Joe Douglas is the guy

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I like the idea of an OL running a team that needs help on the OL

I like the idea of grabbing the best guy out there whom everyone in the league would sign off on. I like the idea of grabbing a guy with a tooon of league connections, a set of solid scouts and a very talented evaluator. 

This is the opposite of Maccagnan in some ways. MM came out of left field, we were like, who the hell is this guy? Texans staff? Hmm...

Joe Douglas though? Everyone knows him, talks exceedingly well about him and seems like he’s destined for success in a front office.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

I wrote this in another thread...this is not very inspiring.  (I did not include 2019 because no one knows how 2019 picks will pan out)

Eagles 2017 NFL draft picks 
  • Derek Barnett: DE, Tennessee, 6-foot-3, 259 pounds.
  • Sidney Jones: CB, Washington, 6-0, 186.
  • Rasul Douglas: CB, West Virginia, 6-2, 209.
  • Mack Hollins: WR, North Carolina, 6-4, 221.
  • Donnel Pumphrey: RB, San Diego State, 5-8, 176.
  • Shelton Gibson: WR, West Virginia, 5-11, 191.
  • Nate Gerry: LB, Nebraska, 6-2, 218.

Eagles' 2018 NFL draft class

• Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State. (Round 2, 49th overall) ...
  • Avonte Maddox, CB, Pitt. (Round 4, 125th overall) ...
  • Josh Sweat, DE, Florida State. (Round 4, 130th overall) ...
  • Matt Pryor, OT, TCU. (Round 6, 206th overall) ...
  • Jordan Mailata, OT, Australia. ...
  • Jeremy Reaves, DB, South Alabama. ...
  • Josh Adams, RB, Notre Dame.

Jeremiah would be a good addition, but I could see him being picky and wanting big money.

He's a big name, and surely already very well paid, so he can afford to wait for the right job at the right money.

No certainty that he joins the Jets - or any other team - over staying on TV, I think.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Jeremiah would be a good addition, but I could see him being picky and wanting big money.

He's a big name, and surely already very well paid, so he can afford to wait for the right job at the right money.

No certainty that he joins the Jets - or any other team - over staying on TV, I think.

You can never be wrong on TV. Zero pressure or accountability. Would have to be a perfect opportunity.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Mike Maccagnan wasn’t getting fired and anyone who thought otherwise was a Jets-hating troll. And remember when Adam Gase was dragging the 4-12 Jets into the abyss for firing Mike Maccagnan? 

Ah yes, tis was the year of our Lord 2019 and Larz was still alive.

One thing to keep in mind...Tony Pauline saying this not done deal and Eagles trying hard to keep him. Only reason I bring this  up is that Tony nailed the whole Macc thing, and had it way before anyone. Just food for thought. Maybe he has sources who are actually real.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

This can't be true, I was told the season was over once a 24-40 GM was shown the door

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By who?

I don't think anyone actually said anything like that.

It was more of the world is over.  Just when we were looking good this happens and we are the laughingstock to the NFL.

And nore importantly, back to being in worse shape than the Giants.  Lol

Coleman @ 2/$10M vs. Bell @ 4/$54M?  I get that Bell is the better player, but as a coach, it is probably much nicer not to have a guy making that much money around.  Bell becomes a de facto team leader on the basis of contract alone.  He is too important and costs too much dead money to dump.  That makes for a much more difficult dynamic with the coach. 

11 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Until there's a press conference, I won't believe it - McCarthy and Matt Rhule were done deals in the media as well. They could still have a press conference and the GM could be relieved before the season. 

Either way, I believe he would be a great hire imo.

McCarthy, Rhule, Barr. It's been quite an offseason.

• Upvote 1