Defensive Coordinator

BCJet

One of the big issues Gase had in Miami was a terrible Defensive Coordinator.  Who could be a fit here - guys with former ties to Gase in Denver or Chicago maybe?

I hope he is smart enough to keep Boyer and also that this process humbled him enough to bring in a more innovative OC/QB coach (mccown) to add some wrinkles to the offense  

Thoughts on the staff possibilities?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I love the Gase hire but I'd be really low on this if it were to happen

Miami Dolphins

Joseph was announced as the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for the 2016 season under head coach Adam Gase. Joseph oversaw a defense that played a key role in the Dolphins returning to the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons. Despite having to use 13 different starting lineups due to injury, Joseph’s defense ranked fourth in the NFL on third downs (36.2%) while forcing the sixth-most negative plays (107) in the league.[1] The Dolphins won nine of their final 11 regular-season games in 2016 with Joseph’s defense accounting for the fourth-most takeaways (21) in the NFL during that stretch.

Gase and Joseph went 10-6 and made the playoffs when they were together. Excited to see what they can come up with. I was down on the idea of Joseph at first but i actually really like it now. Having a DC who's got HC experience should help the locker room and the morale. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

His coaching staff was a HUGE issue in Miami. We need to go grab a good DC immediately. If we land somebody like Greg Williams then that is a big sign of growth for Gase.

Gasy only hires yes men and his friends.  He was setting on the bench during the Phins vs Vikings and he was doing nothing.  There is a video clip of him pretending to write lol.  This guy has never had a top 20 offense.  You can’t count the time in Denver, that was all Manning. Gasy was Manning’s coffee boy in Denver. 

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I sure dont understand the infatuation with Greg Williams, but i wonder if there is someone like Kris Richard that we could lure away, give associate HC title or something.

"Hard Knocks" showed him to be a zero BS hard-charging SOB, and he did a fine job over the course of the season. And he's had a long and solid career. 

4 minutes ago, Dolphins81 said:

Gasy had full control over who the coaches were in Miami and the final say on players.  Just think about that.  Good luck, but he is a weak coach.  He should have gone to coach powderpuff 

You should go right ahead and eff off. Why don't you concentrate on getting that terrible stadium filled to more than 25% of its capacity. And half of that is other teams fans. Your team is literally named after the most feminine animal in the sea. Might as well be named the Miami Tampons.

4 minutes ago, Dolphins81 said:

Gasy had full control over who the coaches were in Miami and the final say on players.  Just think about that.  Good luck, but he is a weak coach.  He should have gone to coach powderpuff 

Tannehill Blows

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Can't hire rhule, he cannot attract good assistants.

The problem with miami under gase.  "He did not hire good assistants"

We don't know ANYTHING about Rhule's assistance, only that he didn't want Mac's dick in his pocket deciding who he was going to strapped to. 

Archived