You worst recent draft endorsement ...

Dunnie

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Sam Darnold. Not because he is worse than I though he would be. I knew he was young, inexperienced and prone to mistakes when we drafted him. But, deluding myself into

Hoping/thinking the Jets would do right by him makes me regret drafting him. Kid should have went to a team with a competent front office and stability. I feel for him, his family and friends. I’m sorry! 

I wanted Baker Mayfield.... BUT I also wanted Russel Wilson as I thought their game would translate to the NFL.  Baker is becoming Johnny Manziel.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, peebag said:

Still holding out hope for Rosen

But for the Jets, I truly thought Devin Smith would be a game changer for us.  Dude was so excellent for OSU that I could have sworn he was a can't miss.

Smith was more of a bad luck case. 

Comes in, gets his ribs broken in a practice.  100% not his fault.   Comes back, ACL.   Comes back, ACL.   Just bad luck.   ACL or ribs, that isn't lack of conditioning, or lack of effort, it's just bad luck.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Jets: Leo - while redundant, I was doing backflips over the pick. I believed the hype. 

NFL:  Teez Tabor - he was dominant at Florida and I thought despite a lack of speed, he'd still be able to lock down WR's with technique, physicality and play recognition ala Richard Sherman.  I was wrong.

Otherwise, my record speak for itself and is pretty much spotless.  You'd have to go back to Coples for my last ugly swing an miss.

Who was your QB the year Sam came out honey? 

Ones I got right: Rosen, Amaro, Stewart. Hated all those guys as potential Jets picks.

Ones I got wrong: Darron Lee (versatile chess piece), Christian Hackenberg (all the tools, just needs the instructions), Leonard Williams (gift from the draft gods).

• Sympathy 1

So reviewing this thread, it seems like our draft misses were all guys we liked who ended up sucking.  Are there any guys we have taken, in the last 10 years that we didn't like that turned out to be players.  We have had so few unexpected hits over the years that it is hard to find.  

For me, the one that probably fits in that category was trading up for Brandon Shell.  I hated the idea of giving up a future 4 to take a 5.  He may not be a great player, but a decent starting offensive lineman in the 5th round (even for cost of a 4) is a nice pick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Gotta be alot of us who say josh Rosen or Paxton lynch i think. Atleast if we are being honest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I wasn't sold on Paxton Lynch, but he was the draft pick over Darron Lee when you need a QB.  You HAVE to have a FQB in this league or you go nowhere, so you keep drafting QB's until you find one.

Turns out, neither picked worked.

:)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

So reviewing this thread, it seems like our draft misses were all guys we liked who ended up sucking.  Are there any guys we have taken, in the last 10 years that we didn't like that turned out to be players.  We have had so few unexpected hits over the years that it is hard to find.  

For me, the one that probably fits in that category was trading up for Brandon Shell.  I hated the idea of giving up a future 4 to take a 5.  He may not be a great player, but a decent starting offensive lineman in the 5th round (even for cost of a 4) is a nice pick.

Tough question, especially considering that we basically have two complete drafts since 2010, I think, where not only are no players left on the Jets, but may not be any left in the league. I agree with Shell, actually thought he was gonna be better. Only guy that comes to my mind, and being very, very optimistic here, is Sheppard. Very small sample size, but looked pretty decent 2nd half of the year.

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

Enunwa. Injuries aside he’s shown he’s a player. I didn’t want him. Wasn’t even convinced he’d make the team as a rookie. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Nathan Shepherd is, I'm happy to say, now proving me (and a lot of other posters) wrong.

Wasn't a fan of that pick at all, as I think over-aged players seldom work out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve only ever been wrong on one eval and that was Matt Leinart. Granted, he flopped because of work ethic, but it’s still the *lone* black mark on my record. 

And yet here you are, posting on message boards and playing FortNite at 2AM instead of being hired to rebuild the Washington Redskins.

What we’re learning here is that the one big draft mistake is all 32 teams failing to pick T0m.

?

• WTF? 1