If you care about PFF grades ...

BroadwayRay

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Forgot to add that our wideouts played miserably, also. Q and Robby ranked #74 and #84 among all league receivers, respectively. Crowder was #18.

You saw much more than I did I think, so you’re saying and I pretty much know this is a rhetorical question, the Jet receivers virtually NEVER got ANY separation yesterday?

If that is the case...Receivers get NO separation PLUS a putrid Jet Oline can not Block, then ie ergo it would be kind of “jumping the gun” to make the assertion that “Darnold sucks”.

With the ongoing further amounts of evidence substantiated, I am hopeful, I don’t predict this will come to pass, that Adam Gase is hamstrung by a lack of quality personnel and therefore can not run any kind of “Attack Offense” at this time, and hopefully Gase will not be this ultra conservative play caller that he has been accused of in Miami and now some think that it’s a given he will be in NY.  Peyton Manning swears he’s brilliant as does Nick Saban.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You saw much more than I did I think, so you’re saying and I pretty much know this is a rhetorical question, the Jet receivers virtually NEVER got ANY separation yesterday?

If that is the case...Receivers get NO separation PLUS a putrid Jet Oline can not Block, then ie ergo it would be kind of “jumping the gun” to make the assertion that “Darnold sucks”.

With the ongoing further amounts of evidence substantiated, I am hopeful, I don’t predict this will come to pass, that Adam Gase is hamstrung by a lack of quality personnel and therefore can not run any kind of “Attack Offense” at this time, and hopefully Gase will not be this ultra conservative play caller that he has been accused of in Miami and now some think that it’s a given he will be in NY.  Peyton Manning swears he’s brilliant as does Nick Saban.

The GamePass coach’s view wasn’t yet available, so I wasnt able to look at receiver separation. But Gase seemed to imply this was an issue in his press conference today. 

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The GamePass coach’s view wasn’t yet available, so I wasnt able to look at receiver separation. But Gase seemed to imply this was an issue in his press conference today. 

Ok thanks.

I’m just assuming they got no separation and the reason why is that it appears that after the light went on for Darnold, end of last year, he was very quick with his release when a receiver was open, even, and this was beautiful to see, “throwing receivers” open and “creating” when a play went “off schedule” and with this Jets OL LOTS of plays went off schedule haha, and they will continue to do so in the future, until hopefully Douglas is able to fix the OL.

1 hour ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Darnold had four shots to hit Anderson in this game. If he connected on any of those it’s the difference between a great game from Darnold and a win, and a bad game from Darnold and a loss. 

People want to just give all the blame to Sam and forgive the defense when Robbie stunbled on a route, didnt catch a ball that hit his hands, and missed a very catchable ball he was also interfered on. Whatever. Sam was NOT the issue Sunday. The OL was maybe as bad as I have seen in a Jets game in a VERY long time. That was the issue. And no one is mentioning the idiot refs stifling every drive with flag after flag.

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

They got beat up by Oliver and Co. Winters is awful and idk how he still starts on this team. 

For whatever reason, he's a fan favorite...even though he has NEVER been anything better than meh and has mostly been a penalty machine, turnstile and ragdoll.

• Upvote 1

I am interested in how quick a hook the staff is going to have with the offensive line. Unlike most years, the Jets have some depth on the OL this year. How soon are we going to see Harrison and Edoga get reps? It always felt like Bowles would ride with the vets no matter how bad they were playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I am interested in how quick a hook the staff is going to have with the offensive line. Unlike most years, the Jets have some depth on the OL this year. How soon are we going to see Harrison and Edoga get reps? It always felt like Bowles would ride with the vets no matter how bad they were playing.

I doubt Kalil ever gets benched.  Douglas would be admitting he screwed both that and the kicker position 

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I doubt Kalil ever gets benched.  Douglas would be admitting he screwed both that and the kicker position 

I would argue that it would be a major positive for this team going forward if Douglas did admit his mistakes and move on. For way too long we've tried to mea culpa every bad decision. Douglas started to change  that by getting rid of bad draft picks, he could do the same here.

16 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m pretty ******* pissed at Maccagnan today. He sabotaged us with his mismanagement of the offensive line.

There’s no way to fix it now and the season is ruined. I’m of course still watching every play of every game, hoping for 6 wins, but man this sucks. As a professional General Manager, how could he do this? Not leave us with ONE single good offensive linemen? ****head 

Former professional general manager...

6 wins sounds about right or 7. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Now let me ask you... How do you think the Jets are talking among themselves about how Darnold looked yesterday? Back foot throws, inaccurate, coming up long or short on anything down the field? Then finally with a chance to atone for everything, geeting the ball with 3 minutes to go, 2 TOs, and looking completely inept?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they're saying exactly none of those things. If they're talking about Darnold at all, it's probably more in the context of how little the OL and WRs did to help him. He wasn't dinking and dunking by design, or because he can't throw deeper, he was doing it because he was getting mugged back there while his receivers got no separation at all. 

Have to hope the OL somehow manages to gel and improve, otherwise there really is no hope. 

Personally, I do not care about PFF Grades.  I care about my offense scoring points.  I care about our production.  And most of all, I care about wins.

This was an exceptionally winnable game if our offense does literally anything in terms of production.  It didn't, it barely scored as many points as our Defense, a unit I think we all agree is not great.

If you want to believe Darnold was a top 11 NFL Starting QB on Sunday, have at it.  I didn't see that at all.  I saw a QB with happy feet, an inability to handle pressure, who never rolled out of the pocket, held the ball too long, and couldn't connect on anything longer than short-range.

I, for one, could care less if he's ranked 31st by PFF, but scored points and win games.

• Upvote 1

I want to be optimistic that the OL will improve over the next couple games as Kalil shakes off the cobwebs and gets reps with the rest of the line--but I don't know if that is the case or he is going to phone it in all season to collect one last year of NFL salary. 

I would like to see somebody else replace Winters in the very near future. 

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I want to be optimistic that the OL will improve over the next couple games as Kalil shakes off the cobwebs and gets reps with the rest of the line--but I don't know if that is the case or he is going to phone it in all season to collect one last year of NFL salary. 

I would like to see somebody else replace Winters in the very near future. 

This was the first game this group every played together, most weren't even available throughout training camp.  This OL and this O will be fine, it's just going to take a little time.

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

I’d throw Alex Lewis’ name into the mix as well.

Guy started multiple games at multiple different positions for the Ravens and played fairly well. His problem has always been injuries. And clearly Douglas likes him if he was willing to give up a draft pick when the Ravens were on the verge of releasing him.

I’ve had issues with Winters for years now. He was laughably bad on Sunday along with Kalil.

Both Kalil and Winters should be on extremely short leashes. Especially since we have two younger dudes behind them who have proven capable in the past.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I thought Darnold played fine - unspectacular but fine. Obviously I wish he would've put together a drive to close the game, but I don't think we're giving the Bills defense enough credit. The Bears made Rodgers look bad at times too... the Bills are not far off in terms of overall defense.

This game falls on the defensive collapse - totally unacceptable.

18 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Darnold was the 11th highest ranked QB (68.7). Among those ranking lower were Cousins (67.1), Rivers (65.3), Mayfield (64.9) and Rodgers (53.4). Josh Allen was 25th (52.3).

LeVeon Bell was the #4 RB - 78.9

CJ Mosley #9 LB - 81.0

Our OL ... in case you weren't aware, they're horrible. Winters was dead last among all NFL guards, at #59, with a grade of 44.2. Kalil was 6th worst in the NFL among centers, with a grade of 52. Osemele was just as bad at 55. Beachum and Shell amazingly scored average grades in the 60s.

And just to add, I rewatched every offensive snap and the offensive line truly did perform miserably. It seemed like at least one Bills defender had a clear path to Darnold on just about every drop back. We all saw how Oliver tossed Winters aside like a rag doll on one play. In a lot of cases, it was just screwed up blocking assignments, For example, one one play, Winters and Shell double teamed a defensive lineman, while Shell allowed a blitzing linebacker to scoot right past his right shoulder and right into Darnold. This type of thing happened repeatedly.

Hey this is great, thanks for posting this.  Do you do this every week by chance?

Just now, BigRy56 said:

I thought Darnold played fine - unspectacular but fine. Obviously I wish he would've put together a drive to close the game, but I don't think we're giving the Bills defense enough credit. The Bears made Rodgers look inept at times too... the Bills are not far off in terms of overall defense.

This game falls on the defensive collapse - totally unacceptable.

he did everything but make the one big play to win it.  protected the ball, got the ball out quickly, improved pass completion % - all things he was criticized for not doing last year.  so the improvement over last year's overall play is good.  tough matchup week 1 when your o-line is in such a state of flux.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

Adam gase deserves an F for his play calling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

It has been said before but I was shocked they didn't roll Sam out. Was also shocked there wasn't a screen. With all the pressure that was coming right up the middle I was hoping for one of those inside screens (Powell's favorite play the last few years).

• Upvote 3

Did any of you watch the replays of this game? I just did & it was a f*cking jail break out there. If they weren't crashing through the turnstiles of Kalil & Winters, a CB was UNTOUCHED coming from the edge! There was 1 play where Oliver wasn't even blocked, he just went straight through & Sam had to instantly eject the pocket. 

The only games that Tom Brady has ever lost he was under pressure. Constant pressure like Darnold was under Sunday wears on the QB as the game progresses. Face it, the Bills D got in his head. Number 1 he was trying to not make a mistake & 2 he rushed his throws without setting his feet, but while you guys are all killing him Deshaun Watson is throwing balls up for grabs & Hopkins is catching everything in SIGHT! 

Robbie should have at least fought more for the throw near the endzone & came back for the ball & gotten an a PI on the defender on the throw in the 4th. We need a stronger #1 WR.

• Upvote 1