Quincy Enunwa- Spinal Stenosis

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not a cap guy, but hopefully if his career is over we can get some cap relief. 

If he's healthy, the Jets can cut him without any salary guarantees for injury. The result would be an accelerated cap hit of $5.4M, but $6M in savings from his salary for a net savings of just $600K. But with salaries of $7.8M and $9.6M scheduled after that, it's probably best just to cut bait. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way he plays another down of NFL football. 

Injury settlement needs to happen. 

Wish Quincy Enunwa the best, back is nothing to mess around with. 

I agree with you 100%.  I am a big Mets fan as well as Jets fan, and David Wright had spinal stenosis.

As much as I loved David Wright, he soaked the Mets for years after being diagnosed with this condition.  He played like 25 games one year, then couldn't play the rest of the year.  Then he came back the following year for like 20 games, then he couldn't play again for the rest of the year after that.  

If the Jets keep Quincy, then they are stupider than the Mets, who are pretty stupid themselves. The Mets had to pay David Wright, since there was no cap relief, and David Wright was forever trying to recuperate, which means he was just taking the Mets money for nothing and making many millions of dollars in doing so.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No way he plays another down of NFL football. 

Injury settlement needs to happen. 

Wish Quincy Enunwa the best, back is nothing to mess around with. 

I totally agree.

Q, good player, bad luck with injuries.   He got paid, I hope he has been smart with it, please don't risk your future health, and I wish him the best going forward.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Quincy broken neck Enunwa & Brian I play hurt & suck Winters

That's what we have left from Mr. Idzik

Idzik had a plan for building a team and carried out that plan.  He also could not draft at all.

McCagnan had no plan at all for building a team.  He also could not draft at all.

Both terrible GMs in the end but Idzik had a clue about what you should attempt to be doing.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Idzik had a plan for building a team and carried out that plan.  He also could not draft at all.

McCagnan had no plan at all for building a team.  He also could not draft at all.

Both terrible GMs in the end but Idzik had a clue about what you should attempt to be doing.

They both sucked horribly but I don’t know why there was a perception for several years here that Macagnan knew what he was doing

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alka said:

I agree with you 100%.  I am a big Mets fan as well as Jets fan, and David Wright had spinal stenosis.

As much as I loved David Wright, he soaked the Mets for years after being diagnosed with this condition.  He played like 25 games one year, then couldn't play the rest of the year.  Then he came back the following year for like 20 games, then he couldn't play again for the rest of the year after that.  

If the Jets keep Quincy, then they are stupider than the Mets, who are pretty stupid themselves. The Mets had to pay David Wright, since there was no cap relief, and David Wright was forever trying to recuperate, which means he was just taking the Mets money for nothing and making many millions of dollars in doing so.

Didn't insurance pick up most of the tab on the David Wright injury years? 

Anyway, see ya later Quincy. Thanks for like one good season and 3-4 other injury riddled ones, and trashing the organization on your way out after you started the issue.

• Upvote 1

Obviously I wish him nothing but great health moving forward and I really liked him for a minute there, but I'm done with him. 

That BS he pulled with blaming the team when he decided to pull a no call no show was bad news.  Then he took it public and tried to kick the org when it was down.  What he did was a major dick move. 

I really hope the Jets find the best way to just get rid of him this season. Good riddance 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1