Cliff notes so far:

he hates the media

he hates answering questions

he hates free agency

he hates agents

he hates the draft process

he hates dealing with the front office

He LOVES Darnold

so i guess he hates being photographed during the draft process too...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cliff notes so far:

he hates the media

he hates free agency

he hates agents

He LOVES Darnold

Gase is misunderstood, by hate he means loves less.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cliff notes so far:

he hates the media

he hates free agency

he hates agents

He LOVES Darnold

Are you sure this isn't a press conference with He Hate Me?

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would you have to tell someone you will show up to something mandatory??

Im no scholar but doesnt everyone have to be there hence its “mandatory”?

He didn’t show in Pittsburgh. Touching base all is good 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Homers gonna homer and be butthurt not everyone slobs the new guys knob with them before Gase has actually done anything?

Equally shocking.

I agree, both are indeed equally shocking 

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Homers gonna homer and be butthurt not everyone slobs the new guys knob with them before Gase has actually done anything?

Equally shocking.

Yup not allowed to like a coaches approach until he’s 65 and has three Lombardis. 

• WTF? 1

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll own it too.  I don't.  At all.  

And I don't think he's going to succeed here.

Hope I'm wrong, and we win.  But I doubt I'll ever warm to Gase as a person tbqh.

That's fine you're not inviting him to a family BBQ, he's going to be coaching a NFL team you root for.

I didn't mind the Gase signing, but the more people hate him, the easier he is to root for. What has he done wrong exactly, told the blood thirsty scavengers that we call the media to go F themselves? Good, long overdue.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why is this even a question or an issue? The dude just signed a massive contract. Why wouldn't he be here? And for the record, I'm with Gase. If people aren't happy with players not showing up for voluntary workouts, that's on the NFLPA. Why should anyone work for free? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

That's fine you're not inviting him to a family BBQ, he's going to be coaching a NFL team you root for.

I didn't mind the Gase signing, but the more people hate him, the easier he is to root for. What has he done wrong exactly, told the blood thirsty scavengers that we call the media to go F themselves? Good, long overdue.

From a head coaching perspective, what has Gase done for you to be so supportive?  Do you approve of him simply because he's the head coach of the Jets?  

The guy has had an interesting last few months to say the least.  He got fired from his role as HC.  He had an insane introductory press conference.  

I think it's fair for the jury to be out on him.  He hasn't done anything to prove to me that he's going to be successful.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

From a head coaching perspective, what has Gase done for you to be so supportive?  Do you approve of him simply because he's the head coach of the Jets?  

The guy has had an interesting last few months to say the least.  He got fired from his role as HC.  He had an insane introductory press conference.  

I think it's fair for the jury to be out on him.  He hasn't done anything to prove to me that he's going to be successful.  

lol he hasn't done anything period, with this team. We can't just enjoy the way the guy goes about handling the media and talks about our favorite team? Everyone just take a step back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

37 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

If course the jury is still out on him. They haven’t played any games. Why don’t we judge him on results once the season starts?  Nothing else really matters. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll own it too.  I don't.  At all.  

And I don't think he's going to succeed here.

Hope I'm wrong, and we win.  But I doubt I'll ever warm to Gase as a person tbqh.

who was the last coach you were excited about (at the time of their hire)?