Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy as their new Head Coach

King P

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Aaron Rodgers didn’t become Aaron Rodgers twirling his thumbs on a bench for 2-3 years. MM had a part on the development of ARod.

Favre definitely wasn’t giving him tips. 

I'm sure Favre didn't teach him how to ignore the scheme drawn up by the HC and make it up on the run. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn that Booger meme is getting old FASTTT

The crying Jordan meme is old. The “girl laughing with mouthful of water” gif is old.

The Booger meme is right where it needs to be. Front and center until they wise up and get his silly ass out of the booth. That partner of his too.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Somewhat shocking.  I didn't think Jones would make a smart hire here, so McCarthy made sense as an end result, but I at least thought he'd wait to take a close look at the college coaches.

Yeah I like the hire but I thought it would be a college coach like Lincoln Riley.

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm sure Favre didn't teach him how to ignore the scheme drawn up by the HC and make it up on the run. 

I’m sure he didn’t either. Rodger’s is just a douche. Play worked tho.

also important to note that he had a small spat with Matt LaFleur earlier this year just like he did with MM. that’s just the way Rodgers is lol...really not an indictment on MM at all.

Rodgers is old enough, good enough and been around long enough to make his own offense and succeed. That’s kind what happened. New coach or not.

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The crying Jordan meme is old. The “girl laughing with mouthful of water” gif is old.

The Booger meme is right where it needs to be. Front and center until they wise up and get his silly ass out of the booth. That partner of his too.

Lol idk man the Jordan crying meme is a classic at this point but damn good point,, they do need to can his ass. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. Cousins, who I wanted to sign, has another great year and wins a big playoff game on the road with some great throws late and in OT.

2. Watson, who I wanted to draft over Adams, wins a playoff game with a spectacular personal play and pass late.

3. McCarthy, who I wanted to hire over Gase, interviewed by literally everyone so far and is the first choice of the Dallas Cowboys.

4. Gase, who I doubted from day 1, finished with the 32nd ranked Offense in the NFL.  As expected.

5. The Jets O-line, which I screamed for ages was being problematically ignored and was a huge problem, was the worst O-line in the NFL this year.

Nice to have some validation.

What happened to your profile avatar. Put it back. This doesn’t feel right.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. Cousins, who I wanted to sign, has another great year and wins a big playoff game on the road with some great throws late and in OT.

2. Watson, who I wanted to draft over Adams, wins a playoff game with a spectacular personal play and pass late.

3. McCarthy, who I wanted to hire over Gase, interviewed by literally everyone so far and is the first choice of the Dallas Cowboys.

4. Gase, who I doubted from day 1, finished with the 32nd ranked Offense in the NFL.  As expected.

5. The Jets O-line, which I screamed for ages was being problematically ignored and was a huge problem, was the worst O-line in the NFL this year.

I am with you on 3, 4 and 5.  Think Jets, for them, ended up in the right place without Watson and Cousins. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m so jealous right now.

Mike McCarthy was suppose to come here and mold Darnold into Rodgers 2.0

He would of gotten Sam’s mechanics fine tuned and ready to go.

Right.  But McCarthy is a HC that "runs the show".  The Johnson's would not be able to meddle.  That is why they would not hire him regardless of how much better of a choice he was vs. the con man they hired.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is a disaster waiting to happen.  McCarthy will not like Jerry's meddling and constant commentary.  Jerry needs a puppet like Garrett.  This will end badly.   

To be fair, I don't think any of the top candidates were going to handle meddling well.  They'll all want a lot of say on personnel decisions on top of their HC duties.

This was going to end poorly regardless of who Jerry hired.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You and me both 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea all one has to ask is would the Cowboys ever have hired Gase?  

That answer tells you all the difference between the two organizations....

Was Gase up for the Dallas job? This is the same organization that hired Dave Campo, Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.  Since 1997 they have 3 playoff wins so maybe it's good our organization are different?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1