of sticking with a good coach/GM long term once you find them but you have to keep searching/trying until you do. 

7 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Was there really nobody in the Giants' camp to tell OBJ that doing an interview, with only Lil Wayne at your side, largely criticizing your coaching staff and QB is probably not a good look? Dude has all-time great talent, but is his own worst enemy. 

Too bad tomorrow is a holiday otherwise Fatcessa would be radio gold having a meltdown over the giants 

I can’t help but like OBJ for some reason- even the hair. He’s a smart guy but is just vastly immature but he’s been touched by the hand of God talent wise and is mesmerizing on the field.

this interview will rock the boat but honestly obj will prob pick the next coach of the NYG - he’s tied to the team longer than the GM, HC and QB. He’s going to LeBron that up and pick everyone 

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Barkley may not have been the smartest pick but kid is an absolute stud already 

1- Keeping Eli when the prior coach (offensive minded) made it clear that he wasn't the answer anymore

2- Passing on Darnold/Rosen/Allen

3- Drafting a RB at #2 overall when the team already had Odell/Engram/Sheppard and could have signed guys like Crowell/Hyde for pennies on the dollar. 

4- Signing Solder to a huge deal when he is just an OK Left Tackle

5- Giving Odell a mega-deal because he "behaved" for a few weeks in the OFF-SEASON

6- Spending all that money to win now and putting the team in an awful cap situation for next year. Only the Vikings/Saints/Eagles/Jags, 4 playoff teams from last year have a worse cap situation heading into 2018

Gettleman is old and Shurmur was desperate to prove he isn't a failure as a HC after his stint with the Browns. 

9 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Barkley may not have been the smartest pick but kid is an absolute stud already 

Barkley is going to be really good, he had not been really good so far. He's shown flashes but he's mostly been a dumpoff option to pad stats.  Outside of the one run week one his up is under 4, outside of the trick play from Beckham yesterday his yds per rec is very low.  

Again, he will be a big time player but so far he hasn't done much.

Archived