Sam Darnold is Better than Dak

Mark78

he's better than mayfield, allen, rosen, and jackson too.  i know it's way too early to put him in canton but i can't recall a team responding to a jets team playing so well when their qb comes back as they did sunday.  maybe chaddy sparked the team the same but chaddy didn't have the physical ability or strength.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Dak is who he is and he's been like this for several years now. He's an above average QB that makes good accurate short throws. He's never going to be elite and if you truly want to handcuff your franchise then pay him 40 mil a year.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

he's better than mayfield, allen, rosen, and jackson too.  i know it's way too early to put him in canton but i can't recall a team responding to a jets team playing so well when their qb comes back as they did sunday.  maybe chaddy sparked the team the same but chaddy didn't have the physical ability or strength.

I agree but if we didnt have Sam id take lamar jackson over the rest

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Who’s Chaddy?

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s not many QBs in the league I’d want over Sam long term right now. Jimmy G? No thanks. Mitch Trubisky? ? Kyler Murray? Looks good but I’ll stay with Sam. Baker Mayfield? Guy will be out of the league soon.

The list starts and ends with Mahomes and probably Wilson.  Watson is a push.  Nobody else I'd swap Darnold for.  Not even close.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Jets fans need to get over this extreme negativity with regards to the QB position. 

Not declaring Darnold as literally the Greatest QB in the NFL after one win where he led an offense that scored below the league average in points per game and scored no TD's in the entire second half now = "extreme negativity"?  Seriously? :blink:

FFS this place is ridiculous.  Sam had a good, not great, game.  His Defense won the game keeping an elite (#1 in the NFL) but beat up Offense from doing almost anything till it was too late.  The Offense had a great first half, and did almost nothing in the second half.  They, and he, have a long way to go to be average.  Much less great.  

We all like Sam.  We all support Sam.  Not all of us feel the need to hype him up to completely unreal levels today.  Why isn't it enough to just really enjoy a great win?  Why do we have to act like we suddenly have the greatest player ever to play the position?  Let the kid play his way to that description.  No need for anointing anyone today.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm at a loss that all Jet fans do not understand how special Darnold is. In all seriousness, if you were building a QB to lead your team, what quality would you add that Darnold does not already have? 

We are so freaking lucky right now. If Joe Douglas just builds the O line and adds a #1 WR, the Jets will be a perennial SB contender. Once you've got the QB, all you need is a competent front office to keep the train rolling. I think we have that now, but I acknowledge we don't really know yet and I temper my expectations with the reality that for the vast majority of my time on earth, the Jets have not had a competent front office.

easy answer to your first question:

i'd hope for an uglier QB.  we wouldn't be talking about Mono if he was ugly.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

He is

Like Greeny asked in the segment, if you were starting a team from scratch, who would you take behind center? Dak or Darnold?

I’m absolutely taking Darnold. And clearly Rex, Orlovsky and McAfee agree. Guys who have all either coached or played in the league for an extended period of time. Hell, Rex straight up laughed as if it wasn’t even a debate.

Jets fans need to get over this extreme negativity with regards to the QB position. 

Darnold isn’t Mark Sanchez. 

He was a true, blue chip QB prospect coming out of college. Should’ve been the #1 pick.

I still maintain that he’s the best QB prospect since Luck and the best thing to happen to the Jets since Namath. I’ve witnessed nothing to sway that opinion. Obviously Mahomes has been ridiculous, but if anyone says they saw him turning into this, especially in such a short amount of time, then they’re lying through their f*cking teeth.

Even Andy Reid has publicly admitted that he couldn’t foresee Mahomes turning into this kind of player.

Totally agree.   And he’s still a baby in this league.  

• Upvote 3

The narrative that is driving me absolutely NUTS is that Dallas lost because of injuries when the Jets are more crippled by injuries to begin with an arguably from a lower talent base. Stop it already. Or that they lost because of a PI call when the Jets had a series of horrible PI calls all in a row to even give Dallas the chance. And Darnold still clearly outperformed him. It's like you dont really appreciate how good Sam is until you can compare him to something. He has crazy talent.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree, but only because I have a very low opinion of Dak as a QB, not because I am 100 % convinced Sam is the franchise guy.  I'm like 97 % sure.  But that other 3 % is I'm a Jets fan and not allowed to have nice things.  

Now that actually makes a ton of sense. I actually had to pinch myself yesterday watching the game. It has been sooooooo long I have felt like "This is the Guy". Probably had that feeling for a little while with Chad. But I was always concerned about his arm and his being injury prone. Sanchez belief lasted for a very short time. I almost had a tear in my eye watching Sam yesterday. He's a great kid witha ton of talent and I am also about 98% percent a true believer. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1