Giants hire Joe judge as head coach

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fun to connect some dots here.  No doubt that if Belichick were to ever leave NE the Giants would be one of, if not the only, likely place he'd go to wrap up his career.  He knows the Maras very well.  Gettleman hiring a guy from BB's staff is almost like a twist of the knife....a cockblock to keep BB from maneuvering his way into the Giants job because we all know....if BB went to the Giants he'd want to run the show and he'd force Gettleman out.

How interesting must the conversation have been between Judge and Belichick?  Bill's 38 year old coordinator, a protege who has been with the Pats for the past 8 years walking into Belichick's office and saying he's been offered the Giants HC job.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hiring a position coach for the HC spot as a first timer is an uphill climb. There is significantly more potential for failure than success. Sure Reid  was a big time hit, but this is risky business. 

I'm hoping he flames out in epic fashion. Ya know... cuz I hate the Giants and everyone associated with the Pats. And the Browns and Steelers. oh I hate the Bucs too. Screw the Phins and Bills by the way.  oh did I mention how much I hate the Saints and Titans?  

:):)  :) 

Tell us how you really feel.?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Patriots WRs were terrible this year. They ever l even traded a 2nd round pick for Sanu and got nothing out of him.

Haha true, but he has also been their special teams coordinator since 2015 and they have a top special teams unit every year

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hiring a position coach for the HC spot as a first timer is an uphill climb. There is significantly more potential for failure than success. Sure Reid  was a big time hit, but this is risky business. 

I'm hoping he flames out in epic fashion. Ya know... cuz I hate the Giants and everyone associated with the Pats. And the Browns and Steelers. oh I hate the Bucs too. Screw the Phins and Bills by the way.  oh did I mention how much I hate the Saints and Titans?  

:):)  :) 

Why not just say you hate all NFL teams except the Jets, which would have been easier/faster.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Barkley over a franchise QB

Danny Dimes

The Judge

Two - three years from now Gettleman will be the greatest genius of all time or the stupidest football person of all time.

And yet WE are the F UPS???!!!!!

Plastered night and day by the media for the eentire world to see.  Going 7-9 despite tying for the league lead in injuries AND tackles for loss!!!

Durrrr Durrr... We are just so incapable!  How do we go 6-2 the last half of the season.  Its not a normal 6-2... it's a meaningless 6-2!

John Mara is no Wellington Mara.  Their decision making lately seems very flawed.  

I do like bringing Garrett in though.  When to the Jets announce their coaching changes?  Would be nice to bring Callahan back, but that bridge may be burned.  Gase will not survive 2020 without a better staff.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Barkley over a franchise QB

Danny Dimes

The Judge

Two - three years from now Gettleman will be the greatest genius of all time or the stupidest football person of all time.

Imagine if they didn't draft Mahomes or Watson when they didn't have Eli Manning.  At least they didn't pass on Lamar when they were taking a QB.  

If I wasn't a smug Jets fan I would be shocked at how smug Jets fans are. 

• Upvote 1

So far the only truly "new" guys to the Head Coaching ranks this year are Joe Judge and Matt Rhule, correct?

McCarthy to the Cowboys and Rivera to the Redskins are basically recycling.

For all the talk of up-and-coming coordinators in the NFL, Judge is the only one so far (depending on what Cleveland does w/McDaniels being a possibility).  Lincoln Riley staying put for another year as well.

Imagine both Judge (ST) and McDaniels (OC) leaving New England.  There wouldn't be any coordinators there given the Belichick was essentially the DC this past season.  It could really start falling apart up in Foxboro if McDaniels leaves and maybe Brady leaves.  I have visions of Belichick alone in a meeting room mumbling to himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1